Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...11 12 13
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#181New Post! Jan 15, 2016 @ 02:49:19
@shinobinoz Said

We aren't get along too well these days. I doubt he'll be coming with me anytime soon!

@white_swan53 Said

BYOB isn't a 'he', it's a reaction .

@DuLu Said

Could be a 'he', a different way of spelling Bob

Or a particular poster at TFS.....
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#182New Post! Jan 15, 2016 @ 03:35:41
yup, yup, good old Byob!

@shinobinoz Said

Or a particular poster at TFS.....
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#183New Post! Jan 15, 2016 @ 07:11:47
B bring
Y your
O own
B booze, bottle or bag
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#184New Post! Jan 15, 2016 @ 08:33:32
@Eaglebauer Said

Credits?

Ooopsie.....I made a human error! Off with my head!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#185New Post! Jan 15, 2016 @ 13:04:18
@Spinkiegirl Said

Ooopsie.....I made a human error! Off with my head!

Gotta watch out for the Queen 'o Hearts!
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#186New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 00:44:53
@DuLu Said

Could be a 'he', a different way of spelling Bob

I think we all know what byob actually means....but if you read it as a word it does kinda sound like Carol Channing saying the name "Bob."

Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#189New Post! Jan 18, 2016 @ 17:31:28
At the risk of coming under attack for posting in "News & Current Events" RECENTLY RE-DISCOVERED historical facts:

"Indian slavery disappeared from post-World War I scholarship, writes Newell, as historians “reconstructed the compelling narrative of the Puritan migration…. Many of these works stressed the uniqueness of New England culture and sought there the origins of American exceptionalism.”

While she was researching her first book, From Dependency to Independence: Economic Revolution in Colonial New England, Newell says, she stumbled across a list of American Indian slaves in Massachusetts Bay Colony. She was surprised, having understood, as did most everyone else, that New England colonists neither needed nor wanted American Indian slave labor—Indians didn’t make good slaves, they ran away, they had disappeared.

But the enslavement of the Indigenous Peoples of New England was integral to the very fabric of colonial life even as early as the 1620s, says Newell. The colonial economy depended on slavery, many well-to-do households functioned only because of slavery, early colonial legal codes were devised to justify slavery and the Pequot War and King Philip’s War were fought in large measure to perpetuate slavery."
Read more at https://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2016/01/18/american-indian-slavery-sinners-and-secrets-brethren-nature-163054
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#190New Post! Jan 18, 2016 @ 17:42:43
@white_swan53 Said

B bring
Y your
O own
B booze, bottle or bag

I thought it meant bring your own dog...
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#191New Post! Jan 18, 2016 @ 17:45:49
@chaski Said

I thought it meant bring your own dog...

Yeah, could be boobs, babe, baby, basset hound, bazooka, bubblegum, you got it.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#192New Post! Jan 19, 2016 @ 01:58:41
@shinobinoz Said

At the risk of coming under attack for posting in "News & Current Events" RECENTLY RE-DISCOVERED historical facts:

"Indian slavery disappeared from post-World War I scholarship, writes Newell, as historians “reconstructed the compelling narrative of the Puritan migration…. Many of these works stressed the uniqueness of New England culture and sought there the origins of American exceptionalism.”

While she was researching her first book, From Dependency to Independence: Economic Revolution in Colonial New England, Newell says, she stumbled across a list of American Indian slaves in Massachusetts Bay Colony. She was surprised, having understood, as did most everyone else, that New England colonists neither needed nor wanted American Indian slave labor—Indians didn’t make good slaves, they ran away, they had disappeared.

But the enslavement of the Indigenous Peoples of New England was integral to the very fabric of colonial life even as early as the 1620s, says Newell. The colonial economy depended on slavery, many well-to-do households functioned only because of slavery, early colonial legal codes were devised to justify slavery and the Pequot War and King Philip’s War were fought in large measure to perpetuate slavery."
Read more at https://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2016/01/18/american-indian-slavery-sinners-and-secrets-brethren-nature-163054

It would probably be a safe assumption that if native Americans had worked out as slaves , the African slave trade wouldn't have been the profitable trade that it became in North America . This of course changes nothing as far as what is shown to be terrible, when the light that history sheds on the acts of the white European people against both the Native Americans and the African slaves.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#193New Post! Jan 19, 2016 @ 02:17:59
@white_swan53 Said

It would probably be a safe assumption that if native Americans had worked out as slaves , the African slave trade wouldn't have been the profitable trade that it became in North America . This of course changes nothing as far as what is shown to be terrible, when the light that history sheds on the acts of the white European people against both the Native Americans and the African slaves.

Most likely.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#194New Post! Jan 28, 2016 @ 04:19:24
Still more of the ethnic cleansing & genocide coming to light---- finally!

"Although the scale of enslavement pales in comparison to the African slave trade in general, it is notable that from 1670 to 1717, far more American Indians were exported from Charleston as slaves – than Africans were imported as slaves. Scholars have long known about the Indian slave trade, but the scattered nature of the sources deterred a systematic examination. No one had any conception of the trade’s massive extent and that it played such a central role in the lives of early Americans and in the colonial economy."
https://lastrealindians.com/the-unknown-native-americanamerindian-slave-trade-and-the-hidden-native-americanamerindian-ancestry-in-barbados-and-the-barbados-guyana-lokono-arawak-origins-of-the-infamous-salem-witch-trials/
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...11 12 13

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs