Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#31New Post! Oct 24, 2017 @ 13:04:45
@Erimitus Said

That which exists, exists in a state of being.

There are kinds of being.

'A being' is in the state of being. 'To Be. is to have a state of being. It is difficult to explain because being (i.e., to be) and 'A being' are not the same.

I had some ideas on the 'ME' but the neural network where those ideas are stored is inaccessible at the moment. Today's project will be to (attempt) to remember. I will either remember or I won't.

You have a State of Being?
I understand the difference between a verb and a noun. A Being and To Be.
I also understand not being able to explain something. I can't explain how I think and yet I think. I can't explain how I walk but I walk. Silly, right? We are and are not our minds.
We can't look back to old memories because they've changed with the Us Now.

You are neural networks of ideas? Isn't that changing all the time? Or are you saying you have an idea of your me but you forgot or don't remember?

No problem, you be the you you want to be right now. Our "neural network" isn't us either, is it?
I change my mind so much and forget so many little things, why would I want to be my mind?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#32New Post! Oct 24, 2017 @ 13:21:14

" they are called, " BOOBS! ", ed! " - Julie Roberts, Erin Brockovich
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#33New Post! Oct 24, 2017 @ 20:08:06
@Sweet_Merry Said

There is no Try... you either are or you aren't/do or don't.
If you want to you'll find a way, if you don't you'll find an excuse.

You're right... I guess I just won't be me.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#34New Post! Oct 24, 2017 @ 20:27:14
@Eaglebauer Said

Respect is also something that needs to be earned though, isn't it? I can be civil and polite to a stranger, but I don't respect him unless I know him to be worthy of it.
Well, to me "civil and polite" tend to fall under "basic respect", at least for me. I do see what you are saying overall.

I'm more concerned about disrespect because I think civil polite discourse is and should be expected. Being a d***head for no real reason is more of a problem in my book.

I suppose we're splitting hair here at some point.
One day. . . I will

#35New Post! Oct 24, 2017 @ 20:34:24
@chaski Said

You're right... I guess I just won't be me.

Lol! Okay, be whomever you want to be. There's no need to limit yourself to just being me.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#36New Post! Oct 24, 2017 @ 22:19:04
@Sweet_Merry Said

Lol! Okay, be whomever you want to be. There's no need to limit yourself to just being me.

But I don't want to be the me that is you...I want to be the me that is me...except I don't want to have to work for it... it should come naturally... I should have just been born me, it would have made things so much easier.
One day. . . I will

#37New Post! Oct 24, 2017 @ 22:46:20
@chaski Said

But I don't want to be the me that is you...I want to be the me that is me...except I don't want to have to work for it... it should come naturally... I should have just been born me, it would have made things so much easier.

If you have to work at being the me that is you then is it you you're trying to be? Being me is easy, being is easy.
Conflict On April 22, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#38New Post! Oct 25, 2017 @ 18:56:18
@mrmhead Said

From baby to adult makes me think of time,

so an adult is a baby that has aged.

If you were to start with a "child":
An Adult is a child that has matured.

An adult in the first statement is not necessarily an adult in the second.

My goodness, how flat. I mean, come on. Surely you can come up with something a little more imaginative than this! The examples I gave were mystical, deeply rooted in man's psyche to go on learning and never give up, because he wanted to see where his life's journey would take him if he were to never stop striving for something more, or broaden his knowledge base for the mere pleasure of learning how to see the world in different ways.

Are these ideas awakening the creative part of your mind?

I would say an adult is baby whose curiosity and wish to do things never stopped evolving.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#39New Post! Oct 25, 2017 @ 20:07:47
@Conflict Said

My goodness, how flat. I mean, come on. Surely you can come up with something a little more imaginative than this! The examples I gave were mystical, deeply rooted in man's psyche to go on learning and never give up, because he wanted to see where his life's journey would take him if he were to never stop striving for something more, or broaden his knowledge base for the mere pleasure of learning how to see the world in different ways.

Are these ideas awakening the creative part of your mind?

I would say an adult is baby whose curiosity and wish to do things never stopped evolving.

Mat: 18:3
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#40New Post! Oct 29, 2017 @ 09:16:51
Guess this would also start off politicians and police as control freaks
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs