The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#16New Post! Nov 22, 2014 @ 19:13:16
@GreatestIam2 Said

And A & E did the right thing in shedding their ignorant bliss yet religions curse man for shedding the root of all evil.

Regards
DL

Phobias are in place for a reason but they are contextual to the individual.

Like breaking it lightly to a kid who is growing, learning and learning to maturely accept what they are learning.

ie;

Child learns there is no Santa and finds out parents are the Christmas Eve culprits.

Once he gets past that he's introduced to the notion that his mom and dad may be robots.

But if you break it to the kid all at once it might disturb them.

"Lucifer's false light" sounds like fear of Quantum Physics.

Arts & Entertainment tend to hide more progressive ideas believing themselves original but the folly is they are not and for someone just starting to go sane all the entertainment media around them (they once loved) could turn into an infernal rhapsody of madness.

I think Christians began that trend, however, by seemingly non-convicted music artists hiding pro-Christian references in their lyrics as gimmick to sell more albums.

Around the time that the Beatles were continuing on with the gag I think neurologists were taking notice of the affects on the public and took some experimental liberties they should not have.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Nov 23, 2014 @ 00:04:45
What are the cross and the bible if not idols?

Regards
DL

what i refer to the greek, eyptians, and other religious groups. that use pyramids and tombs put idols in them. i think the bible and the cross represent has more symbicalism than an statues. before christanity, there an symbol for what people believe they accept the sun rises and fall every day and night. no claim human being there more than a man or a woman. during the time, they had tyrants and ditcators, there was no room to need to claim to be a god. really!
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#18New Post! Dec 09, 2014 @ 02:04:40
@Electric_Banana Said

Phobias are in place for a reason but they are contextual to the individual.

Like breaking it lightly to a kid who is growing, learning and learning to maturely accept what they are learning.

ie;

Child learns there is no Santa and finds out parents are the Christmas Eve culprits.

Once he gets past that he's introduced to the notion that his mom and dad may be robots.

But if you break it to the kid all at once it might disturb them.

"Lucifer's false light" sounds like fear of Quantum Physics.

Arts & Entertainment tend to hide more progressive ideas believing themselves original but the folly is they are not and for someone just starting to go sane all the entertainment media around them (they once loved) could turn into an infernal rhapsody of madness.

I think Christians began that trend, however, by seemingly non-convicted music artists hiding pro-Christian references in their lyrics as gimmick to sell more albums.

Around the time that the Beatles were continuing on with the gag I think neurologists were taking notice of the affects on the public and took some experimental liberties they should not have.

Not sure that this is not you just ----- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l4nVByCL44

Just kidding buddy.

Yes, I think that many songs have a double entendre.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#19New Post! Dec 09, 2014 @ 02:07:39
@twilitezone911 Said

What are the cross and the bible if not idols?

Regards
DL

what i refer to the greek, eyptians, and other religious groups. that use pyramids and tombs put idols in them. i think the bible and the cross represent has more symbicalism than an statues.

Yes. More symbolism to the point of idol worship.

Something their own bible warns against.

Regards
DL
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#20New Post! Dec 09, 2014 @ 10:03:47
@GreatestIam2 Said

Not sure that this is not you just ----- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l4nVByCL44

Just kidding buddy.

Yes, I think that many songs have a double entendre.

Regards
DL

Ah, I understood the reference to telepathy but that's the first time I caught onto to the bit that Buddhists are always complaining about.

"How many times must we prove ourselves to show we are and we can?"
"The answer, my friend, is "Forever" unless someone figures how to stop us all from blowing around in the wind."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs