I think they are a kind of Monk
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#18New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 03:57:34
@DuLu Said

Someone please tell those not in the know who or what a Cenobite is --
other then obviously being a creature/thing/body/person with no ears
who therefore is deaf.

OH, I did not know that. I thought it was some kind of religious group.

#19New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 04:42:17

a soldier is 'created' by flesh crafting.

This soldier is a member of a religious order.

D. Religions (by my definition) believe in the supernatural (i.e., that which cannot be explained by science because it is inconsistent with the laws of nature).

Cenobites per wiki

~ extra-dimensional beings (supernatural)

~ All Cenobites were once humans

~ Cenobites have been mutilated and brainwashed into torturing humans for eternity.

~ apparently, Cenobites were characters in nine movies called 'Hellraiser'; none of which I am in any rush to see.

~ it is not clear what the Cenobite philosophy is or what their abilities are.

Clive Barker, seems to be a deeply disturbed person.

There is obviously a market for horror films. I wonder why.

Q. what would the soldier be like?

A. I would say that he (the soldier is a he right?) ...I would say that the soldier would not be very nice. (I suppose the soldier could be a she)

...maybe, in addition to not having any ears the soldier does not have any genitalia and is neither a he or a she but in this story the soldier is a he and crafted with a really big he part)
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#20New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 05:53:03
@chaski Said
He would react by falling and dying...never actually knowing what happened...dead before he could even register surprise.

Coincidentally, that's what happen when I go barefoot in sandals and then take them off in a crowded room.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#21New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 07:41:41
@psycoskunk Said

Coincidentally, that's what happen when I go barefoot in sandals and then take them off in a crowded room.

That was you?????
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#22New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 11:37:55
@twilitezone911 Said

like the Cenobites, who has no ears, in other words, deaf.

You assume they are deaf because you don't see ears.

However:

I see ears on at least two of them.

And they do speak - though speaking is not a prerequisite for hearing ...
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 11:42:59
@Erimitus Said

I think they are a kind of Monk

I couldn't copy the text. I don't know if that link will work (it didn't, I removed it) , but google "Are cenobites deaf" and look for the link about "Silence and Sign Language"

.. interesting hit.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#24New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 11:53:04
@mrmhead Said

You assume they are deaf because you don't see ears.

However:

I see ears on at least two of them.

And they do speak - though speaking is not a prerequisite for hearing ...

why this this idea of this thread is kind of lame. why does really matter, if they need to see or not to fight or not attack.

the op need really why or what the cenobite's purpose or agenda is they tell us, duh!

how are communicate to us, why they attacks us.

the op left with holes, they need explain or a better storyline in it.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#25New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 16:58:28
@shinobinoz Said

That was you?????

Who else would it be? Who do you know that could possibly have smellier feet than mine?
Conflict On April 22, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#26New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 21:01:21
I would imagine the deaf soldier would use more strafing movements to avoid changing his spectrum of vision and use cover to look around more freely. He'd try to use distance to attack his enemies, so as to not get into close quarter situations in which things like buildings would obscure his vision.

These are just a few examples of how he would behave. What do the rest of you think?

#27New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 22:15:00
@Conflict Said

I would imagine the deaf soldier would use more strafing movements to avoid changing his spectrum of vision and use cover to look around more freely. He'd try to use distance to attack his enemies, so as to not get into close quarter situations in which things like buildings would obscure his vision.

These are just a few examples of how he would behave. What do the rest of you think?

If he was intentionally made deaf what would the reason be?
Conflict On April 22, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#28New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 22:32:32
@Erimitus Said

If he was intentionally made deaf what would the reason be?

To enhance his vision to the point where he can pick out the smaller details some of us miss because background noise diverts our attention.

#29New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 23:30:58
In an environment where there has been a constant thunder storm for as long as anyone can remember. The thunder would make it impossible for anyone with hearing to hear anything else and also be a distraction. A soldier without hearing would not be distracted by the noise. In this realm it is pitch black except for the flashes of lightning and a soldier with enhanced vision would be able to see things in the instant of lightning that a normal versioned person could not see.

Soldier belongs to a religious order. What kind of God or Gods does this order worship? Maybe a storm God.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#30New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 00:46:21
@Conflict Said

I was think cenobites depend on vibration for senses, any weapons that make out plastic like explosions. they wouldn't be to sense. especially, these explosive were trigger by something like technology. they could sense the devices, especially remote control device, they hear it.

they have some sort of background radiation spectrum of vision, they can see things in this spectrum. they literally have a third eye of vision.

the question is how powerful is the spectrum, can literally see through sold materials like a x-ray machine or a body scanner in the airport?

they would unstoppable to destroy, like they would the bog.

before I was thinking before I start this post.

if they were walking average field in the middle wood or front of a country road.

if you put 20 or 40 plastic landmines deep inside the ground of the field.

they have walking to the field in any direction. it would be in the field or least somewhat in the field for landmines to work.

the problem is you can't throw anything in the field, they can see it.

any remote control device, can probably can sense it is on.

no devices on the surface of ground, maybe something like cardboard or something look naturally that you would see on a field.

when they step on to whatever you come with it. underneath like 6 feet under, you rig up to cover the wires to all the landmines. that they explodes at one time. their senses wouldn't see the wires.

you want them to walking in the middle of the field. they can't escape from the explosion.

so they walk on the whatever you decide to rig up. now the explosion will literally cave in the whole field and bury them alive.

if that doesn't work, and they live. you are in deep crap.

but still cool see in a movie.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs