Site Support

I Can't Sign Out?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#1New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 01:42:07

When I try to sign out, it'll load the link, but then somehow it won't let me log out and keeps me signed in. How come?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 01:50:00
Mine did that earlier today... I normally use Safari.

I shifted to Firefox because Safari went completely wonky.

mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 02:01:39

@psycoskunk Said

When I try to sign out, it'll load the link, but then somehow it won't let me log out and keeps me signed in. How come?

No One Here Get's Out Alive!

LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 02:32:13

Hotel California... You can check out but you can never leave.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#5New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 04:09:21

So why are you trying to sign out?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 04:28:49

Its the cyber vortex of doom...
Funky-Footed Skunk

#7New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 18:18:35

@chaski Said

Mine did that earlier today... I normally use Safari.

I shifted to Firefox because Safari went completely wonky.

Weird... It was Firefox that was screwing up for me. I think it's fine now.

@mrmhead Said

No One Here Get's Out Alive!

So, does that mean that anyone who's ever left the site and comes back is... a zombie?

@LuckyCharms Said

Hotel California... You can check out but you can never leave.

Actually, I'm one of the few people who was ever forced to leave Hotel California.

Back when I had my 12th birthday in Disneyland, I'm pretty sure the hotel chain we stayed at named that specific hotel the 'California' and I ended up forgetting a pair of my dirty socks in the room. Needless to say, when we came back there was a Hazmat team standing in our hotel room armed with Geiger counters and biohazard suits, the police were getting statements from the manager and one of the cleaning ladies was curled up in the fetal position, crying and muttering something in Spanish while the other cleaning ladies were trying to console her. Everyone wasn't too sure what happened, until I noticed they had my socks in a plastic bag and I said "Oh, there's my socks!"

Needless to say, I'm banned from the California Hotel indefinitely...

@DiscordTiger Said

So why are you trying to sign out?

I was playing Overwatch, but because it's an online game, any extra open windows or devices using the internet can make me lag out, which doesn't help my already 'meh' connection.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#8New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 18:53:41

you can just close the window/tab signing in or out doesn't keep a connection with TFS. The on-line/off-line button work as a time on the last time a TFS page was "refreshed"- after 15 or 20 minutes, the color changes to everyone else that refreshes a page. You can still be "logged in" but not active or close a tab, and it would not make a difference.)

However if there is a ad box on the page, that might keep a connection, especially if it a moving ad, so closing the tab would work to kill that bandwidth

Signing in/logging out only matters when it comes to retyping your credentials. Which can be useful on a shared connection or if you are trying to view the site as a guest. Closing the window/tab would solve your overwatch problem
Funky-Footed Skunk

#9New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 18:59:59

@DiscordTiger Said

you can just close the window/tab signing in or out doesn't keep a connection with TFS. The on-line/off-line button work as a time on the last time a TFS page was "refreshed"- after 15 or 20 minutes, the color changes to everyone else that refreshes a page. You can still be "logged in" but not active or close a tab, and it would not make a difference.)

However if there is a ad box on the page, that might keep a connection, especially if it a moving ad, so closing the tab would work to kill that bandwidth

Signing in/logging out only matters when it comes to retyping your credentials. Which can be useful on a shared connection or if you are trying to view the site as a guest. Closing the window/tab would solve your overwatch problem

I knew about closing the tab/window, but I didn't know about the 15-20 minute site refresh. Thanks Tiger.

I usually just disconnect the WiFi connection altogether when I play. Unless someone else is using the laptop.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#10New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 19:04:51

I almost forgot! When I tried to sign out last night, at one point during the process, there was a logout error and the address kept trying to refresh by itself, but kept erroring, so it was just a flickering window. But when I closed it and tried to go back into TFS a few minutes later, it kept doing it. I'm not too sure if that's ever happened to anyone else before, but it was bizarre.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#11New Post! Feb 27, 2017 @ 18:52:24

It keeps happening, even though I'm on a different computer on a different browser. And the 'flickering loop' described in the above post keeps happening too. I don't know what's going on.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Feb 27, 2017 @ 19:24:05

I am normally just press the " x " on the side of " the forum site " on any of the web browers on my pc. I never have that problems with turn off the tfs website. ( twilite, I been looking for his off switch for years. )

if you have your smartphone or ipad, or whatever probably won't work, probably too much inference or the bars on your cell phone.

probably, have do more with your carrier with your phone. I think pc is more stable to because it isn't mobile, and signals are better than any cellphone or whatever, you have mobile.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#13New Post! Feb 27, 2017 @ 23:15:09
@psycoskunk Said

It keeps happening, even though I'm on a different computer on a different browser. And the 'flickering loop' described in the above post keeps happening too. I don't know what's going on.

Screenshots?
Funky-Footed Skunk

#14New Post! Feb 28, 2017 @ 21:37:02

@LuckyCharms Said

Screenshots?

I'll try, but if I sign out and it starts to loop, I literally can't sign back in for at least a half an hour. I'm fairly busy today too, so I'll try to post a screenshot later on.

The URL that keeps flashing is https://secure.theforumsite.com/login.php?op=logout&msg=auth_error&u=&uu=psycoskunk. I don't know if Tiger would be able to figure it out, but it keeps persisting.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs