By Age Six...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#16New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 02:06:04
@LuckyCharms Said

I hold society responsible. Are men part of society? Yes. So are women.

Don't be so dang sensitive. It's hard enough navigating through all this crap without always worrying about hurting men's feelings, pissing them off or wondering what they are going to take offense at. Sorry - ya'll can be aggressive and exhausting sometimes.

The thing is... I can't say we really are welcome at the table. Oh most tables, many tables... in some degree... as long as it's not more than one or two seats. Maybe three.

That's the sad reality.

It's gotten a lot better yet. But we are just not there yet.

Sensitive? Really? Do you realize how many times a day i (and probably most men) have to check what they do amd say in order to not offend a woman?

It's not about being sensitive or not anyways, its the fact that you don't seem to see things how they are. All you see is gow bad it is for women. Which it's not, at all. Not in the western world. It's bad for the poor and wealth doesn't see genders.

Thats not reality at all. My brother's wife makes more then him. Like 50k a year more and she has only 1 degree as ipposed2 to his 2. 3 out of 4 of my aunts make more money then their husbands, one of my aunts actually has to lie to her husband about how much she makes lol, my last 2 exes made more then me. I can keep going.

A male ceo might make more then a female ceo, but how many ceos are there? In reality, as far as i can see more woman make more money then men. Most cases its because they're better educated, or just happen to have better jobs but the fact remains.

When it comes to that money table, yeah you guys are sitting right next to us.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#17New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 02:15:53
@adrinachrome Said

Sensitive? Really? Do you realize how many times a day i (and probably most men) have to check what they do amd say in order to not offend a woman?

It's not about being sensitive or not anyways, its the fact that you don't seem to see things how they are. All you see is gow bad it is for women. Which it's not, at all. Not in the western world. It's bad for the poor and wealth doesn't see genders.

Thats not reality at all. My brother's wife makes more then him. Like 50k a year more and she has only 1 degree as ipposed2 to his 2. 3 out of 4 of my aunts make more money then their husbands, one of my aunts actually has to lie to her husband about how much she makes lol, my last 2 exes made more then me. I can keep going.

A male ceo might make more then a female ceo, but how many ceos are there? In reality, as far as i can see more woman make more money then men. Most cases its because they're better educated, or just happen to have better jobs but the fact remains.

Are you arguing that 'as far as you can see more women make more money than men', indicating an opinion, is a fact?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#18New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 02:16:41
@adrinachrome Said

Um I can tell you that in my personal life I modulate myself probably no less than 30 times a day so I don't offend a man. And I wish for one iota that I was exaggerating. It's a sea of egos sometimes. Have to say it, do it or mean it just right or I deal with stubborn pettiness. It's tiresome.

So you control your tone of voice, your posture, your facial expression, your words and your demeanor at least 30 times a day so as not to offend a woman? Granted I work with all men so that 30 times a day is most likely an understatement. And that doesn't take into account dealing with the idiots that think "you should smile!" is an acceptable way to deal with a woman who is not smiling.

Women make up less than 5% of the CEOs. Women make up less than 20% of the government. Women make up less than 40% of management positions.

So you want to try to claim that I'm not seeing it how it is, that men are not sensitive but say at the same time that one of your aunts has to lie to her husband about how much money she makes?

Yes... when I see an imbalance, I can't just say "well hey at least our husbands aren't allowed to beat us under the law anymore" and walk away happy. 25% isn't enough. And that's about where we are right now on the overall picture.

Yeah it's better than the 5% it was 60 years ago when Rosie first did her riveting. But to suggest I - or anyone, man or woman - should be happy with the status quo is a bit wonky.

Fukitall, Arizona
#19New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 02:22:37
@LuckyCharms Said

Um I can tell you that in my personal life I modulate myself probably no less than 30 times a day so I don't offend a man. And I wish for one iota that I was exaggerating. It's a sea of egos sometimes. Have to say it, do it or mean it just right or I deal with stubborn pettiness. It's tiresome.

So you control your tone of voice, your posture, your facial expression, your words and your demeanor at least 30 times a day so as not to offend a woman? Granted I work with all men so that 30 times a day is most likely an understatement. And that doesn't take into account dealing with the idiots that think "you should smile!" is an acceptable way to deal with a woman who is not smiling.

Women make up less than 5% of the CEOs. Women make up less than 20% of the government. Women make up less than 40% of management positions.

So you want to try to claim that I'm not seeing it how it is, that men are not sensitive but say at the same time that one of your aunts has to lie to her husband about how much money she makes?

Yes... when I see an imbalance, I can't just say "well hey at least our husbands aren't allowed to beat us under the law anymore" and walk away happy. 25% isn't enough. And that's about where we are right now on the overall picture.

Yeah it's better than the 5% it was 60 years ago when Rosie first did her riveting. But to suggest I - or anyone, man or woman - should be happy with the status quo is a bit wonky.

There's no point in talking to you about this.
Magically Delicious

#20New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 02:25:07
@adrinachrome Said

There's no point in talking to you about this.

If you say so.

Fukitall, Arizona
#21New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 02:42:43
@nooneinparticular Said

Are you arguing that 'as far as you can see more women make more money than men', indicating an opinion, is a fact?

It's fact that out of the men and women i know the women make more money.

But no, im done arguing these inequality problems. You people only seem to see it from one side. Its a waste of time and not even fun anymore.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#22New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 05:47:40
@adrinachrome Said

It's fact that out of the men and women i know the women make more money.

But no, im done arguing these inequality problems. You people only seem to see it from one side. Its a waste of time and not even fun anymore.

I'm not arguing about whether or not out of the people you know, women make more money than men. I have no reason to not believe that. I'm arguing about whether that then means that its the same situation everywhere else.
Magically Delicious

#23New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 06:07:52
@adrinachrome Said

Then perhaps you may wish to realize that the first thing you did was blame all six year old little girls for their own inwardly assumed intellectual inequality by claiming women don't like each other.

f***in A.
Draco On August 28, 2017

In the imaginary city that is
#24New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 07:26:38
I think this is one of the spin offs created by equality between men and woman...roles at home have changed...there has to be consequences.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs