Cornwall Devolution - This Is Just The Start

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#31New Post! Jul 21, 2015 @ 18:14:15
@DorkySupergirl Said

We follow British structure here. However, I have no idea if this topic is good or bad.

Hi DSG, good to see you, as it's been a while. Hope all is well.

Yeah, I suppose I could try and figure it out, but the problem is that with links or pictures included in posts on TFS, since I only use my phone now for anything internet related, the posts often run off the screen with no remedy for scrolling. So I gave up.

Doesn't sound very relevant to anything anyways since nobody can figure it out.
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Jul 21, 2015 @ 19:28:51
@Leon Said

Yeah, I suppose I could try and figure it out, but the problem is that with links or pictures included in posts on TFS, since I only use my phone now for anything internet related, the posts often run off the screen with no remedy for scrolling. So I gave up.

Think of it like this, it's the same as giving Alaska self-government. Yes, it really is that unimportant.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#33New Post! Jul 21, 2015 @ 19:51:38
@yami Said

Think of it like this, it's the same as giving Alaska self-government. Yes, it really is that unimportant.

Even if they made Yorkshire self goverment. Would it really matter.

My daily routine would probably still be the same.

Before enlightenment:
Chop wood, carry water

After enlightenment:
Chop wood, carry water
chaski On about 15 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#34New Post! Jul 21, 2015 @ 21:58:06
@boxer Said

We should start the cheese standard.. Then Wisconsin and Vermont would have all the power.

@DiscordTiger Said

California has all the happy cheese.

Florida has a lot of cheesy people.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#35New Post! Jul 21, 2015 @ 22:13:38
@Leon Said

Yes, it has been awhile. Great to see you here again. I hope you're doing well.

It's unimportant rambling.
Dredd On August 16, 2015

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Jul 21, 2015 @ 22:20:04
No, but your more likely to get an affordable hit or some afghani brown
or a 3 litre bottle of diamond white for less than 2 quid. Which you can then use as a pipe to take some fine columbian if you really wanted.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#37New Post! Jul 21, 2015 @ 22:27:09
@yami Said

Probably a poor analogy, as giving Alaska self-government would mean giving all states such rights, not just Alaska. It would be strange and unheard of here to grant one state rights but not the others. As far as significance, that would depend on what areas of self-government that would be. If it is just transportation issues, then it would not be so much of a big issue since states pretty much already take care of that on their own. In fact, there is a lot that states take care of on their own anyways.
LordGnome On February 24, 2017

Dayn Sayth, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Jul 22, 2015 @ 13:42:30
I have a holiday home down in Cornwall. Cost me a packet but it will be nice to retire to in a few years time. Lovely people the Cornish and its probably the loveliest part of the country. i wouldnt want to learn the language though, its too much like welsh. i feel a bit guilty about owning a property there that we stay in only two or three times a year but it was too good to pass up. I am sure the Cornish will do something about incomers in the future. that must surely be on their agenda.

Being serious about this topic its important i think to give the Cornish some say over their own affairs. they suffer dreadfully from lack of investment by central government but somehow manage to not only keep their heads above water but prosper. The county is a net food producer for britain so if they are given more power to control the price of their produce they might not be so completely screwed over by the big players. Not only this but if they get control over their own education programmes there will undoubtedly be an increase in Cornish identity which could lead in time to increased nationalism. In twenty years they could be having a referendum like the scots especially if they have made their economy strong. Cornish devolution is no joke and the OP, who lives there would know that i should think. Strange that she is silent since making the original post.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs