Law

Law Lets I.R.S. Seize Accounts on Suspicion, No Crime Required

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 06:35:46
Quote:
ARNOLDS PARK, Iowa — For almost 40 years, Carole Hinders has dished out Mexican specialties at her modest cash-only restaurant. For just as long, she deposited the earnings at a small bank branch a block away — until last year, when two tax agents knocked on her door and informed her that they had seized her checking account, almost $33,000.

The practice has swept up dairy farmers in Maryland, an Army sergeant in Virginia saving for his children’s college education and Ms. Hinders, 67, who has borrowed money, strained her credit cards and taken out a second mortgage to keep her restaurant going.

The government seized $447,000 from the business, a cash-intensive candy and cigarette distributor that has been run by one family for 27 years.

Law enforcement agencies get to keep a share of whatever is forfeited

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/us/law-lets-irs-seize-accounts-on-suspicion-no-crime-required.html

I found this article while looking for the real IRS web site to report a scam .

That's pretty messed up that your bank tellers will tell you to do this knowing it will red lag you.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#2New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 06:50:50
Cheezes Cryst! My money is going into my mattress from now on.

I use to play cards with a guy who was an IRS agent. According to him they target small business because the big ones can afford lawyers to defend them. I do not know if that is true it is just what I was told by and agent.

Question: if you get away with NOT paying your tax and there was no way you could be caught; would you still pay?
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 11:22:31
@Erimitus Said

Cheezes Cryst! My money is going into my mattress from now on.

I use to play cards with a guy who was an IRS agent. According to him they target small business because the big ones can afford lawyers to defend them. I do not know if that is true it is just what I was told by and agent.

Question: if you get away with NOT paying your tax and there was no way you could be caught; would you still pay?

not paying your taxes is like not voting . You don't vote you can't b**** about politicians and politics, you don't pay your taxes you can't b**** about the condition of the highways or schools or anything ,,,
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 12:19:40
don't pay your taxes, if irs could probably take away your hose and freeze your bank account, and put you in jail for fraud or whatever.

there is enough famous celebrities went bankruptcy try to cheap the irs not paying their back taxes.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#5New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 17:08:10
@white_swan53 Said

not paying your taxes is like not voting . You don't vote you can't b**** about politicians and politics, you don't pay your taxes you can't b**** about the condition of the highways or schools or anything ,,,

I would be willing to give up b****ing....
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 17:31:51
@white_swan53 Said

Pay taxes and have a right to b**** or.....

Don't pay taxes and keep it shut, lets be honest that's not even a difficult decision!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs