Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#31New Post! Sep 21, 2016 @ 15:40:01
I remember the frezoid over the Beatles - 50+ years ago
I could not comprehend all that swooning.

@Eaglebauer Said

The real best and brightest among us in this country are people we never hear about.

Celebrities I think have replaced the Greek tragedy. People look at them now to feel better about their own lives and think "at least I'm not that f***ed up."

Maybe there's some idolatry in there too, but I think for the most part the public fixates on them to draw attention away from their own lives. Which is sad.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#32New Post! Sep 21, 2016 @ 16:12:07
@Eaglebauer Said

Celebrities I think have replaced the Greek tragedy. People look at them now to feel better about their own lives and think "at least I'm not that f***ed up."

As well as Dr Phil guests and reality TV shows

-----

I repeat myself when under stress

.. or the forum does it for me....
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#33New Post! Sep 21, 2016 @ 16:25:27
I remember watching " the ed Sullivan show " , when I was a kid in 60's.

from 6:00 to 8:00 pm on sundays, nbc , there was " the wonderful world of Disney ",that was a great show to watch.

from 6:00 to 7:00pm, was " lassie " was great about a collie that turn a raving mad, lassie found out she relative to trump. she said Donald was an ugly kid, that poop in his pants like sitting in it. anyway, lassie killed timmy and june ( timmy's mother ).but the episode was finale episode of the show never aired.

the adventure of lassie that on sundays, lassie robbed banks hide as a family dog that f.b.i and c.i.a finally caught with lassie. she confessed with an shoot out that lassie killed the family, that she stayed with during this series.

lassie doctored her milk bones with poison that lassie forced the family with the shotgun lassie hide in her doghouse. lassie was in prison for 30 years. she had a dog's life then.

lassie died after she was released, lassie was remember as a good dog timmy's love.

7:00-9:00pm, on cbs, the ed Sullivan show. I had use to ed's face, he look liked a man need eat prunes more, you what I mean.

ed was funny to watch, a young Nixon." I am not a crook! " with his body posed. if you see ed , you love him. I barely do remember see " the beatles " on ed.

on abc, 6:00- 7:00, there was " voyage of the bottom of the sea ". the series about a submarine that was trapped in a boy's bathroom's tub.

you and I both disappointed when abc never pick my family's tub. I like watching the program anyway.

7:00-8:00pm on abc -" the f.b.i. " - I think the show as based on " the f.b.i story " starring jimmy stewart.

this show was really boring, you want in an hour, the criminals escaped from the fbi. the stories almost fell sleep through watching them, boring.
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#34New Post! Sep 22, 2016 @ 23:50:27
It just goes to show how boring the world is, and all the people in it.
christiescupcake On August 12, 2020

State College, Pennsylvania
#35New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 17:18:05
yeah really. who cares?!?
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#36New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 17:49:00
@puzZles Said

It just goes to show how boring the world is, and all the people in it.

The world is never boring. There's beauty and surprises everywhere you look. It's the people that are boring. Well not all of them but more than there should be.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs