The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Entertainment:
Celebrities

Dolly Parton, husband Carl Dean plan to 'get married again' for 50th anniversary

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! May 08, 2016 @ 03:06:45
Quote:
"We're going to get married again!" Parton told People magazine in an article published online Tuesday. "I'll have a beautiful wedding dress, 'cause I didn't have a big, long wedding dress when we got married and we've got a suit for him, so we're going to dress up and take a bunch of pictures."

"He's like a brother and a father and a friend and a husband and a lover — all of those things to me.

https://www.today.com/popculture/dolly-parton-husband-carl-dean-plan-get-married-again-50th-t91286?cid=par-sy-juno-gen4

I don't know of any other life long celebrity that has had just one marriage and made it to the 50 year mark . Kudo's to these two.

I've never been a huge fan of dolly's songs , she has some that every on likes or she wouldn't be an eight-time Grammy Award winner .
There is a recent photo of her in the article . I wonder if she's stuck with one doctor like she's stuck with one husband ?
Leez On May 07, 2017

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 09, 2016 @ 19:12:49
Good for them and well done!

Well worth celebrating.

Relationship does seem to last as long as the benefits end these days.

I have a problem seeing a partner as a brother and father.

Then, that's just me !
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#3New Post! May 09, 2016 @ 23:02:33
@white_swan53 Said

https://www.today.com/popculture/dolly-parton-husband-carl-dean-plan-get-married-again-50th-t91286?cid=par-sy-juno-gen4

I don't know of any other life long celebrity that has had just one marriage and made it to the 50 year mark . Kudo's to these two.

I've never been a huge fan of dolly's songs , she has some that every on likes or she wouldn't be an eight-time Grammy Award winner .
There is a recent photo of her in the article . I wonder if she's stuck with one doctor like she's stuck with one husband ?

Has anyone ever seen Carl Dean? Just curious.

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! May 09, 2016 @ 23:54:52
@Deal_With_It Said

Has anyone ever seen Carl Dean? Just curious.

I was wondering the same thing when I was reading the article. I'm guessing there are photo's of the two of them at some point during the past 50 years and a die hard fan would have seen them . I never have been a big (no pun intended) fan of hers ,so guessing is all I got.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! May 10, 2016 @ 00:01:40
@Leez Said

Good for them and well done!

Well worth celebrating.

Relationship does seem to last as long as the benefits end these days.

I have a problem seeing a partner as a brother and father.

Then, that's just me !

No it's not just you, that statement struck me as pretty weird too.
Maybe while she was keeping company with Porter Wager was when she started seeing him as a brother and father .
Her and Porter recorded a lot of duets in the 1960's or 70's .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs