Yes - I was/am a Nottie
No
Before my time
View Results
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#1New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 19:27:50
Does anyone remember back in 2008 when we had a large surge of new members coming in from a certain Manners and Etiquette forum that shut down, and how for almost a month, there were soooooooo many posts from those former members?

I remember looking back then and thinking "Damn... that's a whole lot of new people for me to rub my feet on. " And for the longest time, the new members (they referred to themselves as 'Notties,' I believe) made themselves at home and help make TFS super active, although a lot of older members were worried that they were trying to take over the site and that soon we'd have nothing but Manners and Etiquette threads dominating the front page (Heheh... It's funny to think about. Some other sub-forum was dominating the front page as opposed to the usual Religion and Politics ). Some people took it a bit too far and got into arguments with the Notties. Some Notties took it too far with other members, and there were bans and punchings galore! Oh, such a magical time.

But after all the dust settled and everyone shook hands, kissed and made out, it was all good and TFS had a ton of awesome new members, many of whom are still really active posters. So yeah, if you remember this transitory phase of TFS's life or if you yourself are a former Nottie immigrant, post here and reminisce. If not, well there's the door; you're in the wrong thread.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 22:58:47
I don't remember it happening quite like that .
And I may be wrong , but I'm thinking you may have two separate groups mixed up .
Those people from the Manners and Etiquette forum being the first group , and The Notties being another later group .
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#3New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 23:26:57
You mixed up two groups.

You are dead to me.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 23:42:44
@psycoskunk Said

older members were worried that they were trying to take over the site

We also went through a period with a lot of homophobic the world is ending crazies (Homies), and then Obama is going to take over the world nut bags (Obamites)...{Footnote: C1}

So, once we had Notties, then we had Homies, then Obamites, and more recently we have....Racies...{Footnote: C2}

I guess that all falls into the category of For F__k Sake!

Footnotes:
C1 - Chaski just invented the names Homies & Obamites.
C2 - Chaski just invented the name Racies.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#5New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 00:19:37
@white_swan53 Said

I don't remember it happening quite like that .
And I may be wrong , but I'm thinking you may have two separate groups mixed up .
Those people from the Manners and Etiquette forum being the first group , and The Notties being another later group .

@DiscordTiger Said

You mixed up two groups.

You are dead to me.

Damn, did I? Crap! I'm sorry, you guys. Please don't beat me too hard.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 00:26:38
@psycoskunk Said

Please don't beat me too hard.

Oh...wait...this is about beatings...?
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#7New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 01:55:46
I remember the notties well... there are still a couple of them lurking here now, even if they think we've forgotten. They were hideous people, and almost all of them were perma-banned when they started tossing around death threats.

Their leaders name was Patt. They moved onto another forum that they completely distroyed, and then, when everyone who wasn't a nottie had left, they turned on each other and self destructed.

It was extremely entertaining watching them from a distance eat each other alive, especially toward the very end when they all turned on Patt.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#8New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 02:03:41
I remember. From that forum misses manners... Or something. A manners and etiquette forum which in hindsight was pretty ironic. They had that thread the naughty step lol. I don't remember anyone thinking they were gonna take over the forums though. It was a good thing for tfs. Fun times.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#9New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 02:37:48
@boxer Said

I remember the notties well... there are still a couple of them lurking here now, even if they think we've forgotten. They were hideous people, and almost all of them were perma-banned when they started tossing around death threats.

Their leaders name was Patt. They moved onto another forum that they completely distroyed, and then, when everyone who wasn't a nottie had left, they turned on each other and self destructed.

It was extremely entertaining watching them from a distance eat each other alive, especially toward the very end when they all turned on Patt.

Patt. That's right! I almost forgot about Patt.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 03:43:10
bulls***.com
Me and Pat's hubby hit it off pretty well . I hung out over there for a few , but when they couldn't scrubb the hill billy off or knock the sand stone loose between my ears, It was decided by the majority that I am a lost cause , not worth the the time of day or the energy it would take to unlearn me and relearn me right, Then Pat's right hand lady learnt that I use a Maytag and a cloths line, complete with pins ,that was just to much for her sensibilities to handle.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs