Who's ya Daddy!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#16New Post! Nov 01, 2014 @ 13:48:45
@Marcussextus Said

True. I have a friend in Darwin who refuses to work, because he'd immediately lose the majority of his pay, he'd have real problems surviving on the left-overs. He's shown me all the paperwork so I know it's true.
He wasn't even in a relationship, a bit of casual sex and he was nailed for life. The kid is his, that's been well established, but the mother has since married and works full time as well as her husband, yet the court insists that Dave fork out massive amounts of money to support her in the manner to which she has accustomed herself!
He's never even met his child, the mother refuses to allow it and ignores any court orders with impunity!
For many men like Dave it's a case of all responsibility and no rights.

Yep,same thing with my ex,I Found out after 9 yrs of marriage,3 kids and a mortgage that I was playing second fiddle to another bloke and had been since day 1.
She got rid of me,got the house and all furnishings plus 1/3 of my money each week.Her and the Boyfriend figured they could then afford to move to a very nice area and bought a house that's worth over 1 Mill today.
And who was the one who got screwed by the Family law courts system,Me,because I'm a male.
I will never hit a woman ,but I can seriously understand why some bloke punch the living fuk out of them.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#17New Post! Nov 01, 2014 @ 21:39:04
I find it 'funny' that in the family court, we have a legally sanctioned system in place where a women can knowingly defraud a man to any extent the courts enable her to, and it is not considered a crime. There are few if any other areas of law where that is allowed.

There is no doubt that there are many bad fathers out there, and making them take some responsibility for their children is right and fair, but at the moment, the system is often stacked too far against men (although, often the court seems to favour whichever parent is going to be most harmful to the child's interests for some reason ).

Anyway... I am not sure how the system could be made fairer, but there are some things that should be done. Allowing paternity tests in cases where parentage is disputed is a reasonable first step.
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#18New Post! Nov 02, 2014 @ 00:08:38
As I said, the Family Court actually did the right thing for me , but that was mainly because the ex' was so blatantly contemptuous of THEM.
Even then I'm not sure if I would have got custody is she hadn't finally agreed to it, but at the time the Court had warned her that if she fkd the court around one more time she would lose them.
Her response was simply, "Fk you, and your bratts, take them if it means that much to you"!
I sure can pick 'em!

As it now stands the law is that you can't have a paternity test done unless the mother agrees in writing, and if that's not a blatant miscarriage of justice I don't know what is!
It's like saying you can't prosecute a bank robber unless HE agrees to allowing evidence to be gathered!
Making such testing automatic would eliminate that problem, and prevent much distress and many battles later in life, which inevitably hurt the child worst of all involved.
What possible justification can there be for saying that a woman's rights exceed and cancel out all other's?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs