Psychology

Confidence revisited with a bit of entitlement thrown in

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#1New Post! Feb 16, 2015 @ 23:32:42
OK, I believe everyone should have core confidence. And I believe everyone is capable of it.

However is there a line when it becomes entitlement (not to the extent Im talking about either). Which I know I can have at times but I do not believe its a trait to develop or be proud of.

Anyway (extreme) entitlemnt or a lot of confidence can lead to the same results.

Is there actually a difference. I think I can tell the difference but is it that obvious all the time?

Take for example there is a job offer. You have two people:

Person A believes he is entitled for whatever reason, so he has a lot of belief.

Person B is very confident he can get it so he has a lot of self belief.

I guess for getting from Point A to Point B, neither is right or wrong. They achieve the goal.

However I think the main difference is how you treat those you class as "friends", a confident person should still have respect for friends.

Where as an entitled person will feel entitled so wont really care about their friend.

I guess if you truly dont want friends then entitlement again isn't a bad thing, but if you do want friends especially friends that respect you, then it is the wrong attitude to have amongst your friends.

Especially not one you should boast about either.

And the thing is if they are boasting a lot they are over compensating for something, so they are not truly happy. So cant even be happy that they are happy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs