Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 14:52:15
@DiscordTiger Said

Grrrr. It's soft, wires that are not too long, lifts, separates, the cups angled so I actually have great cleavage with a low cut shirt. What would seem to be perfect, except I can't move my arms with out everything getting all wrong and practicality causing serious wardrobe malfunction.

I just want one that fits. Oh, I had some then they f***ing discontinued them. Grrrrrr.

Try a crossover sports bra if you do a job that requires a lot of arm raising, that should help.

I found from playing netball that wearing a bra with a crossover at the back was good for when I have to reach or stretch to throw, catch, etc. No hooks at the back, it’s supportive and holds everything in and although it’s not really a pretty thing, it is functionality without fuss.

Amanda and I buy our regular bras from Marks and Spencer. They’re more expensive (quite a bit actually), but it’s worth it. Their staff are very helpful regarding fittings and it's important to remember that our size does change over time and we can’t just stick to the same old same old forever. Amanda’s a bit of a stick in the mud where her bra size is concerned. She was reluctant to change but I nagged her a bit and these days she’s more inclined to get a fitting when she gets uncomfortable. Better a trip to the shops than an uncomfortable bra, I say.

I must admit I’m glad to be no longer having to wear maternity / nursing bras. I was feeding the baby naturally and, don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, but I really struggled to find a comfortable maternity bra. I had about three fittings at M & S but they were really helpful and in the end I got what I needed (and by the way, don’t forget the Vitamin E oil. Lol. You know what I’m talking about, don’t you girls.). Do you have Marks and Spencer over there..?

I’d definitely recommend you try a crossover sports bra though, Discord, especially for work.
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#18New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 18:41:35
Don't wear boobie holders...problem solved :D
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#19New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 18:51:10
i thought use old bras for birthday or christmas gifts for young women. old training bras or small chest bras use for bookmarks for books like ' little women ' . if women with big bras, you can cut off the straps. you use old bra as two bookselves's ends. image you have stack of books that keep falling off the shelve. you paste cup of the wall where the shelve. that way the cup against the wall, and the flat of the cup is against the book. so the books will straight and tight in a line. the books will not scratch the anything. look at the bright side, not too many of your friends have bra shelves like you do. my last idea. for women with old big bras use make them as bra potholders. your husbands will love them. other husbands will love them. or me, who isn't marry spend more time at your house.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#20New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 19:05:43
The Lumberjack Song ought to fit in this thread somewhere.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#21New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 19:14:51
@Jennifer1984 Said

Try a crossover sports bra if you do a job that requires a lot of arm raising, that should help.

I found from playing netball that wearing a bra with a crossover at the back was good for when I have to reach or stretch to throw, catch, etc. No hooks at the back, it’s supportive and holds everything in and although it’s not really a pretty thing, it is functionality without fuss.

Amanda and I buy our regular bras from Marks and Spencer. They’re more expensive (quite a bit actually), but it’s worth it. Their staff are very helpful regarding fittings and it's important to remember that our size does change over time and we can’t just stick to the same old same old forever. Amanda’s a bit of a stick in the mud where her bra size is concerned. She was reluctant to change but I nagged her a bit and these days she’s more inclined to get a fitting when she gets uncomfortable. Better a trip to the shops than an uncomfortable bra, I say.

I must admit I’m glad to be no longer having to wear maternity / nursing bras. I was feeding the baby naturally and, don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, but I really struggled to find a comfortable maternity bra. I had about three fittings at M & S but they were really helpful and in the end I got what I needed (and by the way, don’t forget the Vitamin E oil. Lol. You know what I’m talking about, don’t you girls.). Do you have Marks and Spencer over there..?

I’d definitely recommend you try a crossover sports bra though, Discord, especially for work.

Sports bras have the unib*** effect. Or squashed boob. I really want the separate individual b*** look. I also wear sweaters/cardigans and the unib*** means the open side of the cardigan flap all over the place rather than staying in place. They also show in most of my tops. It's not like I'm wearing super low cut. It's a modest professional coverage amount, but if the bra shows it looks a million times worse. Also I work in place where no one needs to see their coworkers underwear, ever. Dress code is pretty flex, as long as your underwear is covered.

On me the distance between the where the bottom of the bra band and the top are supposed to sit, is shorter than the average.

The cross back straps though are absolutely useful though. I just wish they came with better cup options. I think you might be on to something there.
No marks and spencer here. But I know the type of store you mean. I hear you in the price it's usually over fifty for one bra unless there is a sale.

I fiddled with my straps making them way too long and used a clip to do that racer back effect. It seems to help.
I totally wish the stores had more options. But needing the lower cut cup already limits me to two or three styles.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#22New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 19:18:26
Have you tried the 'InvisiBra?'

Essentially, there's no straps or back to it because it consists of cups only, but the inner surface of the cups are made with silicone "with a layer of skin-friendly adhesive, making it easy to apply and stay on securely all day and night." They also fasten with a clasp on the front despite being separate cups, to enhance cleavage. They're made by a London-based company called Lavalia, so I don't know if they have them in the States or if you can order them.

I only know about this because I read it in one of my Bathroom Readers and I went back and flipped through to find all the exact details. I don't know if this helps with your bra situation Tiger, but it might be something to look into.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#23New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 19:20:17
Seriously?
Thank goodness we have men around to mansplain and take over a conversation about bras. Or not.

It's actually rather annoying and the opposite of helpful or interesting.
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 19:24:52
@floydgirrl Said

Do you have trouble finding a bra to support your Moobs?

No not at all, I use your mothers old ones.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#25New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 19:25:43
@psycoskunk Said

Have you tried the 'InvisiBra?'

Essentially, there's no straps or back to it because it consists of cups only, but the inner surface of the cups are made with silicone "with a layer of skin-friendly adhesive, making it easy to apply and stay on securely all day and night." They also fasten with a clasp on the front despite being separate cups, to enhance cleavage. They're made by a London-based company called Lavalia, so I don't know if they have them in the States or if you can order them.

I only know about this because I read it in one of my Bathroom Readers and I went back and flipped through to find all the exact details. I don't know if this helps with your bra situation Tiger, but it might be something to look into.

Ok so, considering the snark I just posted...

This was at least trying and not what I meant.

But no those sticky bras are about as useful as using duct tape as underwear. Or pasties. Totally impractical for every day and any support.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#26New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 19:36:47
@floydgirrl Said

Do you have trouble finding a bra to support your Moobs?

Ohhh...

@yami Said

No not at all, I use your mothers old ones.

Ohhh! Shots fired!

@DiscordTiger Said

Ok so, considering the snark I just posted...

This was at least trying and not what I meant.

But no those sticky bras are about as useful as using duct tape as underwear. Or pasties. Totally impractical for every day and any support.

I just went back and saw what you posted. But considering the amount of derailing and off-topic ramblings from the dudes in this thread, completely justified. I just remembered reading about it yesterday and thought it'd might be what you're looking for.

Apparently the website claims that they offer just as much support as a regular bra, but going to the homepage, they sort of do have a bit of a 'pasty' look to them. Although I imagine they'd look a lot different under clothes or backless dresses.

If you're interested, I could PM you the website link, instead of posting it here for the less couth male members to oggle and drool over.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#27New Post! Jan 14, 2015 @ 05:53:26
Maybe if all women simultaneously made the choice to switch to tassels...

But for real bras are expensive as hell for something that breaks as often as they do
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs