The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Domestic terrorists holding part of Oregon in state of siege.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 18:39:40
@ssnot_me Said

I know each park is different and unique in their own way. But wanted to ask your opinion. What has been a couple of your favorites? My son is getting old enough that I will be taking him to a few and I am just planning ahead to see where I want to go.

I am a fan of all the national parks and forests, but my top picks for camping are:

Inyo National Forest a lot. If you go in (from West to East) off of the 395 toward Glacier Lodge...great hiking, camping, amazing glacial lakes, lowest glacier in the 50 states. You can easily day trip or camp for days. There are a few big "hill climbs"...depending on your son's age it could be tough.

Sequoia national park and Kings Canyon...I haven't actually been there, but some of my closest friends rave about it....literally rave about it. There are some easy trails for kids.

Big Cypress National Forrest (if you like swamps and marsh lands). Flat trails, but you do have to deal with mud, mosquitos, snakes and alligators...these last two aren't a problems unless you decide to poke them.

Death Vally is amazing. There is so much to do there. If you go up by Wild Rose Peak to look down on the entire area. Or stay down in the valley and go out on day drives/hikes.

Do you have a particular interest? Do you prefer desert, mountains, forests...etc? Deserts...aside from Death Valley the Mojave National Preserve and Joshua Tree National Park are pretty cool, but there are deserts closer to you (Texas). Okefenokee Swamp Park, Georgia is also super.

Closer to you is Palo Duro Canyon...2nd larges canyon in the USA. You can camp, stay in cabins or day trip. Even the toughest trail isn't that bad.

I have to stop now or I will kill you with my verbose love of all of our (USA) parklands...and then there is Vancouver Island and British Columbia in Canada.

Here are two links for kids:

https://www.nationalparks.org/ook/every-kid-in-a-park

https://www.nps.gov/kids/jrrangers.cfm
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#17New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 18:54:20
@yami Said

Did they send the SWAT team in?

The FBI made the arrests.

n/a, New Mexico
#18New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 19:08:57
@chaski Said

Not sure that I follow your post totally, but I will apologize for putting all farmers, ranchers, lumber companies, etc into one category.

I actually do believe that most farmers, ranchers, lumber companies are good people and typically have every right to post signs and put up fences to keep people off of their property. Many have legal contracts with the government so that the government's land is effectively the farmers', ranchers', lumber companies' got business purposes.

I probably should have been more clear in my post.

Please accept my apology.

If you are not one of the 'tards' n apology needed.
I happen to know for a fat that when a rancher has a lease on public lands , those lands remain public and can not be fenced in .
It is a huge case of BS for a rancher to hold a lease on public lands . And in general it's those who have n clue about conservation or land management or living within their means , that will take on the BS of holding a lease on public lands.
I will try to explain.
When a rancher owns x amount of ranch then he needs to learn how to rotate his pastures so they don't become over grazed , he needs t learn abut water conservation so all hi pastures have a year round source of water and he needs t live within his means or he can go to the bank and use his deeded land to borrow money to buy lots and lots of animals then go take a lease on lots of public land and pretend he's a big times rancher dude because his bank owns lots of cows that carry his brand . And he pays though the nose for lots of land he will never own so all those cows his bank owns can run around crapping on hiking trails , be harvested by deer hunters in the fall because a cow is easier to spot , won't run from traffic and is simply gives a larger and slower moving target for those hunters who only shot two or three rounds a year.

n/a, New Mexico
#19New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 19:15:31
@shinobinoz Said

I have an issue with this too sis. Keep in mind I am not speaking of privately owned lands. First Nation's lands to start with, stolen are now considered "every american's lands" but a VERY few ranchers, & prospectors want to use old out dated policies to actually take public lands & do pretty much what they want with it. I'm sorry- but I hate seeing the big log mansion on top of a mountain that ruins the view for everyone else. The government uses public monies &builds the roads they need to access these public areas & Bundy & his ilk are trespassing & preventing usage by all others. They are nothing but squatters pissing a fit that they must pay to use public lands.
The pollution of the land is an abomination. My family tries to pick up other people's trash every day.

A rancher who's a rancher because it's a way of life they wouldn't trade for all the tea in china is way to busy managing his owned land to give public lands or reservation lands a second thought. It's those people , be they loggers, ranchers or miners , who look out over a vista of mountains and forests and see dollar signs instead of nature, that you are talking about .
Stalker

#20New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 20:04:04
@white_swan53 Said

If you are not one of the 'tards' n apology needed.

I'm probably an ass-tard, but not one of the ones you described.
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#21New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 21:02:20
@chaski Said

Do you have a particular interest? Do you prefer desert, mountains, forests...etc? Deserts...aside from Death Valley the Mojave National Preserve and Joshua Tree National Park are pretty cool, but there are deserts closer to you (Texas). Okefenokee Swamp Park, Georgia is also super.

Some of my favorite things are the mountains, lakes and trees. I do want to see the Grand Canyon but the desert stuff is not really on my list.I have hiked 50 miles on the Application Trail and want to do that with my son. I also like caves and I know that Arkansas has a few of those.
Stalker

#22New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 21:06:55
@ssnot_me Said

Some of my favorite things are the mountains, lakes and trees. .

Then you will love the Glacier Lodge area. You can stay in a cabin or campground and do day hikes, or get out there for a few days.

Here is a link with some info and photos of the North Fork Trail.

https://www.xplormor.com/expeditions/xplor-california/inyo-national-forest/big-pine-creek-north-fork-trail/

big D, Texas
#23New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 21:10:29
@chaski Said

Then you will love the Glacier Lodge area. You can stay in a cabin or campground and do day hikes, or get out there for a few days.

Here is a link with some info and photos of the North Fork Trail.

https://www.xplormor.com/expeditions/xplor-california/inyo-national-forest/big-pine-creek-north-fork-trail/

Thank you very much sir!
Stalker

#24New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 21:17:11
@ssnot_me Said

Thank you very much sir!

No problem.

Just one warning.... I had better not catch you out there hiking in a blue dress...

big D, Texas
#25New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 21:34:54
@chaski Said

No problem.

Just one warning.... I had better not catch you out there hiking in a blue dress...

Understood. But they do provide nice air-conditioning on those hot day hikes.

n/a, New Mexico
#26New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 22:27:53
@chaski Said

I already had that figured out , you didn't get all butt hurt over my descriptions or my opinions of that sort .
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#27New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 23:56:48
@white_swan53 Said

A rancher who's a rancher because it's a way of life they wouldn't trade for all the tea in china is way to busy managing his owned land to give public lands or reservation lands a second thought. It's those people , be they loggers, ranchers or miners , who look out over a vista of mountains and forests and see dollar signs instead of nature, that you are talking about .

Yes!!!!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#28New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 23:57:34
@chaski Said

Can you get ass-tards in blue?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs