Do People Change?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#16New Post! Feb 21, 2018 @ 17:13:00
As we learn and experience we change
If our friends are good ones then we are close often enough so they grow and adapt with the changes or they continue to adapt their acceptance of you as they change; this because they are aware of the catalyst for your changes and your changes, to them, were not a sudden surprise after a long time away from one another.

Sometimes the changes, however, place our friends in jeopardy; not because we became something criminal but rather our political stance, emotional maturity, etc have advanced beyond what they are ready to accept

ie; I have had a friend grow away recently as they are old enough now to begin questioning reality seriously while I am a massive encyclopaedia of information they are just not ready for yet.
HSE123 On February 26, 2018

, North Carolina
#17New Post! Feb 26, 2018 @ 00:16:18
Of course people change in time.
lupinstar On April 16, 2023

Wigmore, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Feb 27, 2018 @ 00:14:02
I don't think people change at all, it's just that we don't know what we're capable of, and have not considered certain things until forced to by certain situations. I'm the same person I was 15 years ago, I'm just learning and understanding who that truly is.
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#19New Post! Mar 10, 2018 @ 20:42:01
Not really. They adapt, they moderate their behaviour patterns, depending on the circumstances, they may want a different way of life because the ones they experience aren't suitable for them, but no, I don't think people change. We are what we are, because of what we go through in our lives and I believe nothing can change it, unless we go through very dramatic changes.

We may stumble and fall, but the truth is we're all moulded by the light or the dark, and one or the other is blinding to us if we step out of either.

We expect change to take effect through our children, but they will only be what we let them be and if they are exposed to a particular way of life, it will affect their outlook permenantly. That's why in the USA, there are the North and South sides of cities. On both sides you have ways of life that don't change much and the people who leave don't want to end up trapped in a lifestyle that will only limit them. Robin Tunney and Jennifer Lien both grew up in the south sides of their respective cities and they both left, one year apart in age. They wanted to change their environments, but as people, I don't think they are much different than they ever were, yet this was a positive thing, because they had drives and goals that have made them successful and remembered, even if Jennifer Lien has fallen from grace.

But, having said that, people not changing can be a positive thing. It means that they are true to themselves and to others, so, with the right approach to life, they can go a long way and not suffer from failing to do what is useful or beneficial to them.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#20New Post! Mar 11, 2018 @ 00:55:50
No.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#21New Post! Mar 11, 2018 @ 02:06:28
Does anything change?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#22New Post! Mar 11, 2018 @ 02:08:33
Time measures the change between then and now.

If the is no change
There is nothing to measure
If there is nothing to measure there is not time....
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#23New Post! Mar 11, 2018 @ 04:07:13
you tell how you changes in times, when you said think or do things that your parents do that you wouldn't do when you are younger.

like parents said " i am sound like my parents, i acting my mother, i am my mother, oh, god, look like my mother, eeh! "

when you are younger, these so-called thoughts or memories of this great wisdom from your parents back then. are stupid, what rock did, they climb out to come to give this crap to me. they are out their minds, this garbage is nonsense.

then twenty-five years, you are give this nonsense, you children. your children think came out of a rock or the caves. omg, they are call you. old fart, what are you talking to.

maybe, in some ways, times changes, people changes, but ideas don't change.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#24New Post! Mar 11, 2018 @ 04:45:40
Do people change??????

Major f***ing life question.... my gut tells me that no.... people don't change ... the same a*****e you got is the same a*****e you get........

I like that big f***ing all meat carna asasda burrito is really gong to be there. All meat carna asada burritos can be metric, much to my chagrin.....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs