Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#91New Post! Aug 15, 2016 @ 19:40:17
Right - choices people make, things they say and do ------ all of it
is situational, it changes even from moment to moment. It's life.

Telling persons A&B with love and encouragement to make something better of themselves, regardless of whatever negative is going on around them. Their choices, controlling what they can control.

Then 'judging' others--the rest of society (directly and indirectly) with some very strong 'deliberately-chosen' inciteful trigger words. Choosing patterns of behavior/script that has worked so well, 'so far', it becomes second nature. All of it has to be done sincerely, or at least with believable 'act-as-if' sincerity.

Doing what is needed to be done to accomplish the leader/mentor's current objective. Right hand, left hand, even right foot, left foot and all the fingers doing/saying what needs to be done/said --- in different ways -- to accomplish the goal.

It's not wrong to choose doing or saying things this way things trying to be a positive role model. But everyone has their passions, and often they are/may be conflictive with ours. Doesn't make any one else's passion 'less', though, just because it's not ours (or yours).

@shinobinoz Said

I tell them A & B & raise support to fight C.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#92New Post! Aug 15, 2016 @ 22:29:11
@shinobinoz Said

What things do you think would make changes?

Education
The more educated a person is or group of people are ,when it comes time to take a stand ,they will have a leg to stand on .
If the community leaders and parents of todays the youth spent as much time teaching the young people that with an education/ collage ,they have a real chance at changing their world ,which means a better for their kids and stress that "some high school' or worse 'no high school " is a 100 % ,guaranteed ,sure fire ,promise that their
World will be much like it was when their great grand parents were being disenfranchised at voting boxes or experiencing racism in job market or being cheated with lawyers double speak and the governments greed. Education is the only way the world/lives of those communities will ever have any chance for a better quality of life.
Two things that I have personally witnessed parents do that contribute more to continue the racism and poverty in poor communities is teach their kids , that without money and lots of it , from the government, nothing can be done for the betterment of themselves . And that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and that there is always someone who thinks they don't deserve any grass never will.
In some homes these 'lessons' are fed as a daily staple . It's taught as gospel in minority and non minority families . Or the flip side of the same topic . Also taught as gospel in minority and non minority homes.
The part that always sticks in my craw is " there is always >>> insert favorite family heirloom description <<<< who thinks they are better ,,,," so those kids automatically lump anyone fitting the 'description' in their idea of who to hate, because they know how they think .
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#93New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 02:52:05
Like the way you emphasized 'always'.

You deserve better!
versus, what makes you think you deserve better?
or who died and made you (them) God?
Or what makes 'them' think their 'sh*t' don't stink?

Hmmmm, a) grass is always greener, according to Ed (fictional)
b) grass will never be any greener (for me) according to Nelly (fictional) and I'm okay with that --- or I'm not okay with it and I think I will go out and shoot someone or start a movement to agitate things, stir up the world, sheep that they are.

When I moved away from the midwest into the city on the east coast, I was amazed to hear people talking so derogatory about rednecks. BTW, there really 'is' much more to being a redneck than the stupid portrayal by comedians. Often when I ask people --- 'what are others doing or saying that causes you to think of them, or call them, rednecks'. Sometimes, the only answer I got back then was they wore white socks. Nooooooo one wears white socks - at least, not then!

Decades later/a few months ago I overheard comments being made about rednecks. I asked my question- how do you know (what are they doing or saying) that causes you to think of them as rednecks?

Answer: they drive pick-up trucks, they like to go fishing, and they're white!

@white_swan53 Said

Education And that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and that there is always someone who thinks they don't deserve any grass never will.
In some homes these 'lessons' are fed as a daily staple . It's taught as gospel in minority and non minority families . Or the flip side of the same topic . Also taught as gospel in minority and non minority homes.
The part that always sticks in my craw is " there is always >>> insert favorite family heirloom description <<<< who thinks they are better ,,,," so those kids automatically lump anyone fitting the 'description' in their idea of who to hate, because they know how they think .
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#94New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 03:32:51
What things do "I" think should change/would help things change -- for the better? in general?

a) People 'should' stop micro-managing systems and what people say and do. If you're looking for human mistakes and oversights, then that's what you're going to find.
b) Vote for Donald Trump - things would change, for sure.
c) People should stop trusting in others/the system so much. Whatever they are promising, remember, their 'sh*t' stinks too.
d) Vote for Donald Trump - things would change, for sure.
e) Things would change for the better if more people would live in the present, in the now; rather then living in the past, constantly bringing up the past (which is over, been there, done that) -- they could stop beating their head against the wall, stop crying over spilt milk, and stop being pot-stirrers/agitators. Dr Phil-ism, how well does doing any of that seem to be working?
f) Ya want things to change? Vote for Donald Trump!
g) More people should actively work at being a part of the solution, not part of the problem.
h) Not sure if this is a solution, but's it's some kind of answer --- vote for Donald Trump. That'll show 'em.
i) At any time, when the status quo at the time is challenged, and thus changed, it's not all good across the board. Some one pays for it in a negative fashion, somewhere. disrupting the present status quo costs. Not all about dollars, but about services/standards/dignity/reputation. Bottom line, when the X's get more, the Y's and all the little a,b,c,d and e's get less .... less material things, less attention, less support. People and systems can only be spread so thin before they collapse, or at least become worthless.
j) Vote for Trump. Lesser of two evils. He comes across as if he knows his sh*t stinks, he knows it does, and he ain't afraid to say it or act differently. And he's bold/bad/brass enough to let others know how bad their stuff smells, while he's at it.

@shinobinoz Said

Yes 1 person often can. The overall is near impossible in many places due to many circumstances beyond the individual & even collective. For example: Pine Ridge
Been there numerous times. Have friends there. Please read the link from Wiki (which only captures a tiny bit of the issues of racism & disenfranchisement of a people still being punished by the usa government for refusing to sell their homelands) What things do you think would make changes?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#95New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:12:42
@white_swan53 Said

Education
The more educated a person is or group of people are ,when it comes time to take a stand ,they will have a leg to stand on .
If the community leaders and parents of todays the youth spent as much time teaching the young people that with an education/ collage ,they have a real chance at changing their world ,which means a better for their kids and stress that "some high school' or worse 'no high school " is a 100 % ,guaranteed ,sure fire ,promise that their
World will be much like it was when their great grand parents were being disenfranchised at voting boxes or experiencing racism in job market or being cheated with lawyers double speak and the governments greed. Education is the only way the world/lives of those communities will ever have any chance for a better quality of life.
Two things that I have personally witnessed parents do that contribute more to continue the racism and poverty in poor communities is teach their kids , that without money and lots of it , from the government, nothing can be done for the betterment of themselves . And that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and that there is always someone who thinks they don't deserve any grass never will.

Always education.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#96New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:13:46
@DuLu Said

Like the way you emphasized 'always'.

You deserve better!
versus, what makes you think you deserve better?
or who died and made you (them) God?
Or what makes 'them' think their 'sh*t' don't stink?

Hmmmm, a) grass is always greener, according to Ed (fictional)
b) grass will never be any greener (for me) according to Nelly (fictional) and I'm okay with that --- or I'm not okay with it and I think I will go out and shoot someone or start a movement to agitate things, stir up the world, sheep that they are.

When I moved away from the midwest into the city on the east coast, I was amazed to hear people talking so derogatory about rednecks. BTW, there really 'is' much more to being a redneck than the stupid portrayal by comedians. Often when I ask people --- 'what are others doing or saying that causes you to think of them, or call them, rednecks'. Sometimes, the only answer I got back then was they wore white socks. Nooooooo one wears white socks - at least, not then!

Decades later/a few months ago I overheard comments being made about rednecks. I asked my question- how do you know (what are they doing or saying) that causes you to think of them as rednecks?

Answer: they drive pick-up trucks, they like to go fishing, and they're white!

Rednecks wear socks?????
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#97New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:15:14
@DuLu Said

What things do "I" think should change/would help things change -- for the better? in general?

a) People 'should' stop micro-managing systems and what people say and do. If you're looking for human mistakes and oversights, then that's what you're going to find.
b) Vote for Donald Trump - things would change, for sure.
c) People should stop trusting in others/the system so much. Whatever they are promising, remember, their 'sh*t' stinks too.
d) Vote for Donald Trump - things would change, for sure.
e) Things would change for the better if more people would live in the present, in the now; rather then living in the past, constantly bringing up the past (which is over, been there, done that) -- they could stop beating their head against the wall, stop crying over spilt milk, and stop being pot-stirrers/agitators. Dr Phil-ism, how well does doing any of that seem to be working?
f) Ya want things to change? Vote for Donald Trump!
g) More people should actively work at being a part of the solution, not part of the problem.
h) Not sure if this is a solution, but's it's some kind of answer --- vote for Donald Trump. That'll show 'em.
i) At any time, when the status quo at the time is challenged, and thus changed, it's not all good across the board. Some one pays for it in a negative fashion, somewhere. disrupting the present status quo costs. Not all about dollars, but about services/standards/dignity/reputation. Bottom line, when the X's get more, the Y's and all the little a,b,c,d and e's get less .... less material things, less attention, less support. People and systems can only be spread so thin before they collapse, or at least become worthless.
j) Vote for Trump. Lesser of two evils. He comes across as if he knows his sh*t stinks, he knows it does, and he ain't afraid to say it or act differently. And he's bold/bad/brass enough to let others know how bad their stuff smells, while he's at it.

My idea & yours of the changes Trump would make are completely different. I think he will be very bad for the usa.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#98New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:21:47
good response.
Back in the day they did.

Who knows what any of the younger generation
wear or don't wear.

I know this is still popular:

@shinobinoz Said

Rednecks wear socks?????
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#99New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:23:49
@DuLu Said

good response.
Back in the day they did.

Who knows what any of the younger generation
wear or don't wear.

I know this is still popular:

My pictures & videos stopped showing here at TFS a few days ago. I only see a black bar. Anyone know what's up with that?
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#100New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:26:50
I was being totally facetious!
I threw in the every other lines about Trump as a possibile terrible reason why anyone would vote for Trump, or support him.

Because - in their minds - how's everything else, how is every other politicians plans/ideas/actions working? If the system is so broken (in many minds that is the case) - then why da heck 'not' vote him in. None of the other ones have been anything to cheer over either.

@shinobinoz Said

My idea & yours of the changes Trump would make are completely different. I think he will be very bad for the usa.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#101New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:29:49
Think one or two members have mentioned something like that.

Often times, I don't see stuff posted others - I blame it on my wack computer though it possibly could be the site, or the IP, etc. Have not had problems with not seeing videos and pictures lately.

And do 'see' the pics/videos/yt's I post when I go back into the thread hours or days later.

@shinobinoz Said

My pictures & videos stopped showing here at TFS a few days ago. I only see a black bar. Anyone know what's up with that?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#102New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:58:13
@DuLu Said

I was being totally facetious!
I threw in the every other lines about Trump as a possibile terrible reason why anyone would vote for Trump, or support him.

Because - in their minds - how's everything else, how is every other politicians plans/ideas/actions working? If the system is so broken (in many minds that is the case) - then why da heck 'not' vote him in. None of the other ones have been anything to cheer over either.

Ya got me. Too busy being off & on so jumped the gun yet again.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#103New Post! Aug 17, 2016 @ 02:10:54
@shinobinoz Said

You probably need to update your adobe flash plugins. It's a browser problem not a tfs problem. My work computer is doing it, my home ones (which I have control over updates) is not.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#104New Post! Aug 17, 2016 @ 02:16:19
@DiscordTiger Said

You probably need to update your adobe flash plugins. It's a browser problem not a tfs problem. My work computer is doing it, my home ones (which I have control over updates) is not.

i thought it was my computer doing that, i thought it was window 10 that i have doing it somehow.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#105New Post! Aug 17, 2016 @ 02:22:09
@DiscordTiger Said

Thanks much!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs