United Kingdom

Thousands Of Pink Bottles Wash Up On Cornish Coast

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#16New Post! Jan 08, 2016 @ 15:27:08
I've heard that shipping containers get lost at sea all of the time.

Not just a concern for pollution.
Isn't that was Redford's boat hit in "All is Lost"?

In a few hundred years, evolution should produce an organism that feeds on plastic... if our scientists haven't already done so in the lab.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Jan 08, 2016 @ 15:42:39
i saw the movie " all is lost " ( i give the movie 3 stars out of 4 stars. ) i do remember about the two passing ships, but i don't remember what names of the ships or from.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jan 08, 2016 @ 20:03:49
@Hitting40 Said

News reports, say very few were unsealed. So the vast majority are still in tact.
There's volunteers collecting them in as they wash up.
So luckily there doesnt seem to be that much of an effect on the environment.

the lucky people of cornwall will have stain free cloths for months though

I read an article that they were trying to encourage people from taking it. Ha, can't see that happening!
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#19New Post! Jan 08, 2016 @ 23:56:19
@Silver_Lining Said

I read an article that they were trying to encourage people from taking it. Ha, can't see that happening!

It makes me think of this..

Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#20New Post! Jan 09, 2016 @ 13:02:03
@Silver_Lining Said

Yeah, i don't see what harm their doing myself.
The beach gets cleaned up, the people get free cleaner and then the bottles are recycled. All at no one's expense.
Officials say it's because they need to go for testing, to see whether there's any risk to the people using it. I'd like to think it was tested before it was manufactured and sold though.

Anyway looks like the bottles will continue to vanish

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Jan 09, 2016 @ 13:17:15
agree with you. i don't see the harm with little soap behind the fish's ears. it probably the chemicals and dye in the soap can harm the fishes.

also, people will take the laundry to the ocean, and wash the clothes. nobody want see white rednecks trailer park trash beat laundry on the side of rocks. in america, our white redneck trailers, rednecks put the wet clothes hang on lines in our national parks. so disgusting.
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jan 09, 2016 @ 22:39:12
@twilitezone911 Said

agree with you. i don't see the harm with little soap behind the fish's ears. it probably the chemicals and dye in the soap can harm the fishes.

also, people will take the laundry to the ocean, and wash the clothes. nobody want see white rednecks trailer park trash beat laundry on the side of rocks. in america, our white redneck trailers, rednecks put the wet clothes hang on lines in our national parks. so disgusting.

They need to wash up on the beaches of North Korea, as the people there often wash themselves and their clothes in the rivers and seas.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#23New Post! Jan 09, 2016 @ 22:44:35
@yami Said

They need to wash up on the beaches of North Korea, as the people there often wash themselves and their clothes in the rivers and seas.

these places that need washing machines and dryers never get them, let stop send foods to these countries. and sent them, washers and dryers, and then send in chinese laundry outlets. then they are culture like western world.
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Jan 09, 2016 @ 22:45:48
@twilitezone911 Said

these places that need washing machines and dryers never get them, let stop send foods to these countries. and sent them, washers and dryers, and then send in chinese laundry outlets. then they are culture like western world.

Makes sense, modernize them and when these good break down they will need an economy that will fix them.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#25New Post! Jan 10, 2016 @ 15:59:57
@Hitting40 Said

News reports, say very few were unsealed. So the vast majority are still in tact.

This is really very good news , It only takes a few drops of soap in a 20 gallon tank to kill any and all fish in the tank.
I worked at a tropical fish warehouse ( they supplied the pet stores with all things fish related ) as a tank maintainer and that is the first 'rule ' and most repeated rule of the job .
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#26New Post! Jan 10, 2016 @ 16:06:20
@white_swan53 Said

This is really very good news , It only takes a few drops of soap in a 20 gallon tank to kill any and all fish in the tank.
I worked at a tropical fish warehouse ( they supplied the pet stores with all things fish related ) as a tank maintainer and that is the first 'rule ' and most repeated rule of the job .

Yeah we always had fish as kids in huge tanks built into the wall.
My dad wouldn't go near them with detergent for the same reason.

Luckily they've stated there is very little concern for the surrounding wildlife, at this point.
So no harm done, hopefully.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs