Irish Referendum Votes "Yes" To Gay Marriage

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#16New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 14:47:10
@Sparklegirl Said

It can be quite infuriating. Not being that way inclined, I am not going to marry another woman so why would I possibly say its wrong for two other ladies/gents to marry just because its not my inclination. To me, it is not a choice- I never woke up one day and decided I was going to fancy men, it happened naturally because I was born that way.

My religion is very important to me, it is not something that I like to discuss, it is very personal to me and prefer to keep it private but I would never use it as an excuse to tell other people how to live their lives. Sometimes I have encountered being looked on less favourably by a small minority of the gay community because of my religion as they have had poor treatment before. Not tarring everyone with the same brush would be good- not all religious people are extremists and against what they dont experience themselves. Having said that, I do know some friends who can happily combine being gay with religious belief

People are always shocked that I fully support euthanasia- as you say when they are of sound mind and not when families get bored of relatives so bump them off. I think they are more surprised when they hear that I am not in favour of abortion as these two typically go hand in hand

Always interesting to see the reaction of people when I say I am all in favour of euthanasia and feel that the laws need to be changed to allow people to carry out their last wishes and their families can support that without fear of reprisals

Perhaps we're current Cheistians, Cheistians 2.0 where we advanced in our thinking. Lol
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#17New Post! May 27, 2015 @ 09:01:33
@DorkySupergirl Said

Perhaps we're current Cheistians, Cheistians 2.0 where we advanced in our thinking. Lol

Haha I like Christian v2.0 makes me giggle. I have always been of the mind if its not hurting someone or doing something illegal that will cause harm to somebody then live and let live. Unless it involves someone trying to take my food- I absolutely will not tolerate that!

Dont like the idea of gay marriage- dont marry someone gay, simple enough! I hate mushrooms, really cant stand the little buggers so I plod along in my daily life just not eating them. They dont cause me distress when others eat them, but I know they are not for me. So I chose not to eat them- why people cant cope with the idea of not liking something but still having to force their opinion is beyond me. Not that I am comparing gay marriage to a mushroom (Colleen Nolan has made enough ridiculous comparisons I feel)

, Canada
#18New Post! May 27, 2015 @ 20:01:02
@Sparklegirl Said

Haha I like Christian v2.0 makes me giggle. I have always been of the mind if its not hurting someone or doing something illegal that will cause harm to somebody then live and let live. Unless it involves someone trying to take my food- I absolutely will not tolerate that!

Dont like the idea of gay marriage- dont marry someone gay, simple enough! I hate mushrooms, really cant stand the little buggers so I plod along in my daily life just not eating them. They dont cause me distress when others eat them, but I know they are not for me. So I chose not to eat them- why people cant cope with the idea of not liking something but still having to force their opinion is beyond me. Not that I am comparing gay marriage to a mushroom (Colleen Nolan has made enough ridiculous comparisons I feel)

I think it's a perfect analogy. I can't eat certain food but that does not mean you can't have it.

People need to realize Jesus never once condemned homosexuality, not once. There is talk about it just like women are not suppose to talk in church meetings, they are suppose to have their heads covered in church, we are not to mark our bodies with tattoos, no premarital sex, no affairs. Imagine someone going after all so other things. We'd all be stoned to death but nope, they pick the one thing they see as a sin, homosexuality and target that. It's rather head shaking.

If I'm wrong about gay marriage being okay, I'll find out the day I meet God but until then, I chose to love as Jesus said loving each other is the important thing. He did not stutter and say but not the gays, but not the transgendered, but not...he just said love one another. Some people make this difficult for me because they're jerks but I'll never hate based on a lifestyle.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#19New Post! May 28, 2015 @ 09:03:09
@DorkySupergirl Said

I think it's a perfect analogy. I can't eat certain food but that does not mean you can't have it.

People need to realize Jesus never once condemned homosexuality, not once. There is talk about it just like women are not suppose to talk in church meetings, they are suppose to have their heads covered in church, we are not to mark our bodies with tattoos, no premarital sex, no affairs. Imagine someone going after all so other things. We'd all be stoned to death but nope, they pick the one thing they see as a sin, homosexuality and target that. It's rather head shaking.

If I'm wrong about gay marriage being okay, I'll find out the day I meet God but until then, I chose to love as Jesus said loving each other is the important thing. He did not stutter and say but not the gays, but not the transgendered, but not...he just said love one another. Some people make this difficult for me because they're jerks but I'll never hate based on a lifestyle.

So very true. Haha indeed- I know some people who are horrendous individuals, some are gay some are straight. I do not care who anybody wants to sleep with as long as they are not hurting anybody so unless they are trying to force me into sex, why on earth would I tell someone they are making the wrong choice?!

We will be sat together in the naughty corner if when the time comes we find out that God really thinks we are wrong but at least we will be together!

, Canada
#20New Post! May 28, 2015 @ 13:53:56
@Sparklegirl Said

So very true. Haha indeed- I know some people who are horrendous individuals, some are gay some are straight. I do not care who anybody wants to sleep with as long as they are not hurting anybody so unless they are trying to force me into sex, why on earth would I tell someone they are making the wrong choice?!

We will be sat together in the naughty corner if when the time comes we find out that God really thinks we are wrong but at least we will be together!

I think even if we are wrong, which I doubt, we're in less trouble then the ones who were right but hated and persecuted.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jun 03, 2015 @ 08:56:36
@DorkySupergirl Said

I think even if we are wrong, which I doubt, we're in less trouble then the ones who were right but hated and persecuted.

Yes, very true!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs