The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Homosexuality

The only way I’m trying to influence people is to be more kind and compassionate with one another

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#121New Post! Jan 29, 2015 @ 22:55:24
@Hypnotica Said

Yeah you have lost me now.

On a serious note I always strive for more, what ever I do I tell myself its not good enough and that Im capable of more.

Inside, Im never satisfied.

Exactly.

Embrace your humanity.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#122New Post! Jan 29, 2015 @ 23:56:37
@Hypnotica Said

Well he avoided the point I raised. Is he legally allowedto marry a member of the opposite sex?

If not because of his homosexuality then yes that is discrimination. If je can then he os equal to everyone else.
Now strip out all emotion and apply logic.

Then tells me I should marry jen. Wtf does that have to do with mennot being allowed to marry women.

Show me inequality where a man has not been allowed to marry a woman and we will take it from there.

Do you really want the rest of us to pretend you're so thick that you don't understand the difference between a straight man marrying a woman and a gay man marrying a woman? Here is the difference, if you honestly, really want us to all pretend you're stupid enough to not understand it:

A straight man has the opportunity to marry a person he genuinely wants to marry. If homosexuals are not allowed to marry, then a gay man does not have the opportunity to marry a person he genuinely wants to marry.

That is what boxer was getting at with his response to you saying you should marry Jen. He was illustrating that perhaps a gay person marrying someone of e opposite sex isn't quite equitable to a straight person doing the same.

Kay?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#123New Post! Jan 30, 2015 @ 00:06:28
@Hypnotica Said

Im going to address your highlighted point.

If people who have different relationship views as me, want to live their different relationships, let them. Seriously I couldnt care less if Bill and Ben next door were at it, or emotionally attached together or what ever. Seriously, its their business.

Based on your other comments on this subject I have a hard time believing you really feel this way, because those comments are pretty contrary to what you've said here. Which is it? You have a problem with homosexuals being allowed to marry or do you not? Because at different times you've kind of said both.

Quote:
However all of my action are based on respect for a person. So if they say "Im gay this", "Im gay that", well sorry but as a straight guy, I might get and have had my head kicked in, had a knife pulled out on... etc. However I dont have this special card I can pull out. I just have to deal with the sh*t life throws at me. So do others people I know. Examples I can give you from the army are people getting bullied for no special reason other than theya re a victim. Not a lot gets done. Yet as soon as its someone who is "Homosexual". Oh as per normal, they get the special treatment, they get posted away to the unit of their choice. Is it because they are a victim, no its because theya re gay and people are scared of offending them, because of that word Discrimination.

And as to them off loading their problems onto us. Well believe ot or not, us straight guys dont have some magical command centre where we assign bullies to be violent against gays. These guys are already breaking the law, so getting me involved, WTF is that going to achieve, I have problems, I deal with them. So do the same as everyone else. Life aint nice, it aint sweet. You get hit down. Thats life.

So no I really dont have the time tp listen to the "Ghaize" or whatever new stupid name people call them. If they are a good worker, I will respect them, if they are good at some sports, I will respect them. But when they start with this, "Im gay, respect me", no sorry, Im not going to respect someone just because of sexual orientation.

And as they make a big fuss over not getting loads of respect over their orientation. I actual;ly lose respect for them. This is the reason why I have low respect. Ive been stopped on the street and asked to sign petitions. Shopping in Nottingham when Gay Pride was on was impossible as most the streets and roads were blocked. Ive gone to the "Public" park in Bournemouth where they seemed to have a gay festival every bloody week. So just walking through the park for some peace and quiet was impossible (what I thought was the whole purpose of a park, not some political staging ground).

Sure I will goto Gay Nightclubs, but I get it, its a Gay Nightclub, its their turf so yeah respect and be civil. Not a problem with that.

But when its Business As Usual, its f**king annoying. And the fact of the matter, is the church the supposed "Oppressors" do none of this, they are invisible. So guess who sticks out when its comes to f**king" up your day off.

And I know for a fact if 99 straight people got shot today and 1 gay person, the gay person would probably be on the front cover of a newspaper. Who cares about the straights when an almight Gay Godly Being gets killed.

Okay...this is very simple (and for the record, most of your post has nothing whatsoever to do with what you quoted me on):

Gay people are not asking for special treatment by being allowed to marry each other. They are asking for equal treatment.

Yes, some people may play the "gay" card but that doesn't mean that there isn't actual violence based on sexual orientation. You yourself admit above that it exists. So when it happens do we just say "that's life, deal with," or is it okay say it's wrong for someone to do such a thing?

I have gay friends. I also know some gay people I cant f***ing stand and I don't respect them. Who the hell is asking you to respect someone just because he or she is a homosexual? Where has that occurred anywhere in this thread? Where have I said that anywhere at all? Come to think of it, where has anyone else?

I'm not sure where you're directing your comments, but no one is telling anyone else they have to respect someone based on sexual orientation. That would be really stupid.

For the record if you didn't know, I happen to be straight myself so I am well aware that we don't have a "magical command centre where we assign bullies" to do whatever. Again, not sure why that's relevent to anything.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#124New Post! Jan 30, 2015 @ 01:01:03
@Eaglebauer Said

Do you really want the rest of us to pretend you're so thick that you don't understand the difference between a straight man marrying a woman and a gay man marrying a woman? Here is the difference, if you honestly, really want us to all pretend you're stupid enough to not understand it:

A straight man has the opportunity to marry a person he genuinely wants to marry. If homosexuals are not allowed to marry, then a gay man does not have the opportunity to marry a person he genuinely wants to marry.

That is what boxer was getting at with his response to you saying you should marry Jen. He was illustrating that perhaps a gay person marrying someone of e opposite sex isn't quite equitable to a straight person doing the same.

Kay?

And people wonder why I almost never come around here any longer.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#125New Post! Feb 03, 2015 @ 16:51:34
@Eaglebauer Said

Based on your other comments on this subject I have a hard time believing you really feel this way, because those comments are pretty contrary to what you've said here. Which is it? You have a problem with homosexuals being allowed to marry or do you not? Because at different times you've kind of said both.

Okay...this is very simple (and for the record, most of your post has nothing whatsoever to do with what you quoted me on):

Gay people are not asking for special treatment by being allowed to marry each other. They are asking for equal treatment.

Yes, some people may play the "gay" card but that doesn't mean that there isn't actual violence based on sexual orientation. You yourself admit above that it exists. So when it happens do we just say "that's life, deal with," or is it okay say it's wrong for someone to do such a thing?

I have gay friends. I also know some gay people I cant f***ing stand and I don't respect them. Who the hell is asking you to respect someone just because he or she is a homosexual? Where has that occurred anywhere in this thread? Where have I said anywhere at all?

I'm not sure where your directing your comments, but no one is telling anyone else they have to respect someone based on sexual orientation. That would be really stupid.

For the record if you didn't know, I happen to be straight myself so I am well aware that we don't have a "magical command centre where we assign bullies" to do whatever. Again, not sure why that's relevent to anything.

Thank you for that post, Eagle. You are indeed, an astute man. I wish I had your knack for brevity, but I'm afraid I don't.

Hypnotica seems to object to Gay Pride. Well, he may have a point that in some cities, on one day a year, homosexuals hold a festival that involves some flamboyance, makes a bit of noise and causes some inconvenience to shoppers.

Other such occurrences also occur. Take military parades, for example. I don’t like them. Why should my shopping trip to Truro (or Woolwich, the home of the Royal Artillery, when I’m visiting family in London) be disrupted by the High Street being shut off, sometimes for days beforehand so the route can be security checked, for the benefit of sailors and squaddies to strut up and down in their uniforms, with their bayonets fixed. And oh… those bloody awful marching bands making such a racket..!! Disgraceful.

And the children being taken out of school, dragooned into standing in the cold and rain for something they know nothing about. They should be in their classrooms getting an education instead of being forced to stand there, bewildered by it all.

When Amanda was in uniform, she and her colleagues had to police one such event in Truro City Centre and a right pain in the butt it was to her, too. She would much rather have been out catching criminals, which is what the public would much prefer policemen and women to do, but no….. She was taken away from doing that for the day so the sailors from Culdrose Air Station could have their wee parade to show off.

Does that sound intolerant? It should. It was meant to sound like that to illustrate intolerance to Hypnotica in a way he might understand. I’m quite sure he would defend such parades, being a soldier, or ex-soldier or whatever.

The point I’m trying to make, is that we need to live and let live a little. Homosexuals exist. We’re here and we’re not going to go away. And yes, we like a party and that may cause a little civic disruption from time to time, but hell, isn’t it all just a part of life’s rich tapestry..? As many straight people enjoy watching the Pride parade as are irritated by it. In fact, the “Ghaize” are quite happy for Heteros to join in a little…. Step up and have a dance…. Join in the party…. It’s a festival…..All are welcome..!!

And yet again, his attitude illustrates the rigid, narrow minded attitude of most military men. I’ll labour the point I made elsewhere on another thread (and have done a number of times in the past): They tell us that they do what they do to maintain liberty and freedom…. a tolerant and just society.

But of course, that’s not the case. Whatever the reasons for becoming a soldier may be, they can't tell us that they want to help maintain a just, tolerant and free society and then say that sizeable section of that society shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the same civil privileges (in this case, the right to have street parades, duly authorised by local councils) just because they belong to a social grouping that he doesn't happen to like. It's either freedom FOR ALL, or it isn't freedom AT ALL.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#126New Post! Feb 03, 2015 @ 17:25:56
@Hypnotica Said

The military dosnt get involved in changing of laws unless the s**t really hits the fan.

Also in the military I think you will agree on this, you put aside disagreements and work together to get the job done.

I worked with and lived with guys, who I disagreed with on a lot of things, and they disagreed with me on a lot of things, but we could put that aside and get the job done.

Same for serving your country, it dosnt matter what my personal views are on its residents, whilst serving you are under oath, so personal views go aside.

Laso value is placed on people on their achievements and skills, not on their sexuality.

Sexuality shouldnt come into it. If someone works well in a team, then that is what matters.

Say there are two peoeple, one straight and one gay.

If they both come in and get the job done, then cool.

If one comes in and starts going on about his sexuality, which has no effect on the job or the outcome, then Im gonna get fed up of it.

It's not so very long ago that homosexuals were banned from joining the armed forces. That law wasn't changed until 1999, and then only after a very long and protracted campaign by four former service persons who had suffered appalling discrimination, summary dismissal, the loss of their jobs, rank and pension rights, all without any right of appeal.

They became known as "The Rank Outsiders".

undefined

Prior to that time, the MOD had always maintained that being homosexual was "incompatible with service life". Their position was that heterosexual men and women would refuse to serve with homosexual comrades and that to force them to do so would lead to a serious decline in morale.

In 1999, with the abolition of the ban, all three services became required to adopt Diversity Policies which set out clearly to other service personnel that homophobic discrimination is inappropriate and could lead to disciplinary action.

The RN and RAF quickly complied but the army dragged its feet for a while, until the weight of lawsuits against them for homophobic discrimination, such as the Kerry Fletcher case, forced the MOD to drag the Army kicking and screaming into compliance.

undefined

To claim that soldiers all get on together is a joke. Stories still leak out into the LGBT community of service personnel being given unfavourable postings..... bullied..... being side-lined for promotion and other allegations, most notably by the Army.

I myself once worked with a man who had been dismissed by the Navy back in the days when homosexuality was illegal in the armed forces. The tale he told of his treatment when he was found out was quite harrowing. He was treated as a common criminal although he had committed no crime. Even now, when homosexuality is legal in the armed forces, he is shunned when he goes to his local branch of the Royal British Legion. Nobody wants to know him.

Comradeship?
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#127New Post! Feb 03, 2015 @ 17:27:54
@Jennifer1984 Said

And yet again, his attitude illustrates the rigid, narrow minded attitude of most military men.

I absolutely adore it when someone generalizes about an entire group of people, because another individual generalized about them.

Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#128New Post! Feb 03, 2015 @ 18:41:04
@boxer Said

I absolutely adore it when someone generalizes about an entire group of people, because another individual generalized about them.

Still as petty, angry and bitter as ever, I notice.

You (obtusely, in all probability) ignore the word "most", which disqualifies the allegation of generalisation of "all". But it's not unusual for you to make insignificant distinctions to satisfy your petulant agenda.

Still, I expect you to resume your petty hostilities now that I look in from time to time on here again. I noticed you were away quite a lot while I was away, but now I'm back you're coming in more frequently. Some (as distinct from all) might be almost flattered by such attention but I'm not.

Please don't use me as an outlet for your small-minded, childish vindictiveness a second time around. Either discuss the issues or go and do something else.

Better still, just grow up you stupid, pathetic little boy.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#129New Post! Feb 03, 2015 @ 20:04:17
@Jennifer1984 Said

You (obtusely, in all probability) ignore the word "most", which disqualifies the allegation of generalisation of "all". But it's not unusual for you to make insignificant distinctions to satisfy your petulant agenda.

Still, I expect you to resume your petty hostilities now that I look in from time to time on here again. I noticed you were away quite a lot while I was away, but now I'm back you're coming in more frequently. Some (as distinct from all) might be almost flattered by such attention but I'm not.

Please don't use me as an outlet for your small-minded, childish vindictiveness a second time around. Either discuss the issues or go and do something else.

Good to see you too.

Guess I hit a nerve there.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#130New Post! Feb 03, 2015 @ 22:31:35
@Jennifer1984 Said

Can you please resolve a great mystery.

What DID your message to Boxer say when you left?

Quote:
@boxerdc Said

I don't honestly believe that she's pregnant, or that she'll be gone forever, but it's what she said, so I'm going to take her at her word..

After all, it's the internet, she can decide that she's a 42 year old cross dressing antelope if she chooses.. it's not like it matters.

She did send me a private message, with a title something like "You MUST read this".. and since nobody can tell me that I "must" do anything, I deleted it without reading it.. so I'm guessing now that she thought it was her way of having the last word. That makes me think that she'll be gone for at least long enough to make her reentry dramatic..

All I know is that the week or so that she wasn't here it was very peaceful, and we all seemed to get along. I'm looking forward to that for as long as it lasts.

Then you towo can continue your love hate relationship which is all well and good as it probably makes this place more popular. Everyones favourite couple (well not a couple).
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#131New Post! Feb 03, 2015 @ 22:42:44
@Hypnotica Said

Can you please resolve a great mystery.

What DID your message to Boxer say when you left?

I had completely forgotten about that. Still don't care though, and still wouldn't read it.

I do like the "42 year old cross dressing antelope" reference I made back then though.. I've lost my touch with regard to wittiness. Out of practice I guess.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#132New Post! Feb 04, 2015 @ 00:59:24
Each and every group has had a problem recognizing the rights of the LGBT community. No Group can claim to be perfect. I could go to just about any Company in the world and find someone who dislikes /hates a group for their Race, Religion or Sexual Orientation.

When I first joined the service yes they did throw out Citizens for their sexual orientation. Just as many Companies did.

In some ways I would rather serve with a LGBT or Minority, for most of their lives they have had to learn how to fight to survive and that truly is a very sad statement on all of the world.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs