News & Current Events

Civil rights concerns headline Latino farm, ranch gathering

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Oct 01, 2015 @ 02:07:47
Quote:
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Leaders of minority farm and ranching groups took aim at the U.S. Department of Agriculture on Wednesday, saying the agency hasn't done enough to address decades of discrimination and civil rights violations against Latinos and women.

The USDA did not immediately respond to questions about the claims or address the advocates' criticisms. The agency has previously acknowledged its "unfortunate and checkered history" with regards to civil rights, saying it has been working toward a cultural transformation within the agency.

Critics said that transformation has yet to happen despite there being more minorities in management positions and more federal dollars funneled to programs that serve minorities.

Of the more than 53,000 claims submitted, Zipper said just over 3,200 were approved. More than half were found not to be timely or complete, and the government took issue with more than 10,000 claims over fraud concerns that included too many claims being filed in the same community.

https://www.startjuno.com/news/read/category/News/hashtag/News/article/the_associated_press-civil_rights_concerns_headline_latino_farm_ranch_g-ap

This is such an old story here in this state.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture Finelly get so many complaints about something that it can no longer be ignored .

Quote:
More than half were found not to be timely or complete, and the government took issue with more than 10,000 claims over fraud concerns that included too many claims being filed in the same community.

Quote:
Many of the discrimination complaints stemmed from the same time period and involved the same USDA offices

https://www.startjuno.com/news/read/category/News/hashtag/News/article/the_associated_press-civil_rights_concerns_headline_latino_farm_ranch_g-ap?inc=1

The U.S. Department of Agriculture attends a gathering of citizens that all have something in common , in this case it is a gathering of the National Latino Farmers and Ranchers Trade Association , the gov. is quesioning or takes issue with the fact that there are so many complaints from the same area . Go figure , huh .
As a woman who has been involved in ranching in this state all my life , so this strikes close to home . I'm gringa , not Latina, , but discrimination is still discrimination .
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#2New Post! Oct 04, 2015 @ 14:29:10
We are headlong rushing deeper into new robber baron era!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#3New Post! Oct 05, 2015 @ 17:22:54
Latinos can't grow things.
look at Mexico!!!

and gals belong in the kitchen, not trying to be a man.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Oct 05, 2015 @ 22:40:47
@Willi Said

Latinos can't grow things.
look at Mexico!!!

and gals belong in the kitchen, not trying to be a man.

This is me pointing and laughing at you ...

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/i45/5/12/14/tfs_a67a780f63.gif">

because you are funny
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Oct 05, 2015 @ 23:45:11
@white_swan53 Said

This is me pointing and laughing at you ...

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/i45/5/12/14/tfs_a67a780f63.gif">

because you are funny

LOL
thanks.
I try. LOL
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Oct 06, 2015 @ 01:39:11

every year, you tell me the same thing, buster, I am still here!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs