Existence

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#61New Post! Jan 25, 2015 @ 00:17:14
@twilitezone911 Said

what if when you look into a mirror image, but you are still are the mirror facing yourself. what if the refection is your existence? i mean you never really are out of the mirror, your existence is the mirror itself. is your refection or even you looking in the mirror real? something that has been made up by something, we can't see?

I know myself better than what a possible mirror is reflecting.

The "made up reflection" bit is just dogma from those suggesting that we're the fault of the holocaust (and other such travesties) even though we were born after it - not any sort of devil's trick actually in place.

Most constructively and one thing I am positive about is that I am not the only autonomous entity in this environment (obviously) so hearing about a school shooting or mass murder on the TV isn't a reflection of your soul's inner desires. It's just simply someone else using their own (independent) autonomy poorly.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#62New Post! Jan 25, 2015 @ 02:25:50
@chaski Said

Now there's a thought...

If we are actually the reflection in the mirror, that means that the mirror "reflects" more than just the reverse image of the subject (us...or them), but would presumably also reflect the reverse inner thinking of the image.

As we look in the mirror we can perhaps be happy that we are not our own evil doppelgänger Jabberwocky self....or can we...?

<<chuckle>>
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#63New Post! Jan 25, 2015 @ 13:27:27
@Erimitus Said

Eagle:

On Thought:

Thought is a mechanism of a physical mind that generates a non-corporeal response to a corporeal stimulus.

Erimitus:

~ Assuming Dualism (and I don't) there are both physical and the non-physical aspects to being. The brain/nervous system is physical. The mind is non-physical. (is that correct?)

If I understand correctly the physical aspect of being (i.e. brain *see note) generates/causes/produces) an a non-physical response to a physical stimulus (i.e. sensory data). (is that correct?)

Is thought physical, non-physical, or both?

Can the non-physical exist without the physical?

Can the physical exist without the non-physical? (tree falls in the woods)

Can the physical and non-physical aspects of being exist independently?

Note* everything else physical (body) is just an adjunct to serve the brain.

Not ignoring...long weekend.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#64New Post! Feb 06, 2015 @ 00:00:14
So for several days I was able to sometimes recognize within my dreams that I was dreaming.

When that happened I wouldn't change the scene to my demand, but I would roll along with the knowledge.

So in this one carnival/fair-like atmosphere / scene, I stopped to talk to a guy working in a shed - he was like a mechanic or craftsman (blacksmith?) or something...

A little bit of chat, and I asked him "What if you only exist within my dream?"
I don't recall the details of the conversation, but our pleasantries went down hill from there. He wasn't too happy, and I was just chuckling inside.

Silly Man! Look At You Now!!
Bwhahahahahaaa

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#65New Post! Feb 06, 2015 @ 00:27:25
speaking of dreaming, in my late teen through thirty, i had a time that when i remember a dream, i couldn't remember if it something dreamt about, or a daydreaming.
i had deja vu many of them, not weird or medical problems, not crazy. i kept remember things , but i could if it was from a dream, it real happen. these days, i am lucky i can remember a dream, once awhile i can. anyway, is dreaming another part of existing. i mean dreaming an extending of our existence that subconscience that we aren't aware of it. because our conscience mind can't accept, because it doesn't exist. but only in our dreams.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs