Cars

Car Trouble

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#16New Post! Sep 13, 2014 @ 01:26:30
I looked it up on the Internet and for your car it means the flux-capacitor needs to be re-calibrationized to match the spin of your vulcanator.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Sep 13, 2014 @ 01:27:23
@mrmhead Said

I looked it up on the Internet and for your car it means the flux-capacitor needs to be re-calibrationized to match the spin of your vulcanator.

Or you need to flush out the fallopian tubes, adjust the left fetzer valve, and top off the blinker fluid.

It might also be a chipped uterus.

NE, Ohio
#18New Post! Sep 13, 2014 @ 02:23:38
@Eaglebauer Said
, and top off the blinker fluid.

Hehe .. a friend and I joked about this, then a few weeks later I stopped hearing my blinkers.

I took it into the shop - mainly for other things - but I mentioned this and they fixed my front speakers!?!

RobbyF On November 11, 2016

Silver Spring, Maryland
#19New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 10:42:51
What did it end up being?? Yeah a check engine light (CEL) can mean any number of things, MOST of which aren't so pressing you have to stop driving. If it's something bad, it will be accompanied by bad noise and or feel. I have a reader, I have a CEL on now for a PCV valve, I went to fix it a couple weeks ago and no one had it in stock so I'm just living with it for now until I have to go through emissions. My dad has a car which has been throwing intermittent CEL codes for a bad cat (or 2...) and he's also just sitting on it. You prob won't have to put TOO much money into it if it's otherwise running well.

Let us know what the problem ended up being!! I'm curious!

Silver Spring, Maryland
#20New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 10:44:04
JUST noticed you're in CA.... Yeah if it's emissions (PCV valve, EGR valve, Cat....) they're gonna make you fix it FAST there.... CA has the strictest emissions laws in the country....
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#21New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 15:58:41
It's my starter.

Silver Spring, Maryland
#22New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 16:19:03
Aw, sorry to hear that. May not be bad depending on the vehicle, but either way, it's not like a $20 fix... I have done a few starters, one in a parking lot LoL, but one of my cars I had a few years back that was AWD had a starter go bad.... I was gonna do it since I had done them in other cars..... but I couldn't FIND it! I looked online and every pic people posted for location was an engine that was not in the car..... That was one I left for the pros.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#23New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 19:54:50
I hate the computerization of the automobile's engine compartment. And even worse are the plastic hoods and shields that don't even let you SEE the engine anymore!!!

There was a time when a guy could pop the hood and fix a problem. Now, most guys would need a hint, before they could even pop the hood!!!!

NE, Ohio
#24New Post! Oct 10, 2014 @ 19:18:50
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

I hate the computerization of the automobile's engine compartment. And even worse are the plastic hoods and shields that don't even let you SEE the engine anymore!!!

There was a time when a guy could pop the hood and fix a problem. Now, most guys would need a hint, before they could even pop the hood!!!!

There was a time one could pop the hood, climb in the engine compartment and close the hood and still work on the car!

Silver Spring, Maryland
#25New Post! Oct 10, 2014 @ 19:21:52
@mrmhead Said

There was a time one could pop the hood, climb in the engine compartment and close the hood and still work on the car!

A lady I know who's into 50s Chevy's (she has a 55) has a few pics of her IN the engine compartment doing things!! I think she was hooking everything back up after a swap in one of the pics!!
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#26New Post! Oct 11, 2014 @ 03:06:51
@Cpat92 Said

Oddly, my car started up fine Yesterday when I went to check it. I'm still going to get it checked. It started, there was no rapid clicking noise and no engine light. My car is possessed by the Devil, or it's on crack.

The "Check Engine" light can come on for just about anything. O2 sensor, Gas cap not tight, then turn off randomly. Take it to AutoZone and have them check it for FREE.

J.R.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs