The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

You can't be racist against white people. Really?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...41 42 43
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#631New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 12:19:47
@Leez Said

Indeed ! All women are beautiful, I mean what not to like about a woman when beauty is given to the women, and not the men
Women have shapes, specific physical features, curves, different hair styles, dress codes, have elegance and soft and sexy movements
Women are always appealing !

These things are not given to men, it's like seen one, seen it all !!!

The men always dress in the same manner, have common hair styles (some scary), walk, talk, sit, move the same way, common features, same or higher level of rudeness, some still needing mummy to understand the concept of hygiene, lack manners and have similar shapes.
It's really difficult to find one who is appealing amongst own preference, now in general - err, let's make it short.
Men are not appealing in general !!

I know, it's biased but it doesn't make it untrue

Totally. Men are not appealing. We all do look pretty similar. Our hair is styled very similar for the most part, those of us who are not so unlucky that we're bald.

I love when a woman wears her hair differently every day. Or how their upper lips have that curl to it! Or when they have dimples on their lower back, or how their Eyes seem to be bigger then ours, how they wear different makeup everyday. I could go on, but yes women beat men when it comes to appeal.

We age better though, so we still win.

Fukitall, Arizona
#632New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 12:22:50
Also, not all women are beautiful. Let's not fool ourselves. There's definitely unappealing women out there.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#633New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 12:40:52
@Leez Said

I'll share my experience with the black and eastern community in my country. I'm currently working in an area on an employment project and give legal advice.

The people in that community are nice and polite with me, respectful and willing to listen and act on my advice and instructions. They will come to share chocolates with me when successful in securing a job or in any other legal areas.

However, only people of same skin tone as me have been requested to work with that community, as the white natives are less likely welcomed by them.

It's the history of slavery by the white to the black people, which is one of the reasons they feel hatred and anger towards the white natives. I can assure people that my white colleague are open minded, educated and professional with good ethics and values in life, but still, they struggle to be accepted by the community.

I don't see the community as violent or uneducated, although the attitude with my white colleagues. The good thing, my collegues level of tolerance, patience, professionalism and kind nature is greatly remarkable and appreciated by a few in that community, who would change that mindset once they met my colleagues through my recommendations / referrals.

Is that racism to the native whites ? I'll let you make your opinion.

In a binary system of Yes or No - I would say yes. But if you allow the reality of spectrum to seep in, I would say that's closer to prejudice than racist. (and those binary people will argue that prejudiced is racist - so be it)

Fukitall, Arizona
#634New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 12:52:57
@boxer Said

What about a plastic bag?

Maybe a handbag. You know an expensive one. Or even one that's been bedazzled. OK, OK, I admit it. I'm bagosexual.
Leez On May 07, 2017

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#635New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 13:18:12
@adrinachrome Said

Totally. Men are not appealing. We all do look pretty similar. Our hair is styled very similar for the most part, those of us who are not so unlucky that we're bald.

I love when a woman wears her hair differently every day. Or how their upper lips have that curl to it! Or when they have dimples on their lower back, or how their Eyes seem to be bigger then ours, how they wear different makeup everyday. I could go on, but yes women beat men when it comes to appeal.

Nope, women age better
You know, these powder, flour, cream, paint or whatever women apply on their face, do protect the skin in some ways.
Apparently, men mature slowly, but don't get better with age. Some habits / ways are set in stone - sadle
Leez On May 07, 2017

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#636New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 13:32:47
@mrmhead Said

In a binary system of Yes or No - I would say yes. But if you allow the reality of spectrum to seep in, I would say that's closer to prejudice than racist. (and those binary people will argue that prejudiced is racist - so be it)

The fact that they have are open to at least listen to one person, are not disrespetful, violent, abusive and have the willingness to do something better for themselve and for the society, I would say it's the more likely the fear of being treated badly as it has been the case in history.
I have to point out that they are not natives. They immigrated from a different country. Cultural differences and beliefs are also a barrier.

Colleagues of similar skin tone as me would disagree to a degree and are of opinion that it's a prejudice. However, I think it is necessary to broaden the definition of racism beyond prejudice to include sentiments that in their consequence, if not in the intent, support the racial status. Racism extends considerably beyond prejudice, so I believe it's right for anyone to argue on that subject.

Fukitall, Arizona
#637New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 13:39:44
@Leez Said

Nope, women age better
You know,these powder, flour, cream, paint or whatever women appply on their face, do protect the skin in some ways.
Apparently, men mature slowly, but don't get better with age. Some habits / ways are set in stone - sadle

OK, OK. Physically age looks better on men then women. We look better with grey hairs then women do, our wrinkles are not as pronounced as on women, etc.

It's just the way it is.

I'm nor saying everything about men gets better. Well I have lol.

I'm better looking then I was in my 20s, I'm stronger, faster (maybe not faster), smarter, more patient, everything, like every aspect of me now is better then it was 10 years ago. If this keeps up into my 40s I'll be god-like
Leez On May 07, 2017

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#638New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 13:46:25
@adrinachrome Said

OK, OK. Physically age looks better on men then women. We look better with grey hairs then women do, our wrinkles are not as pronounced as on women, etc.

It's just the way it is.

I'm nor saying everything about men gets better. Well I have lol.

I'm better looking then I was in my 20s, I'm stronger, faster (maybe not faster), smarter, more patient, everything, like every aspect of me now is better then it was 10 years ago. If this keeps up into my 40s I'll be god-like

Sounds like you're ready to be married / in a partnership and be 'looked' after by another female figure - the wife /partner
Are you advertising ?

Women age better as most go through child birth, meaning body change and scars, but are still good looking

Err, what do men go through before earning that 'better looking' ?

Let's agree on something - not all men and women, but in general, it's women the better looking

Fukitall, Arizona
#639New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 13:54:14
@Leez Said

Sounds like you're ready to be married / in a partnership and be 'looked' after by another female figure - the wife /partner
Are you advertising ?

Women age better as most go through child birth, meaning body change and scars, but are still good looking

Err, what do men go through before earning that 'better looking' ?

Let's agree on something - not all men and women, but in general, it's women the better looking

I'm not advertising, unless you're looking to buy.
I'm way too moody. My ups and downs have ruined almost every relationship I've been in. That's not something that age has changed, it's always been that way.

I agree, I'd much rather spend my time looking at a woman then a man.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#640New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 14:02:53
@Leez Said

The fact that they have are open to at least listen to one person, are not disrespetful, violent, abusive and have the willingness to do something better for themselve and for the society, I would say it's the more likely the fear of being treated badly as it has been the case in history.
I have to point out that they are not natives. They immigrated from a different country. Cultural differences and beliefs are also a barrier.

Colleagues of similar skin tone as me would disagree to a degree and are of opinion that it's a prejudice. However, I think it is necessary to broaden the definition of racism beyond prejudice to include sentiments that in their consequence, if not in the intent, support the racial status. Racism extends considerably beyond prejudice, so I believe it's right for anyone to argue on that subject.

I know it's semantics, and arguing semantics is like arguing opinions ( Your opinion is wrong!)

Here's my view:

Prejudice is when you see someone and think "Oh he's probably ...."
But you don't avoid interaction because of it, and when you interact you realize you are (maybe) wrong. (However, activities that support stereotypes tend to enforce prejudices)

Racist is when you take (or don't take) specific action against someone simply based on race/look/religion/etc.

Bigotry, I guess, would come in when you actively promote your prejudices against a group of people by definition - not a specific person. The Westboro Church comes to mind.

Yes, these are all squishy, at-the-moment generalized definitions that could change for a specific circumstance.

And with those - I would admit that because of the environment I grew up in, I have some latent prejudices. I know they are wrong and I don't let them interfere with decisions or actions, and I certainly do not promote anything of the sort.
... though there are stereotypical stories that come up that continue to support some prejudices ...
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#641New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 14:08:12
@Leez Said

Indeed ! All women are beautiful, I mean what not to like about a woman when beauty is given to the women, and not the men
Women have shapes, specific physical features, curves, different hair styles, dress codes, have elegance and soft and sexy movements
Women are always appealing !

These things are not given to men, it's like seen one, seen it all !!!

The men always dress in the same manner, have common hair styles (some scary), walk, talk, sit, move the same way, common features, same or higher level of rudeness, some still needing mummy to understand the concept of hygiene, lack manners and have similar shapes.
It's really difficult to find one who is appealing amongst own preference, now in general - err, let's make it short.
Men are not appealing in general !!

I know, it's biased but it doesn't make it untrue

@adrinachrome Said

Not really. Some of us are pretty good lookers & some spend much time on their appearance. As I said. Spice of life. Does not matter anyway. People are attracted to whom they will be attracted no matter what race, hair color, body build or gender- it's all good. I hope everyone finds their special someone & that everyone else leaves them alone.
Leez On May 07, 2017

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#642New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 14:21:28
@shinobinoz Said

Not really. Some of us are pretty good lookers & some spend much time on their appearance. As I said. Spice of life. Does not matter anyway. People are attracted to whom they will be attracted no matter what race, hair color, body build or gender- it's all good. I hope everyone finds their special someone & that everyone else leaves them alone.

Right.
But, no one is saying that those you're not attracted to for any reason, 'don't leave them alone'.
Sorry, couldn't resist this
Leez On May 07, 2017

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#643New Post! May 01, 2016 @ 14:24:02
@mrmhead Said

I know it's semantics, and arguing semantics is like arguing opinions ( Your opinion is wrong!)

Here's my view:

Prejudice is when you see someone and think "Oh he's probably ...."
But you don't avoid interaction because of it, and when you interact you realize you are (maybe) wrong. (However, activities that support stereotypes tend to enforce prejudices)

Racist is when you take (or don't take) specific action against someone simply based on race/look/religion/etc.

Bigotry, I guess, would come in when you actively promote your prejudices against a group of people by definition - not a specific person. The Westboro Church comes to mind.

Yes, these are all squishy, at-the-moment generalized definitions that could change for a specific circumstance.

And with those - I would admit that because of the environment I grew up in, I have some latent prejudices. I know they are wrong and I don't let them interfere with decisions or actions, and I certainly do not promote anything of the sort.
... though there are stereotypical stories that come up that continue to support some prejudices ...

Your view leaves room for discussion
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#644New Post! May 30, 2016 @ 07:22:46
@shinobinoz Said

The Huff piece states quite clearly that the minority group can have individuals that are prejudiced but since they are not in power would therefore not be considered as racism.

Well there's one way of redefining a words meaning .
I don't recall reading in a dictionary that if it is a person whose race is in power then it's wrong , but if it is a person whose race ids not in power then its okay.
Wrong is wrong no matter who is saying/doing it.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#645New Post! May 30, 2016 @ 21:28:45
@white_swan53 Said

Well there's one way of redefining a words meaning .
I don't recall reading in a dictionary that if it is a person whose race is in power then it's wrong , but if it is a person whose race ids not in power then its okay.
Wrong is wrong no matter who is saying/doing it.

I would agree. Though truth be told racism with power & authority is certainly much more problematic than racism without power or authority.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...41 42 43

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs