Unarmed Law Enforcement in Countries Where the Citizen's are Armed

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#16New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 10:30:02
@shadowen Said

Caring about the community you serve and caring about your own safety and welfare (and that of your work colleagues) are not mutually exclusive.

Not that cops should forget about their own safety, they should be capable of multi tasking , think about the community and their own safety simultaneously.
There are a few cops in my family tree, starting with my paternal great granddad , an uncle and a cousin , all small town cops . So while I personally have never been a cop , I do know how the job description reads.

@shadowen Said

" look at what happens when police get a more complete training as in countries like Iceland"
Perhaps you might wish to compare (as a percentage) the number of police killed or injured on duty in Iceland with the USA.

Studies suggest that if you want to reduce the number of people being shot by police then gun control, and the origins of violent crime, need to be addressed. Simply improving aspects of police training and recruiting is unlikely to make a significant difference if you dont address why police are being placed in high risk situations so often.

could you cite that info ?

I'm sure that if the ' shoot first, and if done correctly no need to ask questions later' part of the training for cops was to be cut , then that would help cut down on the 'death by cop' numbers too.

n/a, New Mexico
#17New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 10:35:32
Speaking of 'arm chair quarter backing' are you a native of Australia?

n/a, New Mexico
#18New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 15:54:01
My thoughts when I started this thread was that there would some discussion on whether we could adopt or adapt some of the techniques that other counties have had success using.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#19New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 16:08:34
The cops do need better/different training. That decision though needs to be supported through the chain of command and will take time, and frankly I think it is going to get uglier before it gets better.

Just take ABQ, DOJ came down on them hard, and in the recent report released on excessive force, they are still not improving fast enough.

n/a, New Mexico
#20New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 18:37:30
@DiscordTiger Said

The cops do need better/different training. That decision though needs to be supported through the chain of command and will take time, and frankly I think it is going to get uglier before it gets better.

Just take ABQ, DOJ came down on them hard, and in the recent report released on excessive force, they are still not improving fast enough.

What moron decided 19 weeks was enough time ?
No wonder we have so many ' bad cops'.
They take a bunch of young people give them just under 5 months of self defense classes and give a gun a flack jacket , tell em shoot first ask questions later( but if its done correctly they'll be no need for questions) toss them out into one of the most stressful and dangerous jobs on the planet .

Of course if a citizen showed up at a city hall meeting tossing out ideas about better longer police trainings if they weren't ignored out of hand, they'd run into the tired brick wall of who's going to pay for,,,
How quickly those board members ,mayor and the like ,forget its tax payers paying for it already.
Cracks mé up to hear one of them ask a room full of tax paying citizens ' who's going o pay for something .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs