My Stats

Antarctica
PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal
Depressed?
March 07, 2018 @ 12:33:51 pm

Do negative events can affect you directly, causing depression, anxiety, or anger?

I believe only negative thoughts can cause you to feel depressed, anxious, or anger.

What do you think?

Quote | Reply

Eaglebauer

New Post! March 07, 2018 @ 12:58:29 pm
@Erimitus Said

Do negative events can affect you directly, causing depression, anxiety, or anger?

I believe only negative thoughts can cause you to feel depressed, anxious, or anger.

What do you think?

A friend of mine once told me he gets depressed because he's an optimist. It didn't make sense to me but he explained that it caused him to be over optimistic about things which lead to him to being let down when things didn't work the way he expected.

I guess in that case though, it was disappointment that lead to depression, though the disappointment was born of optimism.

People get anxious when something really good is about to happen, but again, I guess that's really mild pessimism causing anxiety. They get nervous that the good thing isn't going to happen.

twilitezone911

New Post! March 07, 2018 @ 02:05:47 pm
when you are a child is when you start get depress in your life, because get you don't get what you want.

when you get older you get depress, neverous , and pancky over the pressure the little things of the problem. then you get out of handle et the problem control you. you will probably have signs of depression during this time.

then you use reasons and rationally figure out the problem to solve it, you get depress during this progress.

mrmhead

New Post! March 07, 2018 @ 04:16:04 pm
@Erimitus Said

What do you think?

I suppose it can be all in how you take it.

You can lose an arm in an accident and be depressed about losing an arm, or you can be happy that you still have one arm left ... and your life.

And as Eagle kind of referenced - if you lower your expectations, you won't be as disappointed.

... but then you get depressed that you have to lower your expectations of people/things.

mrmhead

New Post! March 07, 2018 @ 04:16:21 pm

chaski

Stalker

New Post! March 07, 2018 @ 04:22:48 pm
@Erimitus Said

What do you think?

People often have negative thoughts that are rooted in "negative" events.

Example:

You are walking through the forest and a bear mauls you. For some reason this bear decided not to kill you, at least not right away. Instead Mr. Bear partially buried you under a pile of leaves, sticks and dirt, which have lots of insects. As you are lying in this pile of rubbish in a lot of pain, insects try to walk into your mouth and eyes and ears. This is, of course, really nothing compared the pain you are feeling on the right side of your head where the bear b**** smacked you. Your shoulder, where the bear bit you as if trying to releave you of your right arm at the shoulder, is fluctuating between numbness and a strange pulsating pain that is giving you visions of blood exiting your body at an unsustainable rate.

You know that you have the choice to think positively and not let this situation depress you.

Still some part of you is sinking into depression and you want to cry.

BUCK UP MAN!
GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!
COWBOY THE F__K-UP!
SEE THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!
DON'T WORRY...BE HAPPY!

Erimitus

New Post! March 07, 2018 @ 08:45:54 pm
C: You are walking through the forest and a bear mauls you. For some reason this bear decided not to kill you, at least not right away. Instead Mr. Bear partially buried you under a pile of leaves, sticks and dirt, which have lots of insects. As you are lying in this pile of rubbish in a lot of pain, insects try to walk into your mouth and eyes and ears. This is, of course, really nothing compared the pain you are feeling on the right side of your head where the bear b**** smacked you. Your shoulder, where the bear bit you as if trying to releave you of your right arm at the shoulder, is fluctuating between numbness and a strange pulsating pain that is giving you visions of blood exiting your body at an unsustainable rate.

E: I hate when that happens.

chaski

Stalker

New Post! March 08, 2018 @ 05:19:33 am
E: I hate when that happens.

C: It can certainly ruin one's day.

Quote | Reply