Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Religion

Fight over religion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
LadyFoxx On April 05, 2016

El Paso, Texas
#1New Post! Dec 16, 2015 @ 20:57:10
Me & my stepmom my have been fighting over religious views & the holidays are making things very hard. I 'am a pagan & she is a devoted catholic things have always been crazy around the house but now they are explosive because she wants to make me into a Christian. My dad just wants peace around the house but my stepmom will not have any of it. I do not even know why my dad had to marry this pushy woman with her troubled son who drinks & is kind of a pervert. Unfortunate for me my dad is sick so they take advantage of him.
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#2New Post! Dec 16, 2015 @ 21:11:15
@LadyFoxx Said

Me & my stepmom my have been fighting over religious views & the holidays are making things very hard. I 'am a pagan & she is a devoted catholic things have always been crazy around the house but now they are explosive because she wants to make me into a Christian. My dad just wants peace around the house but my stepmom will not have any of it. I do not even know why my dad had to marry this pushy woman with her troubled son who drinks & is kind of a pervert. Unfortunate for me my dad is sick so they take advantage of him.

Very sorry to hear you are going through that kind of thing at home. What you are dealing with is one of the main reasons I dislike religion of any kind. Most of the time, it gets forced on the people that either don't believe the same thing or want nothing to do with it.

Not sure I have any good advice on this. The only things I can think of is to 'pretend' and keep the peace or make your stand and say no to being converted. I would say moving out is the best option, but I don't know your full situation.

El Paso, Texas
#3New Post! Dec 16, 2015 @ 21:16:23
Stepmom & dad have been married since I was 9 years old they found each other through somebody they both know. I know for a fact that her son is a because when I turned 10 he started paying more attention to me & sometimes when I was home alone with him during my dad's medical emergencies he would touch me & kiss on me/take disgusting pictures of me & sometimes more happened. Now that I 'am 16 I can protect myself from him so I do not go places & his relatives he might be around. I have told my dad about it years ago but he does not believe me because he is her son.

El Paso, Texas
#4New Post! Dec 16, 2015 @ 21:24:54
I have been talking to my birth mother about my situation at home/bully at school but my is fighting cancer. That is the only reason she started talking all these years after she divorced my dad to marry some guy she was having an affair with. My family is so crazy that sometimes I feel like I 'am going to have a breakdown.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Dec 16, 2015 @ 21:32:14
Are you saying you are "Pagan" or is that what your SM is calling you?
What is the / your current definition of Pagan.

I understood it as just something non-christian / mainstream.

Do you follow Wicca or some other nature-type belief system?

Or are you atheist or agnostic?

I ask because many times those terms are confused and mixed up and it's hard to answer appropriately if a word has been substituted with another definition.
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#6New Post! Dec 16, 2015 @ 21:34:38
If all that was going on in my family I would prob feel the same way. Seems like you are on the outside looking in at the craziness. Too bad they are sucking you into it.

Find ways to keep your mind about you. Talk to friends that you trust, read to get a mental break. Keep a perspective that grounds you. I tend to find that if I look at what is going on in my life and then think about problems that other people have, it makes me laugh at how insignificant the issues that I am dealing with are.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#7New Post! Dec 16, 2015 @ 21:39:08
Unfortunately since you aren't 18 and still live with them and they care and provide for you, you don't have much options. Put the angst away and go with the flow. Only 2 more Christmases and you won't have to deal with it anymore.

Report the step brother. what he did was wrong.

I'm not christian, but when I was your age my parents tried to get me to into church. I went to church and looked at it as a lesson. The bible is going to come up throughout your life, use attending church as a study in religion. It will really help you understand paganism and trust me, you will find similarities.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Dec 16, 2015 @ 23:51:03
I never understand all the different religion stuff other cultures have. I like being a jew, because it more free how you want to be raise. I do believe in the tradition things in judasism. or our religion is more open and free will. I mean you are not force to believe everything or you don't raise your family in a certain way in judasism.

If i raise my kids with tradition things in judasism, let them understand what is to be a jew. not force to within things in my religion, if they want pursuit more things, I wouldn't mind that. it help them to be a better person in life, go for it.

I don't have children myself. but, I have 3 nieces that learn the tradition of judasism.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Dec 17, 2015 @ 01:38:59
@floydgirrl Said

I'm not christian, but when I was your age my parents tried to get me to into church. I went to church and looked at it as a lesson. The bible is going to come up throughout your life, use attending church as a study in religion. It will really help you understand paganism and trust me, you will find similarities.

Ha!
While I was going to "Confirmation Class" .. which I understand now is a Protestant's version of PSR for Catholics ... I learned enough to question much and just treat it as a History class.
.. And properly learned that I was Agnostic, not Atheist! (or Pagan...though I did explore some Wicca stuff)

I really dug some of the stuff I learned about Greek Religion too ...aka Mythology
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#10New Post! Dec 17, 2015 @ 14:23:08
@mrmhead Said

Ha!
While I was going to "Confirmation Class" .. which I understand now is a Protestant's version of PSR for Catholics ... I learned enough to question much and just treat it as a History class.
.. And properly learned that I was Agnostic, not Atheist! (or Pagan...though I did explore some Wicca stuff)

I really dug some of the stuff I learned about Greek Religion too ...aka Mythology

Right, I was more keen on it because I looked at it from an educational view rather than they're trying to force me to believe in something I don't.

Also helps to look at things from different points of view and will help you understand the bigger picture a lot better.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Dec 17, 2015 @ 14:54:39
I think desperation screws up a lot of things.

Pushes people into making quick and uneducated choices.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Dec 17, 2015 @ 15:50:50
@LadyFoxx Said

I have been talking to my birth mother about my situation at home/bully at school but my is fighting cancer. That is the only reason she started talking all these years after she divorced my dad to marry some guy she was having an affair with. My family is so crazy that sometimes I feel like I 'am going to have a breakdown.

Sounds like you are the only normal one. Sty strong & as soon as able go live your life to the fullest. Don't take any crap from anyone, stand up for yourself but also do not invite conflict. If your step brother is much older than you- he was not doing normal experimentation but has broken laws. Don't let anyone force their view nor themselves on you. Seek help immediately if things are progressing from uncomfortable to unbearable or if you are ever in fear.

YOU are absolutely the BEST person for yourself! You deserve yourself. Health & Happiness to you friend.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! Dec 19, 2015 @ 09:47:38
I know quite a lot about step mothers and dads who will take their wives word over believing their own kids . My dad was married 7 times during his lifetime and 5 of those 7 times happened before I was 15 years old. All 4 step mothers came with kids of their own .
Trying to 'fight' to win in a head to head with a step mother that has your dad wrapped, is like trying to move a mountain with a teaspoon. It can't be done the cards are stacked against you.
Now trying to keep your sanity until you can legally leave , that's a little easier. When she comes at you trying to pick a fight let the words " I didn't marry her , dad did ' go around and around in your head until they drown out her BS. For one, it's true, and two it puts the responsibility for her happiness right back where it belongs on in her lap . And three, since your busy reminding your self that she isn't your responsibility you won't be playing into her picking a fight.
You said something about your dad being sick and her and her child molesting drunkard son are taking advantage of your dad , it sounds like her and her son are doing all they can to make sure you, as his legal heir, won't have anything to inherit. There is nothing you can do about that simply because your dad and her are married.
Now about her child molesting drunkard son , the only thing worse then a child molester is one who never gets exposed as such. You need to tell someone else about his molesting you , some one who will listen to you and have him investigated .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs