Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#31New Post! Nov 27, 2015 @ 13:00:56
@NNewt84 Said

Either way, it completely undermines merit, which should be the sole reason why anyone should be hired.

You REALLY should be supportive of AA, if you REALLY believe in people getting to get ahead on their own merit. That IS the purpose for AA.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#32New Post! Nov 27, 2015 @ 13:02:24
@Eaglebauer Said

The problem you don't seem to understand is that saying "Women should be equal" is all well and good, but doesn't effect widespread change just like that. It isn't like as soon as modern feminists started saying they wanted equal pay and opportunities that suddenly everything was awesome and perfect for women in the work force.

In a male dominant working class, certain measures have to be taken to transition women into equal roles and compel the dominant men to comply with that transition. And guess what? Women still are not receiving the equality they deserve in large part. It is a process that western society is taking its time about, and so compulsory action taken to insure that they are given some opportunity is a good thing for them.

You seem to suffer the disillusion that affirmative action means a woman is going to get a job just because she's female. That isn't what affirmative action is though. A company does not have to hire a woman who is unqualified for a position just because she's a woman, it is geared toward placing a qualified woman in a position where she can thrive and pave the way for women in a future where there is no need for such measures.

How many times and how many people need to tell you that you are wrong before you start listening? Practically everyone who has responded to you (including myself) is a pretty well read feminist.

I linked you to a valid study with actual, hard figures...but instead of paying attention to those figures you focus on how the word "minorities" is in the title because you're too intent on not admitting that you're wrong rather than actually learning anything.

So..I guess I'm done here. Which is sad.

*Jedi hand wave* You are completely equal- now get out there & work!
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#33New Post! Nov 30, 2015 @ 13:57:07
@NNewt84 Said

Look, I'm not saying all women are lazy, and if anything in my original post indicated such, I probably just worded it wrong, and I apologise for that. I'm saying that there are millions of women who just want to go the extra mile to be as good at the job in question as they possibly can, but them being hired for being women could potentially make them think they're already perfect, and thus they won't further improve themselves.

As for women like you who actually do work on being yourselves and not letting your gender dictate your lives, I'm actually trying to support you for doing so, and I give kudos for all that. I'm just worried that millions of women sadly fall into the trap of affirmative action every day, which is not how they deserve to be treated. They should be hired simply for being good at what they do, and I know they can do that if they just try.

I don't think you have to worry about women who won't go the extra mile because they think they are perfect and got hired for being a woman. If that happens it's because they are lazy c***s and don't give a f*** about improving themselves as a person. They certainly aren't worried about you, so don't waste your time on them.

There are men who are like that as well, so no need to separate the genders
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs