Forums: Random:
Holidays

Happy Holidays TFS

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 01:09:22

Does anyone have a cork screw thingy handy ??
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 01:13:08
War on Christmas!!!

I'm a teetotaler now. I have no corkscrews.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 01:14:15
you mean is anyone in the forum, is sooo screw up that need a cork screw thingy handy?

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 01:50:44
@LuckyCharms Said

War on Christmas!!!

I'm a teetotaler now. I have no corkscrews.

Aww man, you ain't one of those wasteful quitters are you ? toss out perfectly good equiptment just because you won't be using it anymore . never giving a thought to all your friends who will get drunk and forget your a quitter and show expecting a cork scew thingy , are you ?

I've been sobor for 15 years now , not a teetotaler just not a drunken pain in the arse . I use to polish off a 12 pack every night , now it takes me a couple of weeks to drink a 12 pack .
Magically Delicious

#5New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 02:10:04
@white_swan53 Said

Aww man, you ain't one of those wasteful quitters are you ? toss out perfectly good equiptment just because you won't be using it anymore . never giving a thought to all your friends who will get drunk and forget your a quitter and show expecting a cork scew thingy , are you ?

I've been sobor for 15 years now , not a teetotaler just not a drunken pain in the arse . I use to polish off a 12 pack every night , now it takes me a couple of weeks to drink a 12 pack .

I'm a dental teetotaler. I've hit the "what's one more?" wall with my teeth. There is no such thing as "one more" with alcohol with my teeth. I don't miss it too much really though. If alcohol consumption ran on a quota, I could probably live to 100 and still be over the limit.

It doesn't mean I don't have my own particular vice. It's just not alcohol.

I gave my corkscrew to charity.

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 05:58:47
@LuckyCharms Said

I'm a dental teetotaler. I've hit the "what's one more?" wall with my teeth. There is no such thing as "one more" with alcohol with my teeth. I don't miss it too much really though. If alcohol consumption ran on a quota, I could probably live to 100 and still be over the limit.

It doesn't mean I don't have my own particular vice. It's just not alcohol.

I gave my corkscrew to charity.

Not surpriseing .
For me , I never ask any questions , I just knew I had to keep drinking until it was gone. I tried to portion it, but a 12 pack and plan on just drinking three a day making it last a week , not even . what made me snap to that was I got into wine when I started working at the country club. Well for us poor winos those boxes are heavent sent. I bought a box and fully expected it to be a several day supply . but damn I kept waking up to an empty box every time . I was an empty nester and my dogs were not sneaking around sippng my box dry . Thats a whole lot of box filled to the top with wine for one person to be consumming each night . Even a drunken winena couldn't get away form those facts .

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 06:02:56
The test came when I had made plans for a few friends to come around on my days off and we were going to do a yard burn and and just kick it for a while , so I bought two boxes so I wouuldn't have to go back to town . When I woke up to two empty boxes it hit me like a 2x4 that my problem was I wouldn't consider stopping until it was all gone.
Magically Delicious

#8New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 11:28:58
@white_swan53 Said

Not surpriseing .
For me , I never ask any questions , I just knew I had to keep drinking until it was gone. I tried to portion it, but a 12 pack and plan on just drinking three a day making it last a week , not even . what made me snap to that was I got into wine when I started working at the country club. Well for us poor winos those boxes are heavent sent. I bought a box and fully expected it to be a several day supply . but damn I kept waking up to an empty box every time . I was an empty nester and my dogs were not sneaking around sippng my box dry . Thats a whole lot of box filled to the top with wine for one person to be consumming each night . Even a drunken winena couldn't get away form those facts .

@white_swan53 Said

The test came when I had made plans for a few friends to come around on my days off and we were going to do a yard burn and and just kick it for a while , so I bought two boxes so I wouuldn't have to go back to town . When I woke up to two empty boxes it hit me like a 2x4 that my problem was I wouldn't consider stopping until it was all gone.

I remember the night - I was careless, in a rut. Said, quite literally, "oh what's one more". The next morning as I was eating my hashbrown potatoes, an upper left molar shifted in the socket.

Scared the crap out of me. Mid 40s is not supposed to equal teeth loss in this country. I stepped away from the bottle. (I liked bourbon - not a wine drinker really.) I embraced dental hygiene and was thankful that I had a perio appointment in a couple weeks with a new dentist office.

I paid $1000 the day of my appointment for a four quadrant deep cleaning. Yeah that sucked. I still stayed not drinking. At my follow up appointment after the massive cleaning, they presented me with a diagnosis and a treatment plan that would have cost $10k. Yes $10k. I got a second opinion.

Another diagnosis and another treatment plan later, it was $4500. I was able to manage that. So we did that and I was good and stayed off the bottle. But then the months crept by and I was recovering and I thought I could drink again if it was only once or twice a week. Wrong. My forward progress was interrupted with even just a little alcohol. So I put the bottle down again.

About half a year went by and I had an itch something fierce for some liquor. Don't know why. So I went ahead and tried again - don't want to be a quitter now do we. But it was different. I didn't like it. I felt... weird and distinctly out of sync. I didn't even finish the bottle.

If I were a true hippie, I'd probably say my chakras were out of alignment. It took me about three days to feel right in my own skin again and I've never gone back. I have had the odd craving for a bit of liquor around the holidays - drinking and holidays go hand in hand. But I've avoided it just because it's only a temporary craving and I really did NOT like how I felt last time.

So, now I just don't drink. But I have my teeth and my reports from my perio hygienist remain positive. Knock wood.

But I'll lift my vice in cheers - even if it doesn't go clink in a glass.

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/i45/5/1/4/tfs_7f038a96635c.gif"> [smile]https://i.tfster.com/i45/5/1/4/tfs_7f038a96635c.gif"> [smile]https://i.tfster.com/i45/5/1/4/tfs_7f038a96635c.gif">
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 12:46:00
I don't mind the holidays.

I don't have problems that at night, a certain female moderator in the middle of the night, when I am offline. maybe during the day. it maybe not her is doing, maybe a certain member on the forum.

twilite is getting drunk and throwing up in our posts, twilite is a winehead. someone here is give twilite a bottle of jack Daniel to him every night.

how you share a post with drunk bumhead like twilite seriously, twilite is walking the walking into the walls of the post. twilte calling me, cutie.

twilite was a good kid, before he joined this forum. I hope you all proud of yourself. I try to find a " aa " group for twilite for the holidays. but, it is hard to get twilite out of a post, he is shy.

twilite is so drunk that he can't help find the door of the post. when I am offline, he having women in the post. he getting more than lucky than I am offline.

I am call the police on the person or person(s)who is give him that a bottle of jack Daniel to every night. Christmas's eve, my family is going visit twilite and I in a post that night.

I like twilite to be sober that night. nobody like being with a drunk poster in the post.

this is a warning to mods and members, who is think funny to get twilte drunk. twilite is an alcoholic not a good one. shame on you,
keep your booze to yourself, you boozer!!

happy holidays, forum. keep the booze in your post, please.

for the sake of twilite!

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 17:43:17
@LuckyCharms Said

I remember the night - I was careless, in a rut. Said, quite literally, "oh what's one more". The next morning as I was eating my hashbrown potatoes, an upper left molar shifted in the socket.

Scared the crap out of me. Mid 40s is not supposed to equal teeth loss in this country. I stepped away from the bottle. (I liked bourbon - not a wine drinker really.) I embraced dental hygiene and was thankful that I had a perio appointment in a couple weeks with a new dentist office.

I paid $1000 the day of my appointment for a four quadrant deep cleaning. Yeah that sucked. I still stayed not drinking. At my follow up appointment after the massive cleaning, they presented me with a diagnosis and a treatment plan that would have cost $10k. Yes $10k. I got a second opinion.

Another diagnosis and another treatment plan later, it was $4500. I was able to manage that. So we did that and I was good and stayed off the bottle. But then the months crept by and I was recovering and I thought I could drink again if it was only once or twice a week. Wrong. My forward progress was interrupted with even just a little alcohol. So I put the bottle down again.

About half a year went by and I had an itch something fierce for some liquor. Don't know why. So I went ahead and tried again - don't want to be a quitter now do we. But it was different. I didn't like it. I felt... weird and distinctly out of sync. I didn't even finish the bottle.

If I were a true hippie, I'd probably say my chakras were out of alignment. It took me about three days to feel right in my own skin again and I've never gone back. I have had the odd craving for a bit of liquor around the holidays - drinking and holidays go hand in hand. But I've avoided it just because it's only a temporary craving and I really did NOT like how I felt last time.

So, now I just don't drink. But I have my teeth and my reports from my perio hygienist remain positive. Knock wood.

But I'll lift my vice in cheers - even if it doesn't go clink in a glass.

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/i45/5/1/4/tfs_7f038a96635c.gif"> [smile]https://i.tfster.com/i45/5/1/4/tfs_7f038a96635c.gif"> [smile]https://i.tfster.com/i45/5/1/4/tfs_7f038a96635c.gif">

I had never even smelled wine before taking the job at the country club in my late thirties , I was a jose quiver no lime, or jack black no cola ,drinker , but since most of my family , hubby too, were beer drinkers it was on the menu too. I have known people who had loose teeth to early , but there were other 'factors' involved in the cause . but then I have seen several old toothless geezers who's main job was to keep that bar stool warm from the time the place opened till they could no longer balence the stool. You know that whyskey / bourbon was called " who hit John" by seriouse drinkers back in the day , I heard one time it was in reference to the damage a diet of mostly drinking with a bare miminum of solid food included does to the drinker .

I always knew who had hit me by the nasty vapors comeing from deep in my soul the next morning . His name was either Jose or Jack . Jack got me thrown in the drunk tank once .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs