Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#16New Post! Feb 02, 2016 @ 23:42:03
@chaski Said

To answer my own question, as an independent in Florida I don't get to vote in Florida primaries, but if I could I would vote for the person I thought would make the best president.

But, as a Florida voter it wouldn't make much difference since we (as a state) typically don't really know who we elect as president anyway...

Chad, it was all H. Chad's fault.....
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#17New Post! Feb 02, 2016 @ 23:47:32
@shinobinoz Said

I was speaking to the disenfranchisement of size of the states. Since it is the electoral college & not the popular vote that selects the prez. The argument was always that this way the smallest states have as much of a chance to be the one to push the candidate over the threshold to win. I've never seen the logic in that, but that is one of the reasons supposedly for keeping the electoral college. I think it is high time to get rid of it myself.

Yeah but that was like walking into a cat convention and start talking about ferret toys.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#18New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 00:02:52
@DiscordTiger Said

Yeah but that was like walking into a cat convention and start talking about ferret toys.

Perhaps, I was responding to you stating your state is late in June & the decision is generally over by then. The whole electoral college makes about as much sense to me as to any logical reason behind it. The popular vote would be the decider not the delegates who have already cast their lot in a year in advance.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#19New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 00:15:13
@shinobinoz Said

Perhaps, I was responding to you stating your state is late in June & the decision is generally over by then. The whole electoral college makes about as much sense to me as to any logical reason behind it. The popular vote would be the decider not the delegates who have already cast their lot in a year in advance.

Yeah but I was calling my state a bunch of lazy slackers for not getting their shot together for Super Tuesday. Which elects in a primary

Which is totally a different election/process than the electoral college. Which for the most part I understand the logic behind and why the popular only vote is disenfranchising to most of the country.

Two separate elections. Cats and ferrets.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#20New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 01:09:27
i noticed that two members that said were their independent " voters. i thought " ok! " . it 's their choice.

i am democrat, but there are times, i would vote for republican in small local elections not big races. if i believe in the person, not the party.

my first election to vote in 1977, i voted jimmy carter in high school. those days, i don't remember why i voted for carter. i didn't even studied either candidates back then. i was excited that i vote for the first time in my life.

i don't really understand when the member who is " independent " voter. so you aren't connect any party that had choose from.

first of all, that is fine with me. i guess change my status or can i? why the government or local government need to know. what are group, we believe in.

i understand that you want to hide who choose are nobody business except yours.

last twenty years, independent voters, can leaned to republican or democrat. so these independent voters has choice their side not with the same party. even if independence voters believe in " tea party " that this party lean more to republicans.

i like said no big deal that these two members are independence voters. but why are we need to be label democrat, republican, or independence voters, when are register to vote? when our vote is a secret ballot?

who really need to know what we are label? does the parties need to know? does the electrical vote need to know?

what is the bid deal, what we label as? we came out to vote, is that the biggest deal on electron day?
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#21New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 01:30:29
@DiscordTiger Said

I'm voting Cats, because ferrets smell.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#22New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 04:11:57
i vote cats, they taste good with mayo between two pieces of bread. cut off the tail, that's pretty tough to eat.

i never had ferret at mcdonald, just cat at mcdonald. with fries, and milk shake. you swallow anything with milk shake. mcdonalds put lettuce and bacon on a dead cat with mayo. hmm good! st. louis's mcdonalds doesn't carry ferrets.i give them a call tomorrow, see why they don't.

put me down for a vote for cats, i'm hungry.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#23New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 04:43:23
@shinobinoz Said

We can declare affiliation & vote party for the primary but then have to go back downtown to change back to independent for the general. Are you able to do that?

Probably.

But, I'm too lazy.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#24New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 05:01:04
@chaski Said

In the Caucuses & Primaries

Will you vote for a Candidate because you believe he/she is the one that is the best?

Or

Will you vote for a Candidate because you believe he/she is the one that can beat the other political party's candidate?

I was so annoyed with my party, I don't think I answered the question.

The times I did vote in the primary it was to pick the best. Typically it's mattered more in state and local races.
I claimed a party mostly for that reason, house district and governor are always dependent on who wins in the primary. I'm in a very purple area in a purple state. And I'm also too lazy to switch affiliations just to vote in a closed primary.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#25New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 05:01:29
@twilitezone911 Said

i noticed that two members that said were their independent " voters. i thought " ok! " . it 's their choice.

i am democrat, but there are times, i would vote for republican in small local elections not big races. if i believe in the person, not the party.

my first election to vote in 1977, i voted jimmy carter in high school. those days, i don't remember why i voted for carter. i didn't even studied either candidates back then. i was excited that i vote for the first time in my life.

i don't really understand when the member who is " independent " voter. so you aren't connect any party that had choose from.

first of all, that is fine with me. i guess change my status or can i? why the government or local government need to know. what are group, we believe in.

i understand that you want to hide who choose are nobody business except yours.

last twenty years, independent voters, can leaned to republican or democrat. so these independent voters has choice their side not with the same party. even if independence voters believe in " tea party " that this party lean more to republicans.

i like said no big deal that these two members are independence voters. but why are we need to be label democrat, republican, or independence voters, when are register to vote? when our vote is a secret ballot?

who really need to know what we are label? does the parties need to know? does the electrical vote need to know?

what is the bid deal, what we label as? we came out to vote, is that the biggest deal on electron day?

It's a two party system & they have everything locked down. It is really too bad we don't have more parties that can have influence (yes good or bad depending on your individual tastes). The system is rigged against minority voices & disenfranchised voters.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#26New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 05:05:34
@DiscordTiger Said

Yeah but I was calling my state a bunch of lazy slackers for not getting their shot together for Super Tuesday. Which elects in a primary

Which is totally a different election/process than the electoral college. Which for the most part I understand the logic behind and why the popular only vote is disenfranchising to most of the country.

I don't see where the popular vote is disenfranchising as much as the electoral college.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#27New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 05:22:22
@shinobinoz Said

I don't see where the popular vote is disenfranchising as much as the electoral college.

So I really don't see if your trying to derail the thread or just don't understand the differences in what I'm talking about in primaries and the college.

Either way, I'd rather not discuss the electoral college further in a primary thread. As it annoys people when things go too far off tangent, and I should lead by example. I can hash it out in a electoral college thread in the future, but for now my bed is calling and my cat is meowing.

So we can just accept we have different opinions on the existence of cats and ferrets for now.
A_Martin15 On February 07, 2016

Peterborough, Canada
#28New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 21:20:36
Going back to the original point, I feel like voting for the candidate you like is the whole point of an election because ultimately people make a government and the decisions in a government.

Parities change their minds about policies once they get into office all the time, but if you vote for the candidate then you are basing the decision on if the person will stick to what they said they will do.

What's the point in you vote for a candidate or a party but because you think they are going to do what they said they will do?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#29New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 23:17:39
@DiscordTiger Said

So I really don't see if your trying to derail the thread or just don't understand the differences in what I'm talking about in primaries and the college.

Either way, I'd rather not discuss the electoral college further in a primary thread. As it annoys people when things go too far off tangent, and I should lead by example. I can hash it out in a electoral college thread in the future, but for now my bed is calling and my cat is meowing.

So we can just accept we have different opinions on the existence of cats and ferrets for now.

Threads rarely (if ever) not stray. I understand the difference, I was only pointing out what you had said about your state being so late as to not really count. Same thing on election day with the EC at some point the electors numbers are in & no further states count. I find that as disenfranchising as your state is regarding it's primary. It tends to stretch one parties coat tails much much longer than they should be with the local vote. Either one (to me) leads to people not voting for feeling their vote does not count. I am for as full inclusion into the election process as is possible & find the traditional mix-match grandly fails. But I shall let it rest so we can get back to the primaries discussion.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs