Homosexuality

LGBT in The Middle East

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
pelaun2 On October 13, 2016

Banned

Honolulu, Hawaii
#1New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 19:35:49
Gay behavior has been traced back to at least the last century in The Middle East. Many articles, modern ones, have witnesssed accounts of homosexual activities going on in the Middle East. And many historical accounts can trace homosexual behavior back to its' early civilization's.

"Georg Klauda wrote that "Countless writers and artists such as André Gide, Oscar Wilde, Edward M. Forster, and Jean Genet made pilgrimages in the 19th and 20th centuries from homophobic Europe to Algeria, Morocco, Egypt, and various other Arab countries, where homosexual sex was not only met without any discrimination or subcultural ghettoization whatsoever, but rather, additionally as a result of rigid segregation of the sexes, seemed to be available on every corner."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_the_Middle_East lgbt in the middle east
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 20:26:31
@pelaun2 Said

Gay behavior has been traced back to at least the last century in The Middle East. Many articles, modern ones, have witnesssed accounts of homosexual activities going on in the Middle East. And many historical accounts can trace homosexual behavior back to its' early civilization's.

"Georg Klauda wrote that "Countless writers and artists such as André Gide, Oscar Wilde, Edward M. Forster, and Jean Genet made pilgrimages in the 19th and 20th centuries from homophobic Europe to Algeria, Morocco, Egypt, and various other Arab countries, where homosexual sex was not only met without any discrimination or subcultural ghettoization whatsoever, but rather, additionally as a result of rigid segregation of the sexes, seemed to be available on every corner."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_the_Middle_East lgbt in the middle east

Two questions:

1. What is your point?

2. Are you presenting the idea that homosexuality was 1st formed in the Middle East?

I read your post and the link, but I am not sure what you are getting at.

Banned

Honolulu, Hawaii
#3New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 20:31:44
@chaski Said

Two questions:

1. What is your point?

2. Are you presenting the idea that homosexuality was 1st formed in the Middle East?

I read your post and the link, but I am not sure what you are getting at.

My state of 'confusion' is this... How does The Middle East, which is Islam, and the adherents to Islam (Muslims) all say that they are very anti-homosexual, allow these practices in a Country where over 90% of the population are Muslims? Are they not practicing what they preach?

Banned

Honolulu, Hawaii
#4New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 20:32:56
@pelaun2 Said

My state of 'confusion' is this... How does The Middle East, which is Islam, and the adherents to Islam (Muslims) all say that they are very anti-homosexual, allow these practices in a Country where over 90% of the population are Muslims? Are they not practicing what they preach?

And so if that is the case, which 'Muslim' do we believe as far as all their other 'religiosities' are concerned?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 20:38:43
@pelaun2 Said

How does The Middle East, which is Islam, and the adherents to Islam (Muslims) all say that they are very anti-homosexual, allow these practices in a Country where over 90% of the population are Muslims? Are they not practicing what they preach?

Aside from the fact that the Middle East is made up of many countries....

> Most Islamic countries, have very severe laws against homosexuality. As countries "they" are anti-homosexuality and repress homosexuals...thus they are actually "practicing what they preach".
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs