What is a kingdom?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Jan 10, 2018 @ 22:06:28
@mrmhead Said

I wonder if some nails wish to be other nails. Like, maybe a roofing nail does not like the extremes of weather it has to endure and would rather be a drywall nail.
Or a drywall nail does not want to be inside all the time....

Roofing nails are notoriously mean. They like to hide in the driveway and puncture tires.

chuckle
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#17New Post! Jan 11, 2018 @ 00:36:34
I am king Willi.
my kingdom is inside me.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#18New Post! Jan 11, 2018 @ 01:29:29
I know it is off topic, but while I like the I wish there was one with the sunglasses and a frown.... there probably is.... somewhere... but I just can't get motivated to google it.

#19New Post! Jan 11, 2018 @ 03:38:04
@Willi Said

I am king Willi.
my kingdom is inside me.

I am thinking that there are two kingdoms. One is subjective and the other objective.

It seems to me that a kingdom is the natural order of things. If there is no hierarchy one will form.

There is an extreme Idealism with the hypothesis that there is no objective (matte rial) reality and that there is nothing other than consciousness and that the only existence is consciousness. I am an individuated unit of this larger consciousness and what is called mind is an aspect of the larger consciousness. This is not a new explanation for the mind body problem and I do not believe that is should not be investigated just because it is not a part of my current belief system.

Once we (I) decide to believe we have stopped thinking and when we stop thinking our minds stop evolving. Just because it is nonsense (i.e., does not make sense) does not mean it is not correct; it just means I do not understand yet. Blah, blah, ramble.... Prime directive: Don't believe. Don't even believe the prime directive.

Anyway I cannot seem to be able to not believe but I attempt not to, believe that is.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#20New Post! Jan 12, 2018 @ 00:30:43
@Erimitus Said

I am thinking that there are two kingdoms. One is subjective and the other objective.

It seems to me that a kingdom is the natural order of things. If there is no hierarchy one will form.

There is an extreme Idealism with the hypothesis that there is no objective (matte rial) reality and that there is nothing other than consciousness and that the only existence is consciousness. I am an individuated unit of this larger consciousness and what is called mind is an aspect of the larger consciousness. This is not a new explanation for the mind body problem and I do not believe that is should not be investigated just because it is not a part of my current belief system.

Once we (I) decide to believe we have stopped thinking and when we stop thinking our minds stop evolving. Just because it is nonsense (i.e., does not make sense) does not mean it is not correct; it just means I do not understand yet. Blah, blah, ramble.... Prime directive: Don't believe. Don't even believe the prime directive.

Anyway I cannot seem to be able to not believe but I attempt not to, believe that is.

I read/heard that life as we are in this reality is a union we should respect.
life of anykind is different then non-life in 1 huge way.

#21New Post! Jan 12, 2018 @ 00:43:54
@Willi Said

I read/heard that life as we are in this reality is a union we should respect.
life of anykind is different then non-life in 1 huge way.

I agree with that.

There are live things

There are dead things (i.e., once alive)

I am not completely sure there may be things that were never alive and never will be alive.

Premise: all life is sentient.

Premise: Some life is conscious.

I am conscious. My cat is conscious (and naughty)

An amoeba responds to stimuli but is not conscious. Maybe a nervous system is requisite of consciousness.

In my philosophy of life (theory of everything) it evil to do unnecessary harm.

Respect living things (i.e., beings) and do them no unnecessary harm.

Were necessary harm ends and where unnecessary harm begins is kind of a gray area.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#22New Post! Jan 12, 2018 @ 03:03:21
@Erimitus Said

I agree with that.

There are live things

There are dead things (i.e., once alive)

I have read/heard, a union is more then 1 thing.
if so, can separate parts exist on there own?
can they learn?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs