Living With My Lesbian Partner Where It's Illegal To Be Gay

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jun 21, 2016 @ 15:59:11
Some very interesting comments on this thread and it is good to see an interest in the topic.

Rather than link to any specific comments (which would be time consuming and lead to a long reply) I will try to pick little bits out and respond in general terms.

Re Ezekiel at #7, I agree that there are other issues which are just as important, such as racism and sexism and these carry equal merit. I'm sure we will discuss these issues in other topics at another time but the key point to highlight is that education is central to overcoming ignorance.

re Swan at #9 & #11, I have always argued that when we discuss issues that are outside of our own personal daily experience, then we are using the forum for its intended purpose. Opinions can vary.... and that's a good thing... but hopefully messages get across and as a result we are all a little better informed as a result.

re Shino at #10, very informative and interesting to see another country's political process at work. Disappointing outcome, but this is a democratic process and the vote is everything. What gay people have to do is keep lobbying... keep fighting... never quit, never give in. Keep going until they achieve their goals.

As for Iran, well, I'm glad this thread has generated some discussion and it has been overwhelmingly positive. It hasn't changed anything in Iran, but I think if those Iranian women (and gay men) knew people in the outside world (to them) DO care and would do what they can, then the oppressed people of Iran would take heart and encouragement from that.

Thanks for all your comments everybody.
Regards
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#17New Post! Jun 21, 2016 @ 17:45:22
Hopefully we (collectively) will get there soon. I know we owe it to our kids & grandkids. Hopefully the rest of the world gets there soon as well.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs