Racism

Reclaiming Conservative Theology author on White Privilege

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! May 27, 2016 @ 03:34:54
Very compelling read. Well worth reading & discussion I think.

"I have come to take a similar approach to politics. I’m not interested in cliché ideas or rehashed rhetoric; I want evidence-based policies, and I try to take data-based positions.
If you’re like me in this way, then I present to you a data-based approach to discussing the issues of white privilege and systemic racism—what it is, whether it truly exists, and what it looks like.
Others have used various analogies to explain what white privilege is—the immortal Invisible Knapsack and the very apt bicycle analogy are two excellent ones. But those are focused on explaining what privilege is (and what it is not) and what we mean when we talk about it, moreso than on presenting data that prove that the disparities that those approaches take for granted do indeed exist.
What follows is, as far as I know, the largest and most complete collection of facts, statistics, and data that demonstrate and exemplify the reality of white privilege anywhere on the internet. Mixed throughout, and especially at the end, you’ll find some occasional commentary from me—but by far and away the emphasis is on the data. I put it before you, with minimal commentary, so that you can decide for yourself—and because I believe it speaks for itself. Most of my thoughts I have saved to the end. " JBW Tucker
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! May 27, 2016 @ 05:42:04
Changing this policy alone would be a huge step in the right direction for getting the needed changes made .

"categories reported to the FBI’s Supplemental Homicide Report are self-selected by police officers and departments "

Changing this practice would make cops step up and be responsible for their actions and face the consequences for those actions .

police officers involved in unwarranted fatal shootings—incidents that result in the death of people who are unarmed, not resisting, etc.—rarely face significant consequences. Few lose their job, let alone face criminal charges.

This surprised me ,
Criminal charges are brought against youth in schools for violations that never would be considered criminal if committed by an adult.

Thanks for posting this link .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs