I Believe These Phone Calls Are A Scam

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#16New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 03:21:36
@white_swan53 Said

I've made plans with a friend of mine to take my lap top to town and use their wi fi account to upgrade to win 10 some time soon. I tried to do it on this dial up and it said " estimated time remaining , more then 3 days" .

Try to do it on a wired in connection. Wifi will take a good while longer. It took my computer about 6 hours over the wifi. My boyfriend had his done in about a half hour - granted he has a solid state drive in his laptop. The desktop computers at work took about two to three hours each on a wired in connection.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#17New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 04:04:37
@LuckyCharms Said

Try to do it on a wired in connection. Wifi will take a good while longer. It took my computer about 6 hours over the wifi. My boyfriend had his done in about a half hour - granted he has a solid state drive in his laptop. The desktop computers at work took about two to three hours each on a wired in connection.

By ' wired in' I'm guessing you mean DSL or cable ?
My only choices are my dial up or my friends wi fi .
Magically Delicious

#18New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 10:44:23
@white_swan53 Said

By ' wired in' I'm guessing you mean DSL or cable ?
My only choices are my dial up or my friends wi fi .

Yeah an ethernet cable to your computer is really the best option for a big download. Just make sure you give your computer enough time if you have to do the wifi.

n/a, New Mexico
#19New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 11:32:33
@LuckyCharms Said

Yeah an ethernet cable to your computer is really the best option for a big download. Just make sure you give your computer enough time if you have to do the wifi.

I want to thank you for this info, I was thinking it wouldn't take but a few minutes on anything that wasn't dial up . now we can plan the day accordingly . Thanks again .
secretagentmango On September 18, 2017

Deleted

Monterey Park,
#20New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 11:36:39
@white_swan53 Said

I have got 3 over the past two days . It is a recording saying it's an official call from the IRS and that they are bringing a law suit against "you" .
Every place in the recording where the name of the person they are contacting should be heard it says "you" and there is a pause before each "you" .
" This is an official call from the IRS, we are bringing a law suit against-- " you"."
Then there is a long distance phone number repeated twice , ordering "you" to call their offices.
I figure that some people will freak out when they hear 'IRS and law suit' and call the number spewing their SS number , DOB , full name ect...

My mom and I've been getting those, too. Quite annoying.

I believe the IRS wouldn't give phone calls for anything. A letter is understandable, but not phonecalls.

n/a, New Mexico
#21New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 11:46:55
@secretagentmango Said

My mom and I've been getting those, too. Quite annoying.

I believe the IRS wouldn't give phone calls for anything. A letter is understandable, but not phonecalls.

especially with no name being used as far as who it is that is getting the law suit brought on them . That was the red flag for me .
Magically Delicious

#22New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 12:28:41
@white_swan53 Said

I want to thank you for this info, I was thinking it wouldn't take but a few minutes on anything that wasn't dial up . now we can plan the day accordingly . Thanks again .

You're welcome.

Also, if you haven't been keeping up on your updates - because of the dial up - just go straight to the update to Windows 10 without bothering to do the others. You will need to be on hand here and there to push a button and do a restart sequence. After you get the big circle with the percentage, you won't be required to monitor it actively.

n/a, New Mexico
#23New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 13:04:02
@LuckyCharms Said

You're welcome.

Also, if you haven't been keeping up on your updates - because of the dial up - just go straight to the update to Windows 10 without bothering to do the others. You will need to be on hand here and there to push a button and do a restart sequence. After you get the big circle with the percentage, you won't be required to monitor it actively.

I got into the habit of keeping the updates automatic several years ago , it just makes things easier when something like this win 10 thing comes along. Sometimes I just disappear into thin air it might seem, what it is ,is my system needs to do a restart after down loading updates ,when it takes half a day or more to get 2 or 3 updates I don't fool around ,I just do the restart .
ChinaZer On June 26, 2023

Deleted

http://product-of-china.cf/, N
#24New Post! Jun 15, 2023 @ 15:05:08
https://clck.ru/34acZr
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs