The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

A world without Donald Trump as a leader?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
geometry On September 07, 2017

Subtle Consequences, Canada
#1New Post! Aug 28, 2017 @ 02:50:16
What do you guys think? What do you think the world would be like without a (sociopath) leader like Donald Trump?
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 28, 2017 @ 04:53:46
We'll find out in a little under four years from now.

Hopefully.
Conflict On March 25, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#3New Post! Aug 31, 2017 @ 19:44:54
Trump is a hotelier, a businessman. He treats the world as if it were his property and the people in it as his clients. His wish for people to 'buy and hire american' smacks of xenaphobia and will most likely tick off quite a few international entities. I for one want him impeached. He doesn't know what he's doing and his unstable relationships with his cabinet confirms it.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Aug 31, 2017 @ 20:53:33
@geometry Said

What do you guys think? What do you think the world would be like without a (sociopath) leader like Donald Trump?

I'm no fan of Trump and I've been pretty vocal about that here and elsewhere, but it's just plain incorrect to say he's a sociopath.
chaski On about 16 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5New Post! Aug 31, 2017 @ 21:36:23
@geometry Said

What do you think the world would be like without a (sociopath) leader like Donald Trump?

For the answer to that question (for most Americans) one can look at any or all of the last 11 presidents....or look at any or all of the last 64 years or so.

(Obviously one could look farther back in time... I was just going with the more or less modern presidents).

So... without Trump we would have: Wars, protests, an increasingly disfunctional government, and a population that has become increasingly divided (politically speaking) that displays little respect for the office of the presidency (both democrats/liberals & republicans/conservatives being equally guilty and equally blaming the other side).

Etc
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Sep 01, 2017 @ 12:13:40
@chaski Said

For the answer to that question (for most Americans) one can look at any or all of the last 11 presidents....or look at any or all of the last 64 years or so.

(Obviously one could look farther back in time... I was just going with the more or less modern presidents).

So... without Trump we would have: Wars, protests, an increasingly disfunctional government, and a population that has become increasingly divided (politically speaking) that displays little respect for the office of the presidency (both democrats/liberals & republicans/conservatives being equally guilty and equally blaming the other side).

Etc

Greetings, American voter. Would you like to leap from a 30 story window or a 31 story window this election?
Stalker

#7New Post! Sep 01, 2017 @ 21:02:10
@Eaglebauer Said

Greetings, American voter. Would you like to leap from a 30 story window or a 31 story window this election?

31 please... I want my money's worth.
Conflict On March 25, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#8New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 13:09:33
@chaski Said

31 please... I want my money's worth.

I'd rather leap out of a 320 floor to avoid living in Trump's world. Think of how fast I'd travel and all the things I'd see whooshing by!

My goodness. He is pledging a very generous 1 million dollars to the restoration effort of Houston! That's a really generous amount. I say one million per year ought to go a long way in rebuilding the city.

Not. Clump of s*** should get pumped into space and left to drift.
Stalker

#9New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 16:25:00
@Conflict Said

I'd rather leap out of a 320 floor to avoid living in Trump's world. Think of how fast I'd travel and all the things I'd see whooshing by!

Yes... hyperbolically.

Of course the reality is that we will only suffer him for a short time.

Maybe something good will come...some republicans have decided that working with & negotiations with democrats isn't such a horrible idea after all.

Maybe a Trump presidency will inadvertently result in an end to the gridlock.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 21:08:18
"Trump as a Leader" - if you're talking as in past US presidents "Leader of the world" - at least in some sense, I think his days as leader of the world are fewer than his days as POTUS.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#11New Post! Apr 17, 2020 @ 02:55:12
Then John Lenon would come back from the grave and re-write his humanist anthem

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs