New York Judge Charged With Driving Drunk To Court

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#16New Post! Feb 18, 2016 @ 02:08:41
@Eaglebauer Said

Well technically yes...I mean a thief can still say that stealing is a crime when someone else does it and he'd be correct.

That being said, she should face investigation and removal from the position in my opinion.

agreed.

maybe a good pistol wiping to make an example of her?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#17New Post! Feb 18, 2016 @ 02:12:33
@mrmhead Said

Not any more, but just the chaos between procedures, Rx's, billing from 17 different things/people/services/whatnot ... then insurance back-and-forth... until it ends up in collections and I tell them to figure it out and explain to me... haha..

ouch.
charity around for help?
I had a heart operation and charity helped what insurance didn't.
ask the hospital.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#18New Post! Feb 18, 2016 @ 02:36:15
@Willi Said

ouch.
charity around for help?
I had a heart operation and charity helped what insurance didn't.
ask the hospital.

I know there are others that need more aid than me. as long as I make small, monthly payments to the collectors, they stay quite.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#19New Post! Feb 18, 2016 @ 03:31:37
it interesting judges get off fines and community hours for being drunk. of course, they get away with it for so many times. if they don't kill someone on the streets.

the courts doesn't give out favors to judges. wow! this judge has to paid fine, and get slap on the wrist. that's it. really!

of course, this will show drunk drivers , the courts give no lean to anyone, even judges. where is the justice in that?

courts were smart that they give lady : probation. make her goes aaa meetings three times a weeks for 6 months to 1 year.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#20New Post! Feb 18, 2016 @ 04:19:24
I'm just happy that I'm not the only one who's drinking on Saturday mornings.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Feb 18, 2016 @ 05:04:05
We call it "Misconduct in Public Office" and it goes right back to the 13th Century (another one of Henry II's wise laws I believe, for the benefit of anyone who doesn't know that history goes back that far).

It covers a wide range of offences although here, as elsewhere, slippery eels can wriggle off the hook. A scandal broke out a few years ago regarding a woman named Rebekah Brooks, an editor with News International, who was (alleged to be) at the centre of a web of paying high ranking police officers to turn a blind eye to illegal phone hacking. One such instance featured a murdered schoolgirl, Millie Dowler. News International hacked her mobile (cell) phone after she had been kidnapped to access her voicemail messages. This led (honest) police and her family to believe she was picking up her messages and therefore still alive. It wasn't until her body was found and forensics established that she had been dead for some time that the real facts began to emerge.

Both the corrupt coppers and Ms Brooks walked away from it all. It stinks.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#22New Post! Feb 18, 2016 @ 07:19:52
@Eaglebauer Said

Well technically yes...I mean a thief can still say that stealing is a crime when someone else does it and he'd be correct.

That being said, she should face investigation and removal from the position in my opinion.

I agree , her case should be treated the same as any other person drinks and drives. But judging << no pun intended << from personal experience " practice what you preach " does not apply to judges .

I'm guessing that the only reason any ticket or court date came about was because she is a city judge and it was the state cops that handled the accident and ticket writing .

n/a, New Mexico
#23New Post! Feb 18, 2016 @ 07:23:06
@twilitezone911 Said

it interesting judges get off fines and community hours for being drunk. of course, they get away with it for so many times. if they don't kill someone on the streets.

the courts doesn't give out favors to judges. wow! this judge has to paid fine, and get slap on the wrist. that's it. really!

of course, this will show drunk drivers , the courts give no lean to anyone, even judges. where is the justice in that?

courts were smart that they give lady : probation. make her goes aaa meetings three times a weeks for 6 months to 1 year.

This just happened , she had not had her court date yet .

n/a, New Mexico
#24New Post! Feb 18, 2016 @ 07:30:33
@Jennifer1984 Said

We call it "Misconduct in Public Office" and it goes right back to the 13th Century (another one of Henry II's wise laws I believe, for the benefit of anyone who doesn't know that history goes back that far).

It covers a wide range of offences although here, as elsewhere, slippery eels can wriggle off the hook. A scandal broke out a few years ago regarding a woman named Rebekah Brooks, an editor with News International, who was (alleged to be) at the centre of a web of paying high ranking police officers to turn a blind eye to illegal phone hacking. One such instance featured a murdered schoolgirl, Millie Dowler. News International hacked her mobile (cell) phone after she had been kidnapped to access her voicemail messages. This led (honest) police and her family to believe she was picking up her messages and therefore still alive. It wasn't until her body was found and forensics established that she had been dead for some time that the real facts began to emerge.

Both the corrupt coppers and Ms Brooks walked away from it all. It stinks.

We had a chief of police kill one of his own officers , right in the cop shop one night , over a bag of pot , in a small town not far from where I live .
The chief got away with murder and kept his job until he quit and left town a year or so later.
I agree, it stinks .
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#25New Post! Feb 18, 2016 @ 08:22:43
@white_swan53 Said

This just happened , she had not had her court date yet .

i know that have a no court date. she in jail, either. so, it more less slap wrist on her record. that's it. it really any justice. it's blind justice.

she be a judge, she allow get the law bend in her favor.

@white_swan53 Said

We had a chief of police kill one of his own officers , right in the cop shop one night , over a bag of pot , in a small town not far from where I live .
The chief got away with murder and kept his job until he quit and left town a year or so later.
I agree, it stinks .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs