Baby Talk

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 15:05:51
@Jennifer1984 Said

Oh well.... that got a lot of sensible responses, didn't it...? Tsk.

Sorry about that.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#17New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 15:11:56
@Jennifer1984 Said

Oh well.... that got a lot of sensible responses, didn't it...? Tsk.

This a shame so many idiots have to respond with selfish unrelated answers. And tbh, it's one of the reasons I don't really come here anymore.

However, yes there are parents on this site. I am not one of them though.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#18New Post! Jan 13, 2015 @ 16:11:59
@floydgirrl Said

This a shame so many idiots have to respond with selfish unrelated answers. And tbh, it's one of the reasons I don't really come here anymore.

However, yes there are parents on this site. I am not one of them though.

We find the term idiot offensive and prefer being called intellectually challenged.

Anyway...

When I was a child I had an aunt who insisted that my parents were far to lenient with me. When her son was 10 years old he put a shotgun in his mouth and blew his brains out. Obviously she had not been strict enough with the kid.
poissons On February 12, 2015

Calgary, Canada
#19New Post! Feb 11, 2015 @ 21:09:44
I wanna hear peoples stories about giving birth oh lordy am I scared
I plan on gettin knocked up when I hit 30 so I have four years to ease my nerves
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#20New Post! Feb 11, 2015 @ 22:15:36
Oh my, definitely believe that all these responses answer your question, Jennifer.

There are parents and grandparents on here, but for the most part, they/we use TFS
mostly for 'mindless entertainment'/chatter, as a 'safe' place to hang out whenever we
have "hard-to-get-me---" time on our hands.. We do have other avenues for discussing
child raising issues, but . . . for the most part, not here on TFS.

Plus, the privacy part of it. With the vastness and the diversity of the membership
here, it is maybe not the best place to post about one's family, not in too much depth
at least. I'm liking TFS for what it is. Sometimes, it can be slow. But then,
when it's really active -- sometimes you're reading and thinking: here we go again, same s*** different day,
and 'tooooo' much of it. It's working for me the way it is, imho. )
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#21New Post! Feb 11, 2015 @ 22:18:19
You could journal about it, only available to friends,
that may work for you.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Feb 26, 2015 @ 14:35:30
@DuLu Said

Oh my, definitely believe that all these responses answer your question, Jennifer.

There are parents and grandparents on here, but for the most part, they/we use TFS
mostly for 'mindless entertainment'/chatter, as a 'safe' place to hang out whenever we
have "hard-to-get-me---" time on our hands.. We do have other avenues for discussing
child raising issues, but . . . for the most part, not here on TFS.

Plus, the privacy part of it. With the vastness and the diversity of the membership
here, it is maybe not the best place to post about one's family, not in too much depth
at least. I'm liking TFS for what it is. Sometimes, it can be slow. But then,
when it's really active -- sometimes you're reading and thinking: here we go again, same s*** different day,
and 'tooooo' much of it. It's working for me the way it is, imho. )

Yeah, I guess you're right. Tsk. What a shame though, that people are deterred from discussing issues for worry about the behaviour of immature prannets who, if they can't contribute something sensible, should just leave well alone and respect those who want to discuss issues like grown-ups. As usual, it's the silly little boys who spoil it for others.

I didn't want to start a detailed thread, just the general issues of having a small toddler. She'll be two in April and although I have plenty of family support it's still a good thing to be able to get a variety of opinions from all around.

I still like TFS and would rather discuss these things here than, say, Netmums, which has become a massive middle class clique. The more down-to-earth TFS'r is much more preferable, when a proper discussion gets going, that is.

LGBT sites are very supportive and friendly, but lack the frisson of TFS.

I was just hoping I'd get something going on here, but alas, am disappointed. Ho-hum.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#23New Post! Feb 26, 2015 @ 22:45:28
you ever once if the story is true about old lady lived in big shoe. how many children can put in a big shoe? not that old lady could lived in a hotel with a group of children. she ain't no carol brady. since the thread is derailed before i started this post. do wonder if old lady had cable in the shoe, if she did, i would moved in. if she was married or not, how many husbands that survived the honeymoons. she could be a black window? what kind of past this old lady has, why i am think dating her now? what happen to the kids after the old lady kick the bucket? the kids are went into the shoe business, get it? sometimes, i can be heel in these posts, get it? once i was a baby, not my mom that would admit it. what is thread about i can't think, would someone in the op's title keep whoever the baby that talking , tell him, to shut up. he been crying for hours.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Mar 09, 2015 @ 19:21:40
My little girl is two years old today.

She's been a bit bemused by all the fuss and attention she's had, but she's realised she's at the centre of something special.

She's the most wonderful thing in the world and although we've only had her for two years, we can't imagine what life would be like without her. She's in bed and asleep now and tomorrow will be another day, like any other. And this time next year, she'll be three.

They call it "The Terrible Twos", but I can't imagine anything she could be or do that will be terrible. Feisty, yes. Inquisitive, oh certainly. Into everything, without a doubt. But I find it all wonderful.

I'm quite disappointed that nobody on this site ever wants to talk about such things. Perhaps I'm a little over the top, but that could be because of what I had to go through to have her, and all the times of thinking that I'd never be a mum. Perhaps some women take being a mother for granted. It's just something that..... happened.... to them.

Whatever. I'm happy and I don't feel at all inhibited in saying so.

Now I suppose I'd better get the house tidied and Megan's things put away, although goodness knows, she'll have them out all over the place again tomorrow morning. Wonderful, isn't it..?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs