Madrid
Spain
PLS: ? 38.23

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Conflict
TFS Journal
Success through breeding
March 16, 2018 @ 07:51:31 pm
A topic I had hinted at, but did not expand on.

I've already told everyone here that I'm moving because I don't want to live in a society that makes the relationship a number one priority, but right now, I'd like to explain a critical part of my decision.

I don't want to earn sucess through making children. Yes, we need children to be born so the human race doesn't die out. New blood is essential, but, it's not an abseloutely necessary component of the human machine.

At least, not a component that has to be installed in everybody's life, as a social grace or to help people thrive. I don't have any kids. I'm unmarried and that does not make me a bad person. I don't have a wife and kids to support but I'm no less the wear for it.

I know it's part of basic psychology to fight, work, train, sleep spend time with family. I've nothing against it. What I do object to, though, is if this kind of virtue is extolled by too many people. Where I am it is and I can't take part, not because I am against said way of life - I both respect and accept it, but I wasn't raised to partake of it.

I was raised to get a job first, do my part and then start a family at a time of my choosing, when I felt I'd gotten on my feet, walked a fair distance and then realised that kids in my life would be something I'd like to add.

This is what I left unsaid, or might not have specified clearly. I am not breeding stock. I don't have to have kids or marry if I don't want to. People of the same sex share flats and that doesn't make them gay or unnatural - it just means they don't want to lead with their d***s. I live with my mother because it is a transitory arrangement until I either get married, or until something happens to her, but mark my words, I am not going to shack up with a girl to satisfy my lower body parts or to make my life, or her life, easier.

Quote | Reply

Quote | Reply