Forums: Gaming:
Video Games

Good and bad memories

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Apr 10, 2016 @ 21:25:28
I have played many of the high concept video games, especially the fps and tps. They have all given me many memorable momments, some good some bad. Please, share yours. I will certainly share mine.

For example, Far Cry 3...

The good: watching a tiger chase and pounce on a buffalo, in the northern road outside a pirate outpost that I had just liberated, east of Pueblomalo. It leapt on its back and the two animals did a full, 360 degree roll, with the tiger landing on top of the buffalo and forcing it onto its side, before tearing open its carotid artery with its teeth. This was an awesome experience. To see an animal performing such a jump and causing it and its prey to roll in such a realistic is a very impressive feat of modern grahpics technology. I could almost feel it.

The bad: two pirates played with a black bear. In the jugnle area near the cliff close to the radio tower in the southernmost part of the part of the land below Pueblomalo, two pirates were hunting, or rather playing with a black bear. They were throwing molotov cocktails at it as the animal ran away. He retreated up the cliff and would have got away, without life threatening injuries, but the pirates open fired on it with their assault rifles, killing it, as it cleared the jungle and ran up the cliff. One of them threw a hand grenade next to its corpse and the explosion made the bear fall off the side of the cliff and slide down the cliff.

However, after I fixed the radio tower, I took the zip line down and stealth killed the pirates as they came back to the road. Neither of them saw it coming.
fermz On June 28, 2016

Dudley, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 21, 2016 @ 10:16:55
It seems like you are feeling some torment and resentment towards said pirates. I hope this doesn't have too much of an impact on the rest of your life.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#3New Post! Jun 21, 2016 @ 16:40:11
Yeah, NPCs do weird/funny things sometimes.

Reminds me of when I was playing Far Cry 3 and I was scoping out a small outpost of 5 men when of all things a civilian car, plows into two of the guards stationed near the bridge, launching both of them off the cliff with the car rolling down the hill after them. As the car explodes when it hits the bottom, the other guys go to investigate just as a pair of tigers roam into the camp. Immediately one guard shouts "TIGER!!! (foreign yelling) Tiger, f***!!!" and starts opening fire as Tiger 1 leaps at him and starts chowing down. One of the other guys starts shooting at that tiger while his buddy pulls out his RPG and blows up not only the tiger, but his two friends as well. So as they go hurdling down the cliff, Tiger 2 decides to strike and just runs into RPG guy, sending him skidding enough so he too slipped off the cliff. Right as that happened, my guy was attacked by a hawk, but the 'Outpost Cleared' thing triggered, so it showed the hawk coming in slow-motion, in a sepia tone, then it suddenly snapped to the outpost, then back to me just in time for the hawk to try and attack me...... except it glitched, and fell through the map. I could see its wings flapping through the ground.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Jun 22, 2016 @ 14:52:18
Yeah, well, there was that one time playing guitar hero and, upon failing to get passing score, decided to go Pete Townshed on the stupid game and bludgeon the motherf***er repeatedly all over the floor, ripping it to to shreds.

Actually that was the only time playing guitar hero. As in ever again.

But boy was it satisfying.
fermz On June 28, 2016

Dudley, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 28, 2016 @ 09:26:48
I'm glad you went that route of Pete Townshend and not the other one...
Kinshi86 On January 31, 2018

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
#6New Post! Jul 19, 2016 @ 13:34:21
Well, there are plenty of memories playing video games, seeing as I'm almost 30 lol

I remember one time playing GTA San Andreas, I was in the middle of a police chase, mission had just ended and I had 4 stars. I came up to an intersection at one of those little towns on the lower left island on the map. When out of nowhere on of those little propeller planes just falls right out of the sky It just so happens that I run right into the explosion.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#7New Post! Jul 19, 2016 @ 17:30:24
@Kinshi86 Said

Well, there are plenty of memories playing video games, seeing as I'm almost 30 lol

I remember one time playing GTA San Andreas, I was in the middle of a police chase, mission had just ended and I had 4 stars. I came up to an intersection at one of those little towns on the lower left island on the map. When out of nowhere on of those little propeller planes just falls right out of the sky It just so happens that I run right into the explosion.

I've seen stuff like that happen to my buddies. The worst was a fuel truck that was slowly falling through an intersection. The moment the back tires of the actual truck sunk completely into the ground, the tanker exploded underground, launching my cousin straight up into the air with 4 health until he flew through the sky box and just kept going. We had to reset after that, but it was funny as hell.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs