UK Elections & Politics

UKIP

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 06, 2015 @ 15:43:19
All they want to do is preserve British culture and make sure that British politicians make laws for the British people.
What is wrong with that??
Its not about being against any foreigner etc as anyone would be welcome to come, provided they are willing to accept the British way of life and make a contribution to our society.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! May 06, 2015 @ 16:34:36
Whereas in the US, the politicians generally want to make laws that benefit the politicians, "1%'ers" and corporations that put them in office and keep them there.
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 06, 2015 @ 17:55:39
@yami Said

All they want to do is preserve British culture and make sure that British politicians make laws for the British people.
What is wrong with that??
Its not about being against any foreigner etc as anyone would be welcome to come, provided they are willing to accept the British way of life and make a contribution to our society.

I think UKIP will do quite well this election, although unfortunately I don't think they'll win, I don't think they'll embarrass themselves either.
I reckon after this election the Tories and Labour will be looking nervously over their shoulder, and whilst UKIP might not come close to winning this election I reckon they'll be close enough to start worrying the big 2 next election.

I think a lot of people have seen more then enough of the mess both Labour and the Tories have achieved between themselves over the past couple of decade's and finally want a change, its interesting hearing other parties trying to paint UKIP with the racism brush to put off voters, sounds like desperation to me.

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#4New Post! May 07, 2015 @ 09:36:12
If you want to save the UK and preserve our way of life then vote UKIP today!!!!
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#5New Post! May 07, 2015 @ 11:39:02
@yami Said

If you want to save the UK and preserve our way of life then vote UKIP today!!!!

Well, apparently you don't have the "South London Condescending Lesbian" vote.. Fortunately, that's only 5 or 6 people, so it shouldn't be too bad for you.

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 07, 2015 @ 11:49:20
@boxer Said

Well, apparently you don't have the "South London Condescending Lesbian" vote.. Fortunately, that's only 5 or 6 people, so it shouldn't be too bad for you.

The way I see it is if your gay your gay and it shouldn't be an issue.
I don't like those that march and say I'm gay and if you don't like it I'm going to give you a knuckle sandwich!
I'm like, just get on with your life it's not an issue.
But understand there are many in the party that have a problem, which is dumb as you can't win without the gay vote.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#7New Post! May 07, 2015 @ 11:57:19
@yami Said

The way I see it is if your gay your gay and it shouldn't be an issue.
I don't like those that march and say I'm gay and if you don't like it I'm going to give you a knuckle sandwich!
I'm like, just get on with your life it's not an issue.
But understand there are many in the party that have a problem, which is dumb as you can't win without the gay vote.

Lucky for you, the "gay" vote is completely different from the "south london condescending lesbian" vote.
LordGnome On February 24, 2017

Dayn Sayth, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 08, 2015 @ 11:25:21
Ukip got a bit duffed up at the polls. it looks like the tory voters who might have voted ukip decided to stay tory after all because they were scared that it might let labour in by the back door and cause a coalition with the scottish nationalists. ukip got 16% of the votes and only one seat. even nigel farage couldnt win so if he is true to his word he will resign the leadership and who knows where ukip will go from there. nigel farage IS ukip. we dont have a gay vote here in ye olde merrye englande. we just have gay people who vote the same as everybody else.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#9New Post! May 08, 2015 @ 11:51:53
@LordGnome Said

Ukip got a bit duffed up at the polls. it looks like the tory voters who might have voted ukip decided to stay tory after all because they were scared that it might let labour in by the back door and cause a coalition with the scottish nationalists. ukip got 16% of the votes and only one seat. even nigel farage couldnt win so if he is true to his word he will resign the leadership and who knows where ukip will go from there. nigel farage IS ukip. we dont have a gay vote here in ye olde merrye englande. we just have gay people who vote the same as everybody else.

We don't have a gay vote here in the states either. Granted, gays and lesbians generally will vote for a more socially liberal candidate over a socially conservative one, but those terms are subjective, so my socially liberal candidate might be seen by someone else as a raging conservative..

We do like to pretend that we vote as one huge block though, just because it scares the evangelical christians.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs