News & Current Events

Kentucky Votes To Ban Child Marriage

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Mar 17, 2018 @ 22:34:36
C: I believe we should have 100% (or as near 100% as possible) conscription into either military service or civil service duty.

E: My hypothetical social system makes military service a requisite for citizenship. Non-citizens (i.e., residence) would have all the rights that citizens have except for voting.
chaski On about 16 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Mar 18, 2018 @ 00:02:05
@Erimitus Said

C: I believe we should have 100% (or as near 100% as possible) conscription into either military service or civil service duty.

E: My hypothetical social system makes military service a requisite for citizenship. Non-citizens (i.e., residence) would have all the rights that citizens have except for voting.

I'm ok with that.

I add in (in "my world" ) the civil service duty as some can't serve in the military due to physical limitations and/or because some are "conscientious objectors" due to religion. These people should still owe service to our country... IMO... thus "civil service".

I would add in that people could buy out of their duty to serve... it would be very expensive, paid up front (no loans/no government assistance) and public knowledge kept easily accessible to all. No reason needed, just $x.00... maybe $1,000,000.00.... but one forfeits the ability to hold government office (elected or otherwise).

I would be happy to add your idea of "no service-no vote".

I wrote a thesis on this back in university... I thought it very comprehensive and reasonable... if I do say so myself (though supported by the good grade I got on the thesis and in the class).

Of course that is all a high jacking of "my" thread...which I endorse fully.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#18New Post! Mar 18, 2018 @ 00:40:18
@chaski Said

I'm ok with that.

I add in (in "my world" ) the civil service duty as some can't serve in the military due to physical limitations and/or because some are "conscientious objectors" due to religion. These people should still owe service to our country... IMO... thus "civil service".

I would add in that people could buy out of their duty to serve... it would be very expensive, paid up front (no loans/no government assistance) and public knowledge kept easily accessible to all. No reason needed, just $x.00... maybe $1,000,000.00.... but one forfeits the ability to hold government office (elected or otherwise).

I would be happy to add your idea of "no service-no vote".

I wrote a thesis on this back in university... I thought it very comprehensive and reasonable... if I do say so myself (though supported by the good grade I got on the thesis and in the class).

Of course that is all a high jacking of "my" thread...which I endorse fully.

And ...and to be a citizen a person must pass the same test that naturalized citizen take.

I don't know about buy out of service but if you have bone spurs you definitely should not be required to serve.
chaski On about 16 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#19New Post! Mar 18, 2018 @ 01:12:29
@Erimitus Said

And ...and to be a citizen a person must pass the same test that naturalized citizen take.

I don't know about buy out of service but if you have bone spurs you definitely should not be required to serve.

I was actually thinking that to become a citizen a person had to pass the FBI's firearms qualifications course, or shoot an animal from a deer stand.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs