Armed Black Man's Post on Traffic Stop Is Internet Smash

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#16New Post! Nov 02, 2015 @ 06:04:18
@shinobinoz Said

Thankfully- This is the majority of cops. That is not been the issue. The issue is cops that are bad.

It is also about good cops who make bad decisions often based in prejudgement of people most often people of color.

Wow, you seem to have completely missed or are ignoring the point that the armed black guy is making with his telling of the experence .
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Nov 02, 2015 @ 12:56:48
@white_swan53 Said

What sort or size of guns do cops carry now days ???

There are variations in departments, but nationwide law enforcement organizations have over the last 20 years moved towards carrying a semi-automatic pistol and away from revolvers (aka wheel guns).

At one point the 9mm was the mainstay, but presently the more popular models now are 10mm and 40 cal (which are roughly the same size).

The idea is that the 9mm doesn't have a much stopping power and the 45 cal typically either doesn't hold enough rounds and/or is too bulky. The issue ammunition (at least at the federal level) is normally Hydra-Shok (similar to a hollow point), though some do like "ball ammo" or Ball Cartridge...sometimes called full metal jacket.

The Shotgun of choice is typically something along the lines of a Remington Model 870 Mag. The ammo used ranges from buck shot to hollow point slugs.

As a side note: Regarding pistols the Feds seem to have two "schools".... the lovers of the Glock and those who prefer the SIG SAUER....not that many years ago the Navy SEALs preferred the SIG SAUER...not sure if that is still the case. Some special forces types like the Glock. I think that the Army still issues the Beretta M9 to officers when deployed....not the best choice of pistol.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#18New Post! Nov 03, 2015 @ 00:55:19
@white_swan53 Said

Wow, you seem to have completely missed or are ignoring the point that the armed black guy is making with his telling of the experence .

Sorry- that's only anecdotal. The numbers of such cases that turned south indicate a serious problem.

n/a, New Mexico
#19New Post! Nov 03, 2015 @ 03:41:59
@shinobinoz Said

Sorry- that's only anecdotal. The numbers of such cases that turned south indicate a serious problem.

Yes I realize that there is a serious problem with minority young men and cops .
I also realize that there are cops that conduct themselves in a professinal manner when doing their jobs and IMO those cops don't get enough kudo's.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#20New Post! Nov 03, 2015 @ 04:39:11
@white_swan53 Said

Yes I realize that there is a serious problem with minority young men and cops .
I also realize that there are cops that conduct themselves in a professinal manner when doing their jobs and IMO those cops don't get enough kudo's.

True at that!
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Nov 03, 2015 @ 11:51:14
@white_swan53 Said

Okay,
But which kind of the kaboom ones istheir favorites ?

.38's ,9 mm's , I really don 't have a clue about cops and their firearms. I don't watch TV , and the most recent cop movie I seen was a dirty harry one . and that's older then dirt ,in context of movies .

The most common sidearm for a cop nowadays is a .40 caliber semiauto. Police cruisers are often further equipped with either a pump action shotgun or possibly assault rifles (AR-15s are very common in the St Louis area) but these are rarely if ever taken out of their locking mechanisms.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#22New Post! Nov 03, 2015 @ 11:57:56
@chaski Said

There are variations in departments, but nationwide law enforcement organizations have over the last 20 years moved towards carrying a semi-automatic pistol and away from revolvers (aka wheel guns).

At one point the 9mm was the mainstay, but presently the more popular models now are 10mm and 40 cal (which are roughly the same size).

The idea is that the 9mm doesn't have a much stopping power and the 45 cal typically either doesn't hold enough rounds and/or is too bulky. The issue ammunition (at least at the federal level) is normally Hydra-Shok (similar to a hollow point), though some do like "ball ammo" or Ball Cartridge...sometimes called full metal jacket.

The Shotgun of choice is typically something along the lines of a Remington Model 870 Mag. The ammo used ranges from buck shot to hollow point slugs.

As a side note: Regarding pistols the Feds seem to have two "schools".... the lovers of the Glock and those who prefer the SIG SAUER....not that many years ago the Navy SEALs preferred the SIG SAUER...not sure if that is still the case. Some special forces types like the Glock. I think that the Army still issues the Beretta M9 to officers when deployed....not the best choice of pistol.

One of my handguns is a SIG P226 MK-25 (very similar to the kind used by Navy Seals) and it's an amazing firearm. You can drop it in a bucket of water for 30 minutes, pick it up and fire it. Not that that sort of thing is recommended.
busdriver On January 03, 2016

Banned

#23New Post! Nov 03, 2015 @ 13:46:27
@white_swan53 Said

guns do not go bang ,well maybe the ones in hollywood do .
.screen doors bang , you can bang pots and pans around in the kitchen , gang bangers might make banging noises ,,
but gunpowder makes more of a booming noise . like ka--boom !!! don't you ever watch the roadrunner and the coyote cartoons???

pew pew

that's the sound

especially if it's a laser gun

n/a, New Mexico
#24New Post! Nov 03, 2015 @ 16:00:30
@busdriver Said

pew pew

that's the sound

especially if it's a laser gun

Yup I agree, that what some of those weapons in the star wars movie sounds like .

Banned

#25New Post! Nov 03, 2015 @ 19:24:23
@chaski Said

@Eaglebauer Said

One of my handguns is a SIG P226 MK-25 (very similar to the kind used by Navy Seals) and it's an amazing firearm. You can drop it in a bucket of water for 30 minutes, pick it up and fire it. Not that that sort of thing is recommended.

I'll stick with the 9mm
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#26New Post! Nov 04, 2015 @ 02:41:20
@busdriver Said

I'll stick with the 9mm

Cheaper ammo.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#27New Post! Nov 05, 2015 @ 03:13:39
@busdriver Said

I'll stick with the 9mm

I'll stick with the 870 magnum...I'm surgical with that bad boy....

Banned

#28New Post! Nov 05, 2015 @ 03:21:03
@chaski Said

I'll stick with the 870 magnum...I'm surgical with that bad boy....

American classic.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs