Racism

Painful Artifacts At The American Indian Museum

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#76New Post! Sep 25, 2016 @ 21:34:26

Okay they are tried of the violence . So they injure private citizens and damage and loot business's white participating in violent rioting to protest the violence.
What's wrong with this picture ?

What happens if they get the urge to violently protest the actions of the government and oil company while standing in solidarity with the water protectors at Standing Rock ,and gets people injured or worse ?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#77New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 01:12:39
@white_swan53 Said

Okay they are tried of the violence . So they injure private citizens and damage and loot business's white participating in violent rioting to protest the violence.
What's wrong with this picture ?

What happens if they get the urge to violently protest the actions of the government and oil company while standing in solidarity with the water protectors at Standing Rock ,and gets people injured or worse ?

Those are individuals doing that. The movement itself is being tainted by the ones doing wrong as well as false media reporting. They SHOULD be more aggressive in defense of the more peaceful aspects of the movement.

n/a, New Mexico
#78New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 01:41:58

n/a, New Mexico
#79New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 01:49:05
What happened to my reply ?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#80New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 01:50:20
@white_swan53 Said

What happened to my reply ?

It's been whitewashed!!!!!!

n/a, New Mexico
#81New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 02:24:41
@shinobinoz Said

Those are individuals doing that. The movement itself is being tainted by the ones doing wrong as well as false media reporting. They SHOULD be more aggressive in defense of the more peaceful aspects of the movement.

I'll try this again .
Those are individual charters that are showing up and causing damage not only to property but to the organization name and rep.
I agree that there need to be a public outcry from within the organization ,against those doing violence under the BLM banner . Because their silence is being heard loud and clear .
But when tweets like this can be found on the home page of the organizations website
'How dare a Black woman speak up about her experience of harassment against a Black man? That's not solidarity.…'
It doesn't look like anyone is inclined to speak out.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#82New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 03:59:19
@white_swan53 Said

I'll try this again .
Those are individual charters that are showing up and causing damage not only to property but to the organization name and rep.
I agree that there need to be a public outcry from within the organization ,against those doing violence under the BLM banner . Because their silence is being heard loud and clear .
But when tweets like this can be found on the home page of the organizations website
'How dare a Black woman speak up about her experience of harassment against a Black man? That's not solidarity.…'
It doesn't look like anyone is inclined to speak out.

Tweets are again of individual doings. And solidarity is never 100%

n/a, New Mexico
#83New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 05:21:15
@shinobinoz Said

Tweets are again of individual doings. And solidarity is never 100%

Yes you're right , my point is if the organization didn't agree or support that kind of mind set ,ten people wouldn't find tweets like that on their home page. The BLM organization isn't forced to allow an individual's opinions or actions under their banner that they don't support or doesn't fit with what they want the organization to stand for.
It's like I said , BML silence is coming that loud and clear .

n/a, New Mexico
#84New Post! Sep 26, 2016 @ 10:02:00

take one right before clicking on a thread you won't appreciate.

@Ratty Said

A jackass is a jackass whether or not we label said animal..... a f***ing d***head is a f***ing d***head ........... whether we label it as such....doesn't matter does it...........
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#85New Post! Sep 27, 2016 @ 04:25:42
@white_swan53 Said

Yes you're right , my point is if the organization didn't agree or support that kind of mind set ,ten people wouldn't find tweets like that on their home page. The BLM organization isn't forced to allow an individual's opinions or actions under their banner that they don't support or doesn't fit with what they want the organization to stand for.
It's like I said , BML silence is coming that loud and clear .

Perhaps, but I've read quite a few opinions on numerous media sights & we see the same sort of crap but coming from the others side mainly. It is important for each site to police their opinion page & many take the "1st" too far in regards to what they say. So yes I agree BLM should filter those comments better- if they do, or start if they do not presently. Same of many many other sites.

n/a, New Mexico
#86New Post! Sep 27, 2016 @ 09:13:12
@shinobinoz Said

Perhaps, but I've read quite a few opinions on numerous media sights & we see the same sort of crap but coming from the others side mainly. It is important for each site to police their opinion page & many take the "1st" too far in regards to what they say. So yes I agree BLM should filter those comments better- if they do, or start if they do not presently. Same of many many other sites.

I have been searching 'high and low' looking for anything from the founders speaking out about the rioting and violence .It just seems strange, their silence .

I found a comment and answer deal . A woman ask about what was the organization doing to teach young people about how o conduct themselves when dealing with law enforcement she went on to say that when she see's young black people being in your face rude to cops , not at the protest rally's but whenever day to day stuff. One of the three founders replied asking what should they be teaching the young people ? And went on to naming names and events of police brutality and ending with saying she wasn't going o tell young people anything ,
Okay I get tat I have never experienced what minorities do while dealing with 'bad' cops. Your a youth mentor of young minorities .
Do you advise them on the topic ? If so what's the advise ?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#87New Post! Sep 28, 2016 @ 04:16:59
@white_swan53 Said

I have been searching 'high and low' looking for anything from the founders speaking out about the rioting and violence .It just seems strange, their silence .

I found a comment and answer deal . A woman ask about what was the organization doing to teach young people about how o conduct themselves when dealing with law enforcement she went on to say that when she see's young black people being in your face rude to cops , not at the protest rally's but whenever day to day stuff. One of the three founders replied asking what should they be teaching the young people ? And went on to naming names and events of police brutality and ending with saying she wasn't going o tell young people anything ,
Okay I get tat I have never experienced what minorities do while dealing with 'bad' cops. Your a youth mentor of young minorities .
Do you advise them on the topic ? If so what's the advise ?

Our problem tends to go to the other wrong extreme. Kids off the rez often will not look authority in the face as that's the way they have been raised. That does not work out well for them in the dominate cultural world. I teach THOSE kids to think of the cop/judge/civil servant as someone who could take away their liberty & thus might be more of a potential adversary or perhaps even the enemy than authority figure looking out for their best interests. That their looking away or not into their eyes will most likely be seen as dis-honesty or guilt. I tell them "when in Rome, do as the Romans!"

Another thing that many of our Nations have is that to heal one must be honest & admit their part in whatever trouble was caused or is brewing. Thus when a First nation child tells the judge "I did it." "I'm sorry" "I'm here to pay the consequences" they often get the maximum or at least a longer sentence or a larger fine. I teach them to ask for diversion, training, leniency etc.

As far as cops go. Don't run. Do what's asked. Don't give them any reason to be suspicious.
I've picked kids up from juvy who were in there because a "white gang" was trying to run them down in a parking lot in a car. This was decades ago when a group of kids got into gangs. The cops let the white kids go after calling their parents (at least I was told that by them) & they laughed at me when I asked why they were not similarly arrested since they were gang members. The cop told me something along the line that they were just white boys who were not in any gang.

n/a, New Mexico
#88New Post! Sep 28, 2016 @ 22:23:32
@shinobinoz Said

Our problem tends to go to the other wrong extreme. Kids off the rez often will not look authority in the face as that's the way they have been raised. That does not work out well for them in the dominate cultural world. I teach THOSE kids to think of the cop/judge/civil servant as someone who could take away their liberty & thus might be more of a potential adversary or perhaps even the enemy than authority figure looking out for their best interests. That their looking away or not into their eyes will most likely be seen as dis-honesty or guilt. I tell them "when in Rome, do as the Romans!"

Another thing that many of our Nations have is that to heal one must be honest & admit their part in whatever trouble was caused or is brewing. Thus when a First nation child tells the judge "I did it." "I'm sorry" "I'm here to pay the consequences" they often get the maximum or at least a longer sentence or a larger fine. I teach them to ask for diversion, training, leniency etc.

As far as cops go. Don't run. Do what's asked. Don't give them any reason to be suspicious.
I've picked kids up from juvy who were in there because a "white gang" was trying to run them down in a parking lot in a car. This was decades ago when a group of kids got into gangs. The cops let the white kids go after calling their parents (at least I was told that by them) & they laughed at me when I asked why they were not similarly arrested since they were gang members. The cop told me something along the line that they were just white boys who were not in any gang.

What were the charges against the boy that was running from the "white boys who were not in any gang" :roll I wonder how people ,like that cop , don't see how stupid it makes them out to be to say things like that.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#89New Post! Sep 29, 2016 @ 02:43:49
@white_swan53 Said

What were the charges against the boy that was running from the "white boys who were not in any gang" :roll I wonder how people ,like that cop , don't see how stupid it makes them out to be to say things like that.

Mainly delinquency (after hours headed from one house to another- poor kids don't often have rides) The white gang try to run them down in a parking lot of a shopping center & the boys picked up anything close by to throw at them & in case they got brave enough to get out of the car. The cop first was going to try to press charges against them for trying to damage the car that was trying to run them down.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs