Forums:
News & Current Events

Last Month Of Open, Uncensored Internet

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Sandrocksonic On November 05, 2020

Randallstown, Maryland
#1New Post! Sep 16, 2016 @ 11:16:15

President Obama wants this to be the last month of an open, uncensored internet guaranteed by the U.S. government.

His plan to end American stewardship would hand new power to authoritarian governments offended by the internet as we know it.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Sep 16, 2016 @ 11:52:31
Coming from you, and Alex, and BeforeItsNews and the like, I figured there would be some kind of over exaggerated nonsense in this.

It's not so much as Obama handing the Internet over to China, Russia or Iran, he is just wanting to end the US monopoly on the stewardship.

I have an idea of one reason there is GOP opposition to the plan (besides simply coming from Obama):
"Icann’s monopoly over the root zone of domain names earns it hundreds of millions of dollars in annual revenues."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/congress-can-save-the-internet-1473630838

And yes, I suppose without proper international oversight, the dark forces will invade and take over the internet and shutdown the likes of Alex, BeforeItsNews, and Sonic.

... I haven't looked into it enough to have a strong opinion one way or another yet.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Sep 16, 2016 @ 12:02:23
Does this mean infowars will finally f***ing die already? What will you post about then?
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#4New Post! Sep 16, 2016 @ 13:11:49
@Eaglebauer Said

Does this mean infowars will finally f***ing die already? What will you post about then?

Dwarf Pygmys of Antarctica?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Sep 16, 2016 @ 13:36:42
@Deal_With_It Said

Dwarf Pygmys of Antarctica?

in December, they are going to Christmas show for orphan polar bears, who are try to sell over thousand coke bottles that coca company left in Antarctica years ago. when they did those commercials " coke add life ".

polar bears have no home, the coca company left hundred of coke bottles boxes in their caves. they have no crowbars to open them with. polar bears try to send them back to coke, but no fedx or ups will pick up the boxes, because polar bears has no money.

please come to Antarctica. see this wonderful Christmas show to raise money to help polar bears to send these boxes back to coke. they need their homes back!

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Sep 16, 2016 @ 15:00:13
Save the Polar Bears! They need their coke to wash down all those penguins they'd have to munch on (if they were in Antarctica)

Stevens Pass, Washington
#7New Post! Sep 16, 2016 @ 16:35:17
@mrmhead Said

Save the Polar Bears! They need their coke to wash down all those penguins they'd have to munch on (if they were in Antarctica)

So would it be easier ship penguins north or polar bears south? Maybe we could send them letters telling them they've won a free trip. All they have to do is be at the airport at noon and everything would be taken care of. PLUS a $100. every day for spending money. Sounds good right?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Sep 16, 2016 @ 16:50:48
@Deal_With_It Said

So would it be easier ship penguins north or polar bears south? Maybe we could send them letters telling them they've won a free trip. All they have to do is be at the airport at noon and everything would be taken care of. PLUS a $100. every day for spending money. Sounds good right?

I think a good plan, because I heard actually trump's plane was going to take the penguins to one of his president debates. then he was pick up the polar bears to one of the two debates. that trump try not be prejudge against the penguins, because they are white and black.

because why you never see penguins on the same stage with trump, because trump had death threat from black penguins.

polar bears are white, trump has polar bears on stage all times. because they are honky, and polar bears are members of the " kkk".
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Sep 17, 2016 @ 19:14:40
This has been happening here in Zealand for quite some time but they're doing it in a fashion that is like stealing slices of a salami (if you're familiar with the expression).

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Sep 17, 2016 @ 19:38:07
@Electric_Banana Said

This has been happening here in Zealand for quite some time but they're doing it in a fashion that is like stealing slices of a salami (if you're familiar with the expression).

Shipping penguins to polar bears?
chaski On about 3 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#11New Post! Sep 18, 2016 @ 02:07:11
It's about to start. 🙀

Better invest in Chaski!

Stevens Pass, Washington
#12New Post! Sep 18, 2016 @ 05:46:09
Maybe they should check with Gore. As creator of the Internet he would be the one that makes the decision about censorship.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#13New Post! Sep 19, 2016 @ 08:42:34
@mrmhead Said

Shipping penguins to polar bears?

Sorry I don't get the joke
If referring to me; my arrival here was more like shipping Aquarius to a remote island of technophobes.

but what I mean is that the gov isn't going to come forward and start a fight by announcing they're taking it away because you all can't handle the Rodeo Burger.

Instead they're going to encourage people into a few key sites and slowly lose independent sites to 'glitches'
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs