AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#16New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 18:56:09
@chaski Said

Sorry...I'm just making fun of the Trump position re "Mexicans"...of course I assume that some of them are good people...

lol I know, it was a trump joke I'm not offended
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#17New Post! Aug 16, 2015 @ 21:21:12
@Deal_With_It Said

Well, I'm hoping that women are smart enough to not let one view sway them from possibly voting for a better president than we have now. If I were to eliminate a candidate because we disagreed on only one subject I couldn't vote for any of them.

It's not just one issue though. Abortion and abortion rights affect many different elements within in a society. Economics and health care are two of the main big ones. Societies where women have complete access to reproductive health care have better economies. Societies that ban abortions have to spend upwards of 50% of their female health care budget dealing with the effects of botched abortions.

Then there is that whole human rights thing. If a person does not believe in full human rights for a living breathing woman, including bodily autonomy, then I really can't say that I believe they are going to be able to make good decisions for just over half of the population. Call it a gut instinct.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#18New Post! Aug 16, 2015 @ 21:33:25
@LuckyCharms Said

It's not just one issue though. Abortion and abortion rights affect many different elements within in a society. Economics and health care are two of the main big ones. Societies where women have complete access to reproductive health care have better economies. Societies that ban abortions have to spend upwards of 50% of their female health care budget dealing with the effects of botched abortions.

Then there is that whole human rights thing. If a person does not believe in full human rights for a living breathing woman, including bodily autonomy, then I really can't say that I believe they are going to be able to make good decisions for just over half of the population. Call it a gut instinct.

True that. Pro-choice is voting for a multitude of issues. Pro-life IS the single issue issue.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs