The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

.. Trump Before politics ...TRUMP REVEALED ...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#31New Post! Apr 03, 2017 @ 05:31:19
@white_swan53 Said

They don't touch the floor with bare feet, the first thing they do is put their feet in the slippers that are right where they left them when they climbed into bed .

I miss my slippers. They're back in Vancouver right now, all cold, alone and afraid. Poor little guys... they probably miss their big, stinky cousins.

*Wiggles his toes sadly.*

@DiscordTiger Said

Lol. I hardly ever end up barefoot. A middle of the night trip to bathroom or to the shower that's it.

Do you sleep in socks, Tiger? I usually don't, unless I'm trying to give my feet an extra tangy kick, then I wear the same socks of the day throughout the night then take 'em off early in the morning so no one's the wiser.

@white_swan53 Said

They were and are lovingly referred to as the family 'tenderfeet' .
We have to be careful where and within hearing of whom , we say this , being a ranch family from a ranching community .

I could imagine.

Last time I was on a farm was probably about 16 years ago when we went to a corn maze for a summer camp trip and I ended up getting bored and stacking chickens on a donkey. I got 7 chickens on its back before it moved, then all the chickens freaked out and flew off, but they were all sitting calmly when I was putting them on.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#32New Post! Apr 03, 2017 @ 10:51:09
@psycoskunk Said

I miss my slippers. They're back in Vancouver right now, all cold, alone and afraid. Poor little guys... they probably miss their big, stinky cousins.

*Wiggles his toes sadly.*

Do you sleep in socks, Tiger? I usually don't, unless I'm trying to give my feet an extra tangy kick, then I wear the same socks of the day throughout the night then take 'em off early in the morning so no one's the wiser.

I could imagine.

Last time I was on a farm was probably about 16 years ago when we went to a corn maze for a summer camp trip and I ended up getting bored and stacking chickens on a donkey. I got 7 chickens on its back before it moved, then all the chickens freaked out and flew off, but they were all sitting calmly when I was putting them on.

We had a donkey while my kids were growing up . Her name was 'Rosie O Donkey' her and a mustang stallion were a rescue project we took on out of pity and anger. they were owned by a guy who lived in the city and thought he was some kind of weekend mountain man .He kept them in a tiny little pen . He lost his job and when he ran out of feed he went to the factory where they make fritos lay corn chips and loaded up the throw away chips out at the dumpster. He said since they were 'corn chips' the animals would eat them and be okay . when we got the two they weighed exactly what the hide and bones of adult horse and donkey weigh ,literately no more then that.
After we had , owned them for about a year ole Rosie had a roll of fat along her neck under the mane . the horse never really came out of the ordeal and to stop his suffering we finally had to put him down .
Now, donkeys are smart as anything . Rosie some how figured out when breakfast time was and where it was served . She had developed a sweet tooth for ' nutter butter peanut butter ' cookies and a caffeine addiction , every morning she would show up at the kitchen window , hang her head as if she hadn't just finished her sweet feed and hay morning meal and let out that god awful noise that only a donkey can make. My daughter would make a bowl of coffee with cream and sugar thank you , grab a handful of cookies and go out to baby talk , scratch and offer a sympathetic hear while Rosie drank her coffee and ate her cookies . We only ran out of cookies one time and never again .
Rosie was 'broke' well as much as a donkey will allow it's self to be . A kid could get up on her back and as long as that kid was content to just sit there while Rosie grazed they could sit there till the cows came home . But if the kid wanted anything more then that , Rosie would do some sort of shiver and away flew the kid . I seen it many times and never could figure out exactly what it was she done ,but it never failed to unseat the kid. and the kids around here were all fair riders pretty early in their childhood .
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#33New Post! Apr 03, 2017 @ 23:53:08
@white_swan53 Said

We had a donkey while my kids were growing up . Her name was 'Rosie O Donkey' her and a mustang stallion were a rescue project we took on out of pity and anger. they were owned by a guy who lived in the city and thought he was some kind of weekend mountain man .He kept them in a tiny little pen . He lost his job and when he ran out of feed he went to the factory where they make fritos lay corn chips and loaded up the throw away chips out at the dumpster. He said since they were 'corn chips' the animals would eat them and be okay . when we got the two they weighed exactly what the hide and bones of adult horse and donkey weigh ,literately no more then that.
After we had , owned them for about a year ole Rosie had a roll of fat along her neck under the mane . the horse never really came out of the ordeal and to stop his suffering we finally had to put him down .
Now, donkeys are smart as anything . Rosie some how figured out when breakfast time was and where it was served . She had developed a sweet tooth for ' nutter butter peanut butter ' cookies and a caffeine addiction , every morning she would show up at the kitchen window , hang her head as if she hadn't just finished her sweet feed and hay morning meal and let out that god awful noise that only a donkey can make. My daughter would make a bowl of coffee with cream and sugar thank you , grab a handful of cookies and go out to baby talk , scratch and offer a sympathetic hear while Rosie drank her coffee and ate her cookies . We only ran out of cookies one time and never again .
Rosie was 'broke' well as much as a donkey will allow it's self to be . A kid could get up on her back and as long as that kid was content to just sit there while Rosie grazed they could sit there till the cows came home . But if the kid wanted anything more then that , Rosie would do some sort of shiver and away flew the kid . I seen it many times and never could figure out exactly what it was she done ,but it never failed to unseat the kid. and the kids around here were all fair riders pretty early in their childhood .

Rosie O' Donkey.

Some people just shouldn't own animals, especially larger ones that require special care. I'm sorry to hear about the horse, but it's good that Rosie had a happy, healthy life full of love and compassion.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs