Politics

Nuclear War Talk or Screw Kimmy or Fire and Fury

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#31New Post! Sep 19, 2017 @ 18:20:30
Very good Jennifer1984. Looks like you have it in focus. I lived thru the Cuban Missile Crisis. If you like to watch the movie "thirteen days"(2000), this would give you some idea of the tension and white-knuckle nail-biting event that was. And the public knew what was happening. Shelves in grocery stores were cleaned out. We knew we were on the edge. And with great diplomatic and professional political skill disaster was averted. Comparatively today that kind of leadership is lacking. There is not much time for the learning curve. But we must get beyond politics as entertainment. Get down to the business of solving the problem.

Corey.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#32New Post! Sep 19, 2017 @ 23:54:37
This s*** going down with NK is getting a bit scary. Trump is ramping up his rhetoric, the fat turd just launched another missile a day or so ago. China could end all this now. Shame that they aren't stepping up more. The NK people are really screwed by this a*****e tyrant, but what can we do really???? I know that I don't want a gosh darn nuke tipped ICMB to land on our doorstep and who the hell knows what will happen in the future.

I don't know if NK has the same mutually assured destruction fear that the Soviets and us had all of these years.

I mean NK's generals and all of their military has to know that if they launch something at us, we'll respond back much harsher. I mean it's a death sentence for them to do anything. I just don't get it.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#33New Post! Sep 20, 2017 @ 03:38:52
@Jennifer1984 Said

I can't help wondering how a female who was, say, a former Secretary of State, who had many years of experience and expertise in diplomacy, might have handled this if she were President right now...?

As she was going to start a war with Russia little Kim would probably fail to grab her attention.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#34New Post! Sep 20, 2017 @ 03:50:11
@Eaglebauer Said

Not sure why I was singled out

Maybe because as a white male who does not spit venom at Trump with every utterance you are literally Hitler.

We live in a funny world. Ben Shapiro is literally Hitler too, so you are in good company.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#35New Post! Sep 20, 2017 @ 04:00:05
@Ratty Said

This s*** going down with NK is getting a bit scary. Trump is ramping up his rhetoric, the fat turd just launched another missile a day or so ago. China could end all this now. Shame that they aren't stepping up more. The NK people are really screwed by this a*****e tyrant, but what can we do really???? I know that I don't want a gosh darn nuke tipped ICMB to land on our doorstep and who the hell knows what will happen in the future.

I don't know if NK has the same mutually assured destruction fear that the Soviets and us had all of these years.

I mean NK's generals and all of their military has to know that if they launch something at us, we'll respond back much harsher. I mean it's a death sentence for them to do anything. I just don't get it.

The problem with us plebs speculating about NK is we simply lack information. In the past there was a direct correlation between the step up in rhetoric for an internal audience in NK and a food shortage. I have no idea whether that holds true today though.

I don't have a problem with Trump mocking Little Kim. Kimmy gives the appearance of being somewhat unhinged, but he must know that he is a nobody in many senses. Diplomacy with NK has so far failed to work. Sanctions don't seem to do much either. I would like to believe, and have no reason not to based on some comments Trump has made, that he is busily working with China on this issue.

That said, if the US thought that Kim had a nuclear weapon capable of threatening the US mainland I imagine diplomacy would end pretty quickly.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#36New Post! Nov 16, 2017 @ 11:47:19
Saw this just now. So, while I know it was made in August, I’ll reply. It’s just as relevant a topic now anyways.

@Jennifer1984 Said

Whatever Obama's record of diplomacy over North Korea was it was infinitely preferable to the way the stark staring bonkers, total nut job you idiots elected to high office is dealing with things right now. And worse than that, we're now seeing that he's a racist, Nazi-supporting nut job into the bargain.

No doubt. But I see my reason for bringing up Obama went completely over your head. Either that or you purposely chose to ignore it in order to boost your intellectual guise with this irrelevant point.

I guess I’ll spell it out: Was Obama’s approach here done because he was black?

@Jennifer1984 Said

Because sexism had a very large part to play in the reason why you idiots elected a racist, stark staring bonkers, total nut job to high office. You preferred him to having a woman in the White House. Forget the rest of the bulls***, most of it was sexism.

So what part played into the reason why you idiots elected to “Brexit” from the EU? Why did you prefer this to the alternative?

Not only did only 20% of the American population vote for Trump, but more people voted for Hillary than Trump in the election. But let’s keep up with the generalizations because, well, we hate America, don’t we?

Trump was elected for a variety of reasons, and I’m pretty sure you’re correct in that sexism was one of them.

Again, though, you’re sidestepping here. The issue is how to deal with North Korea, not the election. And, to be more specific, the problem I had with your statement was implication is that it would have been dealt with differently if a woman was in charge (as opposed to.....er......a male).

And for the record, Hillary actually was in charge of foreign relations on Obama’s behalf for 4 years. She was Secretary of State from 2009-2013. That’s what the role entails. And she had to deal with Kim’s verbal and tangible threats then as Trump has to now. Therefore she has a track record on it and it was, and is, no mystery how she would have reacted now. And guess what? It wasn’t any different than how other men in charge before her dealt with it.

@Jennifer1984 Said
And talking of mystery, to anybody who didn't support a stark staring bonkers nutjob, etc, etc, it wouldn't be any surprise at all why a feminist would draw such a comparison.... Jeez.

With you? No it isn’t a surprise.

@Jennifer1984 Said

For a start, The Korean War was never formally ended. There never was any peace agreement, just a cease fire that has endured this long. You don't "restart" something that hasn't actually ended. All this escalation is merely a continuation of something that has been going on for more than half a century and has never been adequately dealt with.

Thanks for the history lesson, but I was already fully aware of this. You know what I meant though, as anybody would. But let’s devote an entire paragraph on it anyways just to boost that IQ again shall we?

@Jennifer1984 Said
Try to imagine, for just one moment, seeing the North Korean point of view. Do that and the reason for their development of these weapons becomes clear.

The North Korean leadership sees their country as still being at war and are therefore arming themselves to the best of their ability to pursue conflict against an aggressive imperialist foreign enemy that maintains a huge force on its doorstep. And before you make the usual throwaway "Anti-American" slur at me as a matter of routine with anything you don't like to read, remember... I'm making what I see as the North Korean viewpoint here.

No argument here. This is not a epiphany either. We all know why Kim is desperate to develop nuclear weapons.

@Jennifer1984 Said

Now, I know this suggestion will be radical but just give it a try. At least allow it to flit across your consciousness for a moment....

Might it not be a good idea to attempt to start negotiations on the basis of a complete end to all hostilities...? You know... a mutual declaration of peace..... of actually ending the war..? It might take a while to achieve because North Korea is run by a paranoid despot but hell, the war's been going on since the early 1950's with no sign of a military victor remotely in sight. Rather, the only thing that's happening is an escalation of weaponry and threat.

Peace eh...? Who'd think of that..?

There are cooler heads at work in Washington, which is reassuring to see. Popular uprisings in countries such as Romania and the Soviet Union have deposed people like Ceaucescu and the Communist regime in the past but that doesn't seem to be even remotely likely in North Korea at this time. It's not even faintly on the horizon. It's much more likely that North Korea would have commissioned operational missiles with long range nuclear capability before any internal attempt at regime change might take place.

I move for a start towards a realistic peace process between North and South Korea. Yeah, I know... that's something else I'd say that wouldn't be a mystery to you. I guess I'm still just the same damn tree hugging peacenik faggot to you, eh..?

But I can live with that.

This is not a radical idea either. In fact it’s been tried before. Twice - in 1994 and in 2003-2007. Both resulted in peace agreements that called for the end of nuclear weapons development and were later broken by North Korea.

That’s why I say the only options at this point are to accept a nuclear North Korea or intervene militarily. Attempts at negotiation will be as futile as the current attempts at sanctioning.
MisterX On August 10, 2022

Saint Petersburg,
#37New Post! Nov 22, 2017 @ 21:32:58
Nuke 'em, use Neutron bombs, that way the mess will be easier to clean up.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#38New Post! Nov 23, 2017 @ 01:09:55
@MisterX Said

It would put a lot of people out of their misery.
chaski On about 19 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#39New Post! Nov 23, 2017 @ 01:17:02
@MisterX Said

I'm pretty sure that the Neutron bomb program has been done away with..."The last W70 was dismantled in 2011".

So, as wonderful as it would be to drop a Neutron bomb on North Korea, it is no longer an option.

Disclaimer:
Should anyone have better information on this topic than I, feel free to correct me.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#40New Post! Nov 23, 2017 @ 01:25:14
@chaski Said

I'm pretty sure that the Neutron bomb program has been done away with..."The last W70 was dismantled in 2011".

So, as wonderful as it would be to drop a Neutron bomb on North Korea, it is no longer an option.

Disclaimer:
Should anyone have better information on this topic than I, feel free to correct me.

Will "The Trump Bomb" convince China to put pressure on NK?
Stalker

#41New Post! Nov 23, 2017 @ 01:48:52
@Willi Said

Will "The Trump Bomb" convince China to put pressure on NK?

No.

China doesn't take Trump seriously... and neither does Putin. They are each out for themselves and their own. They have Trump's number: Trump wants to be stroked and told he is wonderful.

What better way to control a narcissist than to tell him, once he asks who is the fairest of them all, why of course it is you!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#42New Post! Nov 23, 2017 @ 02:05:19
@chaski Said

No.

China doesn't take Trump seriously... and neither does Putin. They are each out for themselves and their own. They have Trump's number: Trump wants to be stroked and told he is wonderful.

What better way to control a narcissist than to tell him, once he asks who is the fairest of them all, why of course it is you!

Works on my cat too. LOL
I was hoping for "Honor amounst d***taters".
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#43New Post! Nov 23, 2017 @ 02:49:34
@chaski Said

Disclaimer:

Well, it's still fun to think about killing people without the mess!
Stalker

#44New Post! Nov 23, 2017 @ 02:57:19
@mrmhead Said

Well, it's still fun to think about killing people without the mess!

Even with the mess its fun.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs