Uploaded at ImageFra.me
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#2New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 05:41:49
R.I.P.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#3New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 13:25:50
He really was the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time. His upset win against George Foreman is legendary. To tthe point several movies have been made about it.

He, along with MLK and Malcom X, was also highly influential in giving blacks an image that rose above the suppressive status they were in at the time and brought them to where they are now.

RIP a true game changer.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 13:51:48
i was in growing up, watching boxing. not i enjoying as something, that see to people beat each up. basely, what boxing is!

a man called Muhammad Ali brought to boxing style and humor in watching the sport. not watching, blood come out from someone's mouth, nose, and eye's socket. you know fun to see that?

this man brought something bigger to life, i don't mean, he was anything different in his style of boxing. but he was the best, " the greatest". he was to the media.

he is had fun with the media, especially with a certain " howard costello ". a newscaster, who love jabs at the the greatest, with during his interviews with him. howard had great respect for the greatest.

the greatest respect his oppentents, when he fought him. everybody love the champion. i don't remember didn't live the greatest.

i don't watching boxing too much anymore, if i want watching blood shooting out from parts of the body. i can watching hockey or judge judy.

many ways, the sportworld and the world lost someone that bigger than life in a moment in time. that we need a hero or a role model that we have less these days, to look up to.

rest in peace, great one!
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#5New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 15:05:07
@Leon Said

He really was the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time. His upset win against George Foreman is legendary. To tthe point several movies have been made about it.

He, along with MLK and Malcom X, was also highly influential in giving blacks an image that rose above the suppressive status they were in at the time and brought them to where they are now.

RIP a true game changer.

No doubt Ali was a hell of a fighter...

For me personally I reckon you could toss a coin btw him and Joe Louis re the greatest heavyweight fighter "of all time".

Ali himself could be cheeky and he was great at promoting his fights and himself. That said, I don't think Ali covered himself in glory with some of his attacks on Joe Frazier. eg:

"Joe Frazier is an Uncle Tom. He works for the enemy (whites)."

"Joe Frazier should give his face to the Wildlife Fund. He's so ugly, blind men go the other way. Ugly! Ugly! Ugly! He not only looks bad, you can smell him in another country! What will the people of Manila think? That black brothers are animals. Ignorant. Stupid. Ugly and smelly."

When speaking to a white interviewer
"He's the other type Negro, he's not like me. There are two types of slaves, Joe Frazier's worse than you to me … That's what I mean when I say Uncle Tom, I mean he's a brother, one day he might be like me, but for now he works for the enemy"

Anyway, in the end Frazier forgave Ali and they both respected each other as fighters.
last_wave_of_summer On May 06, 2023

Canberra, Australia
#6New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 15:12:26

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#7New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 15:37:05

He had a quick wit Ali. Poor old Bert had absolutely NO idea that calling someone 'boy' was seen in a COMPLETELY different light in the states (when it's a white fella talking to a black fella).

Canberra, Australia
#8New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 15:55:45
@shadowen Said

He had a quick wit Ali. Poor old Bert had absolutely NO idea that calling someone 'boy' was seen in a COMPLETELY different light in the states (when it's a white fella talking to a black fella).

It didn't seem Ali was too worried by it, went along with it for the joke.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 16:17:37
@last_wave_of_summer Said

back then, sometimes, the two performers stage the scene to make funny. bert really know what he was talking about. ali really took the word seriously, bert would on the floor for the count.

back then, more performers put more acts on stages for rewards shows. then these days, they aren't are funny back then.

Canberra, Australia
#10New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 16:26:47
@twilitezone911 Said

back then, sometimes, the two performers stage the scene to make funny. bert really know what he was talking about. ali really took the word seriously, bert would on the floor for the count.

back then, more performers put more acts on stages for rewards shows. then these days, they aren't are funny back then.

Well that's it....to intentional say that to Ali....you'd be risking yourself, so either staged or a naive comment.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 16:35:31

Well that's it....to intentional say that to Ali....you'd be risking yourself, so either staged or a naive comment.

what I mean bert tell him before what they are going to said before. ali would never agree to go on the show, without some sort of script that they want to follow. it is rehearsal several times, before audience in there.

it look like or seem to be the first time, they see each other. why that is soo funny.

three stooges are one of the best slapstick comedians of all time. because they rehearsal a movie scene or stage over 30 or 40 times before they do anything on film.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#12New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 19:03:45

I think he realised very quickly that absolutely no offence was meant.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#13New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 19:07:30

I doubt it was staged in this instance. Just doesnt seem the sort of thing Ali would agree to...
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#14New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 20:13:01
Float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee.

RIP

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Jun 04, 2016 @ 20:17:31
howard, I'm so fast, i can turn off my light switch. get into my bed, before light is off. - ali
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs