What you think life is - Vs - Reality - but what are your thoughts

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! May 03, 2016 @ 15:57:09
@bob_the_fisherman Said

In my case, a lot of time spent reading a wide selection of books ranging from Darwin, Marx, Machiavelli, Chomsky, Nietzsche, Hume, Plato, Descartes, Rousseau, Bertrand Russel, C.S. Lewis, Dawkins, Karl Popper, the bible, the Dhammapada, the Bhagavad Gita, The Tao, the Analects, the koran, various books on psychology, sociology, a variety of different history books and most importantly, the indispensable Sir Douglas Adams, all accompanied by a well stoked bong and seemingly endless supply of bourbon...

chuckle

Quite a reading list you have there.
chaski On about 15 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! May 03, 2016 @ 21:54:02
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Educating myself is what changed my view of the world. I went from seeing life as a pointless span of futile misery trapped between two infinite spans of meaningless nothingness, to seeing life as an opportunity to learn, grow, help people, and be happy.

Funny how that works.

You had to gain religion for it to work, while I had to lose religion for it to work.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#18New Post! May 03, 2016 @ 22:06:48
@chaski Said

Funny how that works.

You had to gain religion for it to work, while I had to lose religion for it to work.

It is a tad ironic. I suspect it is also the reason that we seem to incessantly but amicably bicker... I am the ying to your yang...
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#19New Post! May 03, 2016 @ 22:52:44
@Erimitus Said

chuckle

Quite a reading list you have there.

And, that was only the authors I remember reading.

It sometimes scares me how much I have learned but forgotten. Oldness is setting in, and it truly sucks. I used to be able to rattle off the basic ideas of all the authors I had read and even quote them (as well as provide things like the page number, book title etc.,) directly from memory back twenty years ago... now, I can barely even remember reading the damned book

In hindsight, maybe keeping a well stoked bong by my side was not conducive to learning...
chaski On about 15 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#20New Post! May 03, 2016 @ 23:11:13
@bob_the_fisherman Said

...we seem to incessantly but amicably bicker... I am the ying to your yang...

Well, actually we incessantly but amicably bicker because you are an ignorant Aussie and I am a highly intelligent but friendly and forgiving American...who likes to wear blue dresses.

PS

Now read my post again while looking at my pink and pooping dancing avatar.

#21New Post! May 04, 2016 @ 01:52:12
@bob_the_fisherman Said

And, that was only the authors I remember reading.

It sometimes scares me how much I have learned but forgotten. Oldness is setting in, and it truly sucks. I used to be able to rattle off the basic ideas of all the authors I had read and even quote them (as well as provide things like the page number, book title etc.,) directly from memory back twenty years ago... now, I can barely even remember reading the damned book

In hindsight, maybe keeping a well stoked bong by my side was not conducive to learning...

Chuckle

I have found that the revelations of entheogenics do not translate well into words.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#22New Post! May 04, 2016 @ 02:56:56
@Erimitus Said

Chuckle

I have found that the revelations of entheogenics do not translate well into words.

That is possibly because the drug revelations tend to fade with the effects of the drug...

#23New Post! May 04, 2016 @ 04:21:30
@bob_the_fisherman Said

That is possibly because the drug revelations tend to fade with the effects of the drug...

indeed....

And attempting to express them sounds like gibberish. Yet it makes complete sense when the mind has been expanded.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#24New Post! May 04, 2016 @ 05:15:23
@Erimitus Said

indeed....

And attempting to express them sounds like gibberish. Yet it makes complete sense when the mind has been expanded.

Ezekiel On July 27, 2016

Warszawa, Poland
#25New Post! Jun 15, 2016 @ 13:20:13
We all grow up thinking we're special, and we will make something great out of our lives. But then we grow up and we realise life is nothing but get up early, go to school / work, work your head off and go home, go to sleep, and repeat. Oh... And pay bills, which is the worst! Nobody asked me if I wanted to be born to work my life away to pay bills.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs